Cure for Cancer? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply

Old 02-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,450
xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
I remember reading about this a long time ago. The article I was reading at the time also claimed a cure for HIV. Something like 2% of the population are immune to most strains of HIV and a bone marrow transplant makes your body produce immune blood cells that replace all the infected cells in months. Or something like that, it's been years since I read it but interesting stuff

Well, not to defend big pharma, but they don't want people to die either as long as they are sick and use their meds... Actually no big pharma is basically a bunch of bunts.
__________________


If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
H33LHooK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Where it's cold- very cold.
Posts: 691
H33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of Knowledge
If a cure was available, you'd know pretty quick because the wealthiest would stop dieing of cancer.

In additon, "big pharma" is, even at the very tippy-top of their organization, made up of people- people who have had people they love die from cancer. I'm pretty sure that if the cure existed, they'd have used it.

Or did they...? *insert eyeroll here*

.
H33LHooK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Roll Tide Roll
 
G_Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South West Alabama
Posts: 7,591
G_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF Material
If they did find a cure I'm sure Swazey or Andy Whitfield would have made it out on top....
But hey Magic is still around and he has had HIV for like what 20 years?
__________________


Credit to M.C !!
G_Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
Couchwarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: the couch
Posts: 2,679
Couchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For Greatness
Immunologist and cell biologist Ralph Steinman died from cancer in September last year, just before he was supposed to pick up his Nobel Prize in medicine. If there had been a bullet proof cure for cancer, I'm pretty sure he would have known about it.

Anyway, if the drug is already used to treat metabolic disorders it means it is commercially produced, so it should be pretty easy to find a doctor who is willing to prescribe it for cancer patients it it has been showing promising results.
Couchwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:37 AM   #15 (permalink)
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,648
Hammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Land View Post
If they did find a cure I'm sure Swazey or Andy Whitfield would have made it out on top....
But hey Magic is still around and he has had HIV for like what 20 years?
You can have HIV (= the virus) without ever getting AIDS (= the disease) though. If you're lucky the virus never gets activated in your body. You're still contagious though. Cancer is pretty much straightforward, you either have it or you don't.

The newest thing in cancer research is using a virus to fight cancer. Sounds strange but it's very promising. Nowadays you can pretty much build a virus from scratch and design it so it only attacks cancer cells. They already tested it in humans and it stopped cancer growth in almost 80% of the patients. Of course there were under 10 test subjects and in the other 20% the virus actually reproduced in healthy cells so we're not quite there yet.
Hammerlock2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #16 (permalink)
Roll Tide Roll
 
G_Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South West Alabama
Posts: 7,591
G_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
You can have HIV (= the virus) without ever getting AIDS (= the disease) though. If you're lucky the virus never gets activated in your body. You're still contagious though. Cancer is pretty much straightforward, you either have it or you don't.

The newest thing in cancer research is using a virus to fight cancer. Sounds strange but it's very promising. Nowadays you can pretty much build a virus from scratch and design it so it only attacks cancer cells. They already tested it in humans and it stopped cancer growth in almost 80% of the patients. Of course there were under 10 test subjects and in the other 20% the virus actually reproduced in healthy cells so we're not quite there yet.

All I know is it scares the shit out of me!....And virus that targets specific things???? Thats the beginning of Fox Die!!
__________________


Credit to M.C !!
G_Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #17 (permalink)
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,648
Hammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Don't worry, there are cheaper ways to kill people than genetically engineering a virus to attack a single person.
Hammerlock2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1
matthewbarbe has a little shameless behaviour in the past
The cure uses a dichloroacetate, a simple drug used to treat metabolic disorders.Treating diseases as "chronic diseases" is a lot more profitable than curing diseases! Curing cancer patients safely with natural products would dramatically reduce the profits of the medical community and the pharmaceutical industry.
__________________
Stage 4 Cancer
matthewbarbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios