Should guns be banned? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

View Poll Results: Should guns be banned

yes 8 25.00%
no 24 75.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 11-30-2010, 07:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,417
HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
I try to shoot at least 2 or 3 people a year. It's tough though because the economy is bad and it's expensive to maintain a gun, keep ammunition stocked, buy replacement confederate flags for my raised mudding truck every couple of months, etc.

Why is a guy from england rallying to make guns in america illegal anyway? when was the last time you saw someone from america rally to make guns legal in england?
__________________
His helmet was stifling, it narrowed his vision. And he must see far. His shield was heavy. It threw him off balance. And his target is far away.
HexRei is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-30-2010, 07:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
joshua7789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,316
joshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerShark1985 View Post
So if the government fails and turns on its people, the people should have no means to protect themselves giving an unbalance of power like we have here in the UK

I just wish the red necks out there with guns would take them and start an up rising hell give them more guns.
Yeah, because a bunch of untrained people with guns are going to be able to stand up to the military. Hate to be the bearer of bad news for the would be freedom fghters in America, red dawn is a move and they would be wiped out before they even got any sort of resistance going. The reason that the "rebels" in afghanistan and iraq have been so successful is because they were trained and outfitted by highly skilled military personnel from various countries. If the American government were able to turn the military on the people, the people would be shit outta luck.
joshua7789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,417
HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua7789 View Post
Yeah, because a bunch of untrained people with guns are going to be able to stand up to the military. Hate to be the bearer of bad news for the would freedom fghters in America, red dawn is a move and they would be wiped out before they even got any sort of resistance going. The reason that the "rebels" in afghanistan and iraq have been so successful is because they were trained and outfitted by highly skilled military personnel from various countries. If the American government were able to turn the military on the people, the people would be shit outta luck.
Not necessarily. The military itself is made up of citizens. Plenty of them would desert as they aren't really interested in shooting their friends and family. They would take their skills with them. There are plenty of mountains and desert and other inhospitable terrain with hiding spots where rebels could hole up for long periods of time. Small arms would be handy for random minor engagements with patrols, hunting for food and defending against wildlife. Obviously they're not going to take on tanks and jets with them but they're essential to guerrilla warfare and very helpful in wilderness survival.

Really it would just be a matter of surviving until the lack of supply and support from civilians kicked the military's feet right out from under them.
__________________
His helmet was stifling, it narrowed his vision. And he must see far. His shield was heavy. It threw him off balance. And his target is far away.
HexRei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 352
VincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerShark1985 View Post
So if the government fails and turns on its people, the people should have no means to protect themselves giving an unbalance of power like we have here in the UK

I just wish the red necks out there with guns would take them and start an up rising hell give them more guns.
lol, the government can crush the poplulace any time it ****in likes. this is narnia thinking. the reason it dont is cos it needs the populace. not because it doesnt have the means to destroy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
Not necessarily. The military itself is made up of citizens. Plenty of them would desert as they aren't really interested in shooting their friends and family. They would take their skills with them. There are plenty of mountains and desert and other inhospitable terrain with hiding spots where rebels could hole up for long periods of time. Small arms would be handy for random minor engagements with patrols, hunting for food and defending against wildlife. Obviously they're not going to take on tanks and jets with them but they're essential to guerrilla warfare and very helpful in wilderness survival.

Really it would just be a matter of surviving until the lack of supply and support from civilians kicked the military's feet right out from under them.
this is more like it.

and that really is the bigger question.

a more interesting question concerns a re run of the civil war. and how that would impact on the populace.

Last edited by HitOrGetHit : 12-01-2010 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Double Post
VincePierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
KillerShark1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,806
KillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by VincePierce View Post
lol, the government can crush the poplulace any time it ****in likes. this is narnia thinking. the reason it dont is cos it needs the populace. not because it doesnt have the means to destroy it.
Maybe thats just what they want you to think so you shit and take there sh1t and dont even try to fight back.

See they have successfully struck fear into your society and invited you to kill one another and not them.
__________________

KillerShark1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 352
VincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerShark1985 View Post
Maybe thats just what they want you to think so you shit and take there sh1t and dont even try to fight back.
no. this is cloudy thinking. theres a 1000 ways to fight back. a full on war against the state aint one of them. if the IRA know this, and the mafia know this, and wikileaks know this and even al queda know this, then i dont see where your issue is.

not that i agree with the above.
VincePierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
joshua7789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,316
joshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
Not necessarily. The military itself is made up of citizens. Plenty of them would desert as they aren't really interested in shooting their friends and family. They would take their skills with them. There are plenty of mountains and desert and other inhospitable terrain with hiding spots where rebels could hole up for long periods of time. Small arms would be handy for random minor engagements with patrols, hunting for food and defending against wildlife. Obviously they're not going to take on tanks and jets with them but they're essential to guerrilla warfare and very helpful in wilderness survival.

Really it would just be a matter of surviving until the lack of supply and support from civilians kicked the military's feet right out from under them.
You make it sound easy. As I said, the taliban and groups like them are extremely highly trained and have been fighting and surviving through war for most of there lives. They are also much more well outfitted then people understand. Guerilla warfare isnt quite as simple as you are implying. Surviving in the wilderness is anything but simple or easy. The "people" would not stand any kind of a chance of fighting off the American military if it were somehow turned against us. Non military Americans have no idea what war is and are extremely soft, comparitively speaking. Less then five percent of Americans serve in the military and even less see real combat.
joshua7789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:21 PM   #18 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
KillerShark1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,806
KillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by VincePierce View Post
no. this is cloudy thinking. theres a 1000 ways to fight back. a full on war against the state aint one of them. if the IRA know this, and the mafia know this, i dont see where your issue is.
really have any other way's really proved successful in bringing about change in history, chance cost sacrifice my friend, and your government is ****ign up the entire world, and you have the guns to stop them.
__________________

KillerShark1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 352
VincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the roughVincePierce is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua7789 View Post
You make it sound easy. As I said, the taliban and groups like them are extremely highly trained and have been fighting and surviving through war for most of there lives. They are also much more well outfitted then people understand. Guerilla warfare isnt quite as simple as you are implying. Surviving in the wilderness is anything but simple or easy. The "people" would not stand any kind of a chance of fighting off the American military if it were somehow turned against us. Non military Americans have no idea what war is and are extremely soft, comparitively speaking. Less then five percent of Americans serve in the military and even less see real combat.
the thing people are really overlooking here are the rules of engagement. the people usually beat the state in the end, because they have internal and external support. and because the price of victory becomes too high for the state.

america could wipe every afghan dweling man woman and child off the face of the earth. what they cant do is pull that trigger without mobilising every muslim (1 000 000 000) and comparable world power (26 000 nuclear weapons) on the planet.

and thats not a war you can win.

Last edited by VincePierce : 11-30-2010 at 07:32 PM.
VincePierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:28 PM   #20 (permalink)
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,417
HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua7789 View Post
You make it sound easy. As I said, the taliban and groups like them are extremely highly trained and have been fighting and surviving through war for most of there lives. They are also much more well outfitted then people understand. Guerilla warfare isnt quite as simple as you are implying. Surviving in the wilderness is anything but simple or easy. The "people" would not stand any kind of a chance of fighting off the American military if it were somehow turned against us. Non military Americans have no idea what war is and are extremely soft, comparitively speaking. Less then five percent of Americans serve in the military and even less see real combat.
I don't think it will be easy, I think it will be horrifying with massive casualties.
__________________
His helmet was stifling, it narrowed his vision. And he must see far. His shield was heavy. It threw him off balance. And his target is far away.
HexRei is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios