MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   The Lounge (http://www.mmaforum.com/lounge/)
-   -   Help me aquire a sponsorship? (http://www.mmaforum.com/lounge/85462-help-me-aquire-sponsorship.html)

Intermission 12-18-2010 12:10 AM

Help me aquire a sponsorship?
 
Hey everyone !

Well I am really hoping to get me a sponsorship and I need help with what I am going to say, I know pretty much what I am going to say but it would be great getting feedback from the wonderful community.

So I am trying to get a sponsorship to pay my way through a training camp, it would cost around $6000 for 3 months and I need to approach companies for this. Any suggestions?

Intermission 12-18-2010 08:51 AM

Bump :)

xeberus 12-18-2010 10:17 AM

6000$? in sponsorships for one fight? i dont mean to sound doubtful but thats a lot. I mean you might be able to pull it off if you get a contract in one of the smaller but more known organizations. but most fighters without a recognizable name and a lot of experience couldnt get that unless they had one hell of a manager or some serious marketing skill.

how much would you be paid for that 1 fight anyway?

Especially if this is your first professional fight. How many amateur/professional fights have you had?

G_Land 12-18-2010 10:42 AM

We talked about this before. It will be tough to get that much for a training camp. You might have to spin it with the media angle.

Intermission 12-18-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeberus (Post 1323633)
6000$? in sponsorships for one fight? i dont mean to sound doubtful but thats a lot. I mean you might be able to pull it off if you get a contract in one of the smaller but more known organizations. but most fighters without a recognizable name and a lot of experience couldnt get that unless they had one hell of a manager or some serious marketing skill.

how much would you be paid for that 1 fight anyway?

Especially if this is your first professional fight. How many amateur/professional fights have you had?

Yeah I should have specified more clearly. I am goign to Thailand and it is a 3 month training camp, it is the most madia friendly camp and all the members get photographed on a daily basis and even recorded. I was going to use the media approach and hint that international media exposure ect ect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by G_Land (Post 1323645)
We talked about this before. It will be tough to get that much for a training camp. You might have to spin it with the media angle.

Yeah read above, this is the approach I was going to go with. My only problem is I have really nothing else to offer them besides the fact I am young and going accross the world for 3 months.

box 12-18-2010 04:04 PM

These are some tough economic times for people, but good luck with your goal.

Killz 12-18-2010 05:58 PM

you should start doing regular youtube videos, documenting your current training and the build up to the sponsored training camp. If you could build up a good following for that it might improve your chances of getting some sponsorship.

The Horticulturist 12-18-2010 07:57 PM

Killstarz is right, utilize the free tools you have at your disposal (youtube, facebook)

Your friends at MMAforum could gangbang the comment/fan sections. I'm sure most of us could find a few moments to contribute.

If a sponsor saw that you had support coming from all over the country/world on TOP of any local support you can rally, that couldn't be a bad thing.

I don't know, maybe you aren't interesting and no one will watch your videos! I just know that when candid, most people are interesting to watch, and the footage of a young man training his first fight could be a very interesting topic for a video/series.

I'll always support you in any way I can from the east coast 'mish.

xeberus 12-19-2010 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intermission (Post 1323744)
Yeah I should have specified more clearly. I am goign to Thailand and it is a 3 month training camp, it is the most madia friendly camp and all the members get photographed on a daily basis and even recorded. I was going to use the media approach and hint that international media exposure ect ect.

ahh!

totally thought something else... that sounds awesome.. take me with you!!! xD

Intermission 12-19-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeberus (Post 1324297)
ahh!

totally thought something else... that sounds awesome.. take me with you!!! xD

Gladly...

I put together something that I am going to send around. I really hope this works !


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2