**MMA Forum Official** Member Picture Thread - Page 64 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

 10Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #631 of 1056 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 05:29 AM
Featherweight
 
boatoar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,333
                     

Some cartoonish filters we used. I liked it though. I'm typically very unphotogenic. Cheers.
boatoar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #632 of 1056 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 05:30 AM Thread Starter
 
K R Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wales, Boyo!
Posts: 10,733
                     
Stock or after market? Dumb dumb no understando.

I have the cheapest L lens for my 70-200. It's the F/4 version with No Image Stabilisation. Can get one for around £300 or so now I think!

70-300 has more range, but that's about it. the 70-200's are far quicker, have a constant aperture and have far better optics so give far greater image quality. Definitely recommend!






“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
K R Y is offline  
post #633 of 1056 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 05:34 AM
The Fun Police
 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 11,373
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by K R Y View Post
Stock or after market? Dumb dumb no understando.

I have the cheapest L lens for my 70-200. It's the F/4 version with No Image Stabilisation. Can get one for around £300 or so now I think!

70-300 has more range, but that's about it. the 70-200's are far quicker, have a constant aperture and have far better optics so give far greater image quality. Definitely recommend!
I meant, did it come with the camera body (mine came with a 18-55mm, or did you buy it seperate

I really REALLY want the EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM.

I dont really use the 70-300 much to be honest, and when I do it's for architectural stuff and rarely moving objects. But, that is what i got it for so does what I want.
Killz is offline  
post #634 of 1056 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 05:42 AM Thread Starter
 
K R Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wales, Boyo!
Posts: 10,733
                     
Ahhh I gotcha!! It does come as a kit lens with the 7D, but I bought it after.

I use onestop-digital

SO cheap compared to places like Jessops or Amazon.

I really don't see the point of the 24-70 F/4. It has less range than the amazing 24-105 f/4 and a crappier aperture than the 24-70 f2/8 yet costs more than the 105 and nearly as much as the 2.8 version. Such a weird lens, it does nothing better than either, a few things worse and costs are similar.






“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
K R Y is offline  
post #635 of 1056 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 05:49 AM
The Fun Police
 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 11,373
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by K R Y View Post
Ahhh I gotcha!! It does come as a kit lens with the 7D, but I bought it after.

I use onestop-digital

SO cheap compared to places like Jessops or Amazon.

I really don't see the point of the 24-70 F/4. It has less range than the amazing 24-105 f/4 and a crappier aperture than the 24-70 f2/8 yet costs more than the 105 and nearly as much as the 2.8 version. Such a weird lens, it does nothing better than either, a few things worse and costs are similar.
Oh yeah, bloody hell.. it is expensive!
Killz is offline  
post #636 of 1056 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
 
K R Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wales, Boyo!
Posts: 10,733
                     
If it was priced UNDER the 24-105 and the 24-70 2.8 then YAY that'd be amazing. Filling a gap and all that. But that price? What were they thinking!?






“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
K R Y is offline  
post #637 of 1056 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 06:10 AM
The Fun Police
 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 11,373
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by K R Y View Post
If it was priced UNDER the 24-105 and the 24-70 2.8 then YAY that'd be amazing. Filling a gap and all that. But that price? What were they thinking!?
I never even toticed the price, was mainly just looking for something to replace the 18-35mm lens that would give me a bit more quality and a few more options.

Just put a request in for the 24-105
Killz is offline  
post #638 of 1056 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
 
K R Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wales, Boyo!
Posts: 10,733
                     
Oooooooooph






“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
K R Y is offline  
post #639 of 1056 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 07:33 AM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,676
                     
Decided to grow back my hair and see how it turns out for me. I'm going to earn a shitload with virtually no living expenses in a few months so probably looking for a camera then.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Rauno is offline  
post #640 of 1056 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 12:17 PM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,676
                     
So work is happening right now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (95.3 KB, 49 views)

Rauno is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome