Another damn doomsday prediction - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 04:00 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
joshua7789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,322
                     
An ancient civilization did not have some greater insight into how the galaxy worked. If people really believe this kind of shit, they should slap on the ole tinfoil hat and dig a hole big enough for them to hide in until 2013 arrives. The mayans and whatever primitive ass stargazing tools they had did not tell them more then our modern day satellites and probes are telling us.
joshua7789 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Latvia
Posts: 3,758
                     
KS just ruined my sleep for 2 years.
Leed is offline  
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 04:08 PM
Middleweight
 
KillerShark1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,806
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua7789 View Post
An ancient civilization did not have some greater insight into how the galaxy worked. If people really believe this kind of shit, they should slap on the ole tinfoil hat and dig a hole big enough for them to hide in until 2013 arrives. The mayans and whatever primitive ass stargazing tools they had did not tell them more then our modern day satellites and probes are telling us.
depends how you look at it, maybe the the Mayans where not predicting the future but instead only charting there own star path, but the path they charted when creation there calender is a cycle which is on a repeat course to which we are now approaching the end of that cycle.

We will now come december next year if in fact Nibru does exist or not, which marks the end of the calender, it should be visible to us by then, what effect been so close to the tenth planet or planet X will have on the earth is anybodys guess but ether way come the end of next year we will know for sure.


KillerShark1985 is offline  
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
joshua7789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,322
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerShark1985 View Post
depends how you look at it, maybe the the Mayans where not predicting the future but instead only charting there own star path, but the path they charted when creation there calender is a cycle which is on a repeat course to which we are now approaching the end of that cycle.
People have the misconception that the end of this chart signifies the mayan prediction for the end of the world. Thats not accurate. My main point is that every doomsday prediction that has ever been imagined by man has been bullshit (obviously). If I was going to have to place a bet on who would have the best guess, it wouldnt be some primitive, extinct civilization that worshipped make believe gods and goddesses and sacrificed other people to appease these make believe buddies. People get worried about these doomsday predictions and dont actually do any research. The same people that seem to think nostradamus (probably the wrong selling) was some kind of prophet generally arent aware that the guy made a whole shit load of extremely vague predictions that are wide open for interpretation.
joshua7789 is offline  
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Middleweight
 
KillerShark1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,806
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua7789 View Post
People have the misconception that the end of this chart signifies the mayan prediction for the end of the world. Thats not accurate. My main point is that every doomsday prediction that has ever been imagined by man has been bullshit (obviously). If I was going to have to place a bet on who would have the best guess, it wouldnt be some primitive, extinct civilization that worshipped make believe gods and goddesses and sacrificed other people to appease these make believe buddies. People get worried about these doomsday predictions and dont actually do any research. The same people that seem to think nostradamus (probably the wrong selling) was some kind of prophet generally arent aware that the guy made a whole shit load of extremely vague predictions that are wide open for interpretation.
so what happen just over 3000 years ago then, do you believe in evolution during that time, that just 3000 years ago humans began to surge into global population for the very first time?

Just look at the planet mate, this planet has been hit time and time again, in fact if you take away the water the earth is just one big fuked up mess, the water hides a lot of it, but the earth is far from round. and other plants in our solar system have also had it just as bad, Mars for example had it so bad that evidence shows that it lost the ability to suuport life.

Its safe to say that some of those collisions wiped out populations before is it not, who is to say that it wont happen again, when in fact any astronomer will tell you that in fact chances are huge that it will happen again.


KillerShark1985 is offline  
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Bantamweight
 
H33LHooK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Where it's cold- very cold.
Posts: 691
                     
So to put it into perspective, this object will pass 25,000 miles closer to us than our moon?

I'm not sure if that makes me feel better, or worse.

.
H33LHooK is offline  
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
joshua7789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,322
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerShark1985 View Post
so what happen just over 3000 years ago then, do you believe in evolution during that time, that just 3000 years ago humans began to surge into global population for the very first time?

Just look at the planet mate, this planet has been hit time and time again, its safe to say that some of those collisions wiped out populations before is it not, who is to say that it wont happen again, when in fact any astronomer will tell you that in fact chances are huge that it will happen again.
Im not disputing the fact that it can happen, im saying that I dont think the Mayans (or anyone for that matter) could have possibly predicted when it will happen again.
joshua7789 is offline  
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
MMA Patriot
 
americanfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: louisville ky
Posts: 4,003
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerShark1985 View Post
depends how you look at it, maybe the the Mayans where not predicting the future but instead only charting there own star path, but the path they charted when creation there calender is a cycle which is on a repeat course to which we are now approaching the end of that cycle.

We will now come december next year if in fact Nibru does exist or not, which marks the end of the calender, it should be visible to us by then, what effect been so close to the tenth planet or planet X will have on the earth is anybodys guess but ether way come the end of next year we will know for sure.
And what is going to happen is someone is going to see the slightest thing in the sky and claim it is nibru and people are going to go nuts.

I fear December 2012 not because it may be the end of the world but because of the civil unrest that will result in the belief.

Also according to my first post the calendar ends tomorrow

"The fat man flies at midnight"
americanfighter is offline  
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 04:29 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
joshua7789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,322
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanfighter View Post
And what is going to happen is someone is going to see the slightest thing in the sky and claim it is nibru and people are going to go nuts.

I fear December 2012 not because it may be the end of the world but because of the civil unrest that will result in the belief.

Also according to my first post the calendar ends tomorrow
Thankfully, I still have three pallets of water and two tons of beef jerky left over in my basement from my Y2k rations.
joshua7789 is offline  
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Middleweight
 
KillerShark1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,806
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanfighter View Post
And what is going to happen is someone is going to see the slightest thing in the sky and claim it is nibru and people are going to go nuts.

I fear December 2012 not because it may be the end of the world but because of the civil unrest that will result in the belief.

Also according to my first post the calendar ends tomorrow
Again someone else who tried to give it an exact date taking concern away from the main issue been the time period between Oct 2011 and December 2012/

Welcomes to the danger zone we face between now and then, comet Elenin passed us by just days ago, now YU55 is approaching fast and will ether hit or not hit tomorrow, and the fun has only just begun, who knows what other dangers are going to be hit or miss during this legendary area of space we have now entered, we already have our next hit or miss event patched up for the 8th of November there coming hard and fast, dam at this rate we will be lucky to make it through the year never mind to the end of next,.

But what can anyone do about it, seriously you cant stop the path of the galaxy all you can do is sit back and enjoy the ride.


KillerShark1985 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome