Welcome to Chicago! - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 08:16 PM
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,450
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauno View Post
There are some parts in the US without weed? Screw that.
oh nah, its everywhere.. its just not legal xD

in fact a couple weeks ago i went into taco bell mid day, and walked in the bathroom and one of the workers was in there breaking up maybe 2 ounces of weed. he was like "woah... are you cool dude?" it was great xD



If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 08:42 PM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,676
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeberus View Post
oh nah, its everywhere.. its just not legal xD

in fact a couple weeks ago i went into taco bell mid day, and walked in the bathroom and one of the workers was in there breaking up maybe 2 ounces of weed. he was like "woah... are you cool dude?" it was great xD
Haha, i bet it was awesome!

Rauno is offline  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 05:01 AM
"I <3 Trolls"
 
TraMaI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,923
                     
I'm actually thinking about moving to Chicago this summer... any tips on good (read: relatively cheap, "stab-free") areas to live?
TraMaI is offline  
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 05:16 AM Thread Starter
The Reverend
 
JuggNuttz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,889
                     
hmmmm well are you looking to rent or own? do you have a car and dont mind a drive, or need to take public transit? you have a job lined up and know where its at yet?

generally the north side of chicago is much much nicer, but lil more expensive. and it can go block to block between being a decent area and a real shat hole... like Rodgers park is on the far north side and i wanna say the southern part of it is nice, but the north side of it where chicago meets evanston is a real dump, and as one cop friend said when i asked how bad is it? "like gun shots and sirens all night long bad...." if you can commute and are on the north side, some of the suburbs are real nice and not too expensive like in niles and skokie, and I-94 isnt far and can take you to downtown. lemme know and ill see what i can come up with, i ask a few people too.


Made by DP

R.I.P. Evan Tanner, you will be missed....

WWNPHD?
JuggNuttz is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 05:48 AM
The Mad Titan
 
Guy Incognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Following The Path To Jesus Set By His Disciple Vitor Belfort
Posts: 5,111
                     

Guy Incognito is offline  
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 08:35 AM
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeberus View Post
don't believe the hype, we don't even have legal prostitution or weed almost anywhere.

..the day we do I'll change my tune to... "we're doing alright over here"
Xeberus: the solutionis The Netherlands!
Amsterdam baby.
A friend of mine went there, smoked some weid, got high as shit...and then got behind the wheel of his car, started drivng like shit...all over the place.

A policeman stopped him: checked his papers and asked him if he drank any alcohol. My friend said no.

Policeman asked him if he smoked some weid. My friend said: "2 joints".

The officer gave him his paper and asked him to drive more carefully!

How F*in awesome is that!!!

.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline  
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 08:51 AM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,676
                     
Well, winter in Estonia during the skiing competition's:


Rauno is offline  
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 05:09 PM
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,450
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraMaI View Post
I'm actually thinking about moving to Chicago this summer... any tips on good (read: relatively cheap, "stab-free") areas to live?
keep your car doors locked. this one time i forgot to lock mine and some homeless guys came and had a gay orgy in my car. i found a note along with a deer vagina, the note read "thanks for the f*** shack, <signed> dirty mike and the boys".

Quote:
Xeberus: the solutionis The Netherlands!
Amsterdam baby.
A friend of mine went there, smoked some weid, got high as shit...and then got behind the wheel of his car, started drivng like shit...all over the place.

A policeman stopped him: checked his papers and asked him if he drank any alcohol. My friend said no.

Policeman asked him if he smoked some weid. My friend said: "2 joints".

The officer gave him his paper and asked him to drive more carefully!

How F*in awesome is that!!!
I love amsterdam. Wish I had to balls to move there >_<

although if i did im not sure there'd be enough pot and hookers left for the natives



If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline  
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 11:14 PM
"I <3 Trolls"
 
TraMaI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,923
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggNuttz View Post
hmmmm well are you looking to rent or own? do you have a car and dont mind a drive, or need to take public transit? you have a job lined up and know where its at yet?

generally the north side of chicago is much much nicer, but lil more expensive. and it can go block to block between being a decent area and a real shat hole... like Rodgers park is on the far north side and i wanna say the southern part of it is nice, but the north side of it where chicago meets evanston is a real dump, and as one cop friend said when i asked how bad is it? "like gun shots and sirens all night long bad...." if you can commute and are on the north side, some of the suburbs are real nice and not too expensive like in niles and skokie, and I-94 isnt far and can take you to downtown. lemme know and ill see what i can come up with, i ask a few people too.
More than likely own. I'd LOVE to live in the city but we aren't sure yet. Don't have a job lined up or anything, just something we're thinking about if we can get the funds together. And I'd like to stay away from bad neighborhoods all together because I'd rather not worry about my wife or daughter getting shot/stabbed/etc while I'm at work.
TraMaI is offline  
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
The Reverend
 
JuggNuttz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,889
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraMaI View Post
More than likely own. I'd LOVE to live in the city but we aren't sure yet. Don't have a job lined up or anything, just something we're thinking about if we can get the funds together. And I'd like to stay away from bad neighborhoods all together because I'd rather not worry about my wife or daughter getting shot/stabbed/etc while I'm at work.
suburbs then id say..... city taxes are retarded..... like gas will be 5-10c per gallon more just cuz its inside chicago limits.... property tax too. like the neighborhood im in, its inside chicago limits, but just like suburbs, so LOTS of city workers mostly firemen and cops, but to buy in this area... 500k minimum..... cuz it IS Chicago, yet just like a suburb (my parent bought it in the 70's, so this house paid off now) Skokie and Niles, NW burbs right by chicago, very nice areas, some very expensive, some very reasonable, and again your very close to I-94 which takes ya right downtown! i was kinda close to buying some houses for <160k in some very nice areas in niles and skokie, small.... but still 2-3 bedroom houses, and in neighborhoods most peole dont lock their car doors in....


SKOKIE and NILES, suburbs, but right on the border of Chicago.... taxes about the same, some things slightly lower, and mostly very good neighborhoods.


Made by DP

R.I.P. Evan Tanner, you will be missed....

WWNPHD?
JuggNuttz is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome