Trolls Beware!! - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 12:37 PM
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,450
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
I don't give a shit about some dead people's families.

Not saying tributes are inherently bad, but those whole public "My daughter/aunt/grammy died, pity me and tell me how great she was"...are absurd. Largely because the majority of people have never said two words to the dead person.

Now if you are going to make such a display amongst families and friends of the deceased like most sane people did before crazy times where people went to jail for saying mean things...that's fine and very healthy.

The funniest thing about this it's as if somehow seeing this dubious and off-the-cuff by a COMPLETE STRANGER incited some ridiculous frenzy on the other end....like seeing all of these strangers type "RIP " 100 times was making the person feel all warm and bubbly and all of a sudden she/he sees (She was a spoiled *****) and just spirals downward.

Yes, what an OUTRAGE, he maybe made you feel slightly worse about the death of a relative, he obviously is a detriment to society and needs to be place in a correctional facility, and by correctional facility, I mean locked up in jail instead of his house, and simply deny him access to social media(another absurd breach of liberties from ye ole England)...

Maybe he'll be corrected by being forced to socialize with people who steal and assault and batter and murder and vandalize...you know, the stuff people should ACTUALLY be going to jail for?



Oh and the WWE is pretty big in the UK, good thing they didn't do this one there!



Poor Randy would've been jailed right on the spot....you can't be saying mean things to people! Especially about dead people!
I kind of agree. I think such things are protected by free speech. But there is a grey area. When speech is dangerous is where it becomes criminal imo. A popular example would be to yell fire in a crowded theater and people get trampled to death. That would be a crime imo. Things like this where mean things are said and someone is so pathetic they can't deal with it and kill themselves.. I don't know about that. But naturally when I question such things I would automatically side with free speech.



If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 12:54 PM
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,988
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeberus View Post
I kind of agree. I think such things are protected by free speech. But there is a grey area. When speech is dangerous is where it becomes criminal imo. A popular example would be to yell fire in a crowded theater and people get trampled to death. That would be a crime imo. Things like this where mean things are said and someone is so pathetic they can't deal with it and kill themselves.. I don't know about that. But naturally when I question such things I would automatically side with free speech.
Unless I misread the article no one has even killed themselves over the things he said. He said things about people who are already dead. It does state that someone took a drug overdose after being blamed for his actions, but I doubt they died from the overdose, or it would have been mentioned. And additionally, that's an extra step removed, and if he's responsible for that, the people who blamed that person unfairly share some responsibility as well.

Everybody good, plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
HexRei is offline  
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Dexter Morgan
 
Intermission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,805
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
Unless I misread the article no one has even killed themselves over the things he said. He said things about people who are already dead. It does state that someone took a drug overdose after being blamed for his actions, but I doubt they died from the overdose, or it would have been mentioned. And additionally, that's an extra step removed, and if he's responsible for that, the people who blamed that person unfairly share some responsibility as well.
At the bottom of the article it said Natasha killed herself because of a formspring message. So yeah the guy is a ******* idiot.

Intermission is offline  
post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 01:43 PM
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,988
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
At the bottom of the article it said Natasha killed herself because of a formspring message. So yeah the guy is a ******* idiot.
I saw that, but the article is a little confusing at that point, they call it anonymous and never actually state that he was the one who sent it. The placement of the dad's quote kind of implies that he thinks it was him, but it doesn't say it outright, and that same quote placed earlier in the article would not give the same implication. He could very well have been referring only to the messages sent after her death.

Just trying not to jump to conclusions here, because driving someone to suicide and making fun of someone who committed suicide are two quite disparate tiers of egregiousness, imo.

I gotta wonder, who kills themself over one anonymous message anyway? What could it possibly have said? I think she must have had plenty of her own issues to do such a thing.

Everybody good, plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
HexRei is offline  
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 02:25 AM
Kneel Before Christ!
 
Roflcopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,024
                     
Clearly someone who is incapable of dealing with heckling from a random stranger, particularly one who is known to be mentally ill, is clearly borderline mentally ill themselves.

It is completely unreasonable to react in such a way that you'd actually claim anguish by someone's irresponsible facebook message.

Roflcopter is offline  
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 02:28 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,161
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
Clearly someone who is incapable of dealing with heckling from a random stranger, particularly one who is known to be mentally ill, is clearly borderline mentally ill themselves.

It is completely unreasonable to react in such a way that you'd actually claim anguish by someone's irresponsible facebook message.
this.


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 09:17 AM
-NOW YOU SLEEP-

 
_RIVAL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cal-State South Annex
Posts: 10,910
                     
Both sides of the spectrum can be reasonably argued here.

My stand point is that I like to see these kinds of keyboard warriors suffer...

He's in his mid twenties picking on dead teenagers familys and friends mocking their loss..

lol @ thinking he can just log off and go about his day. I'm glad they slammed his ass.


----> WWW.MMAFORUM.COM <----



_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI
_RIVAL_ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome