Originally Posted by americanfighter
look VP we can go back and forth on this till the end of time. I probably am not going to change you mind on a forum. I just know this.
1. There are evil people out there
2. a gun is the most effective way to defend against them.
3. Criminals will be able to get a hold of guns even after ban. The ban takes weakens law abiding citizens more than criminals.
4. banning guns would be plucking the teeth of the sheep dogs (defenders) of society.
5. no guns means a weaker civilian population.
6. The crime rates are dependent on the society not the weapons there.
7. the gun levels the playing field for those who would normally not be able to defend themselves.
8. i want to be able to defend myself, my friends, and most importantly my family against any threat that we may encounter.
given that i am against a gun ban.
i said id stay out of this one.
1 some kid just held up his school which makes this topical. the fact you dont even know about it only illustrates what a common occurance it is.
2 if guns were banned less ppl would be murdered. i dont know how you can argue that.
3 guns v government is ridiculous
4 guns v criminal is a false sense of security. how the **** you see criminals toting guns when it can get you shot on sight i dont see. and if you think going rambo on criminals who have the means and desire to kill you will help, then good luck with that one. there are far more chances of getting yourself killed. and the situation is escalated by the fact they are legal. even if you had a gun and felt you had the right to keep one just in case, thats different to the fact they are freely available and accessible to ****in kids in your country.
9000 ppl get shot to death every year in usa. justify it all you want but its a ridiculous amount for a ''civilised'' country.
thats 3 x 9/11 every single year.
thats it really. its so ****in obvious youre all killing each other cos theres too many guns. but go ahead. have your say.