I fought off a guy that had a knife. - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 07:50 AM
The Fun Police
 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 11,298
Blog Entries: 1
                     
can't believe you missed the oportunity to say 'that's not a knife, THIS is a knife" *Pulls out bigger knife*



Killz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by K R Y View Post
Getting stabbed is always going to be a possible outcome when buying drugs. Similar to sleeping with a hooker without a condom and getting an STI.

I've never valued a chemical over my life, so have stayed away from hard drugs. I assume it's hard drugs, as weed is so easy to get from random stoners in college that wouldn't stab a fly.

If you wanna do drugs, cool, no judgement from me. But I also don't sympathise when the outcome is rough.

Crazy story though, I bet the adrenaline high was better than whatever shit you were buying too
Yeah no sympathy needed. Doesnt change the fact that these people that rob others for drugs or money or w/e are nothing more but boxer stains on the planet. And tbh just because a guy buys drugs does not mean he deserves to be stabbed. I dont need or want sympathy but you bet your ass if i hear of someone i know getting stabbed over buying drugs, he will get my sympathy. I am not going to act as if he didnt bring it on himself but im also not going to act as if he deserves to get stabbed or something. Just my opinion. Not trying to change yours.

I know what the realities are with drug dealers and what not but still... its different when you actually experience it. Certainly a wake up call that im not invincible and i need to be more careful.

Honestly man... the adrenaline was mixed with so much fear for my life that i couldnt enjoy it at all haha. When i reached for his arm in my head i thought i would be dead if he gets the arm lose. I pushed his arm with the knife into his leg while simultaneously giving him my right shoulder and using my head to continuously head butt him. When he tried to escape and i had his leg and i pushed him out i even yelled at him haha "Thats right get the **** out". Which is when i got jabbed haha. I reached for the door with my eyes on him and the door was on auto lock so as soon as it closed i knew i was out of the woods. But somehow durring the scuffle my seat moved allll the way back so i wasnt able to drive off as fast as i would have liked to. Anyway... i kept my money my health and learned a lesson AND i feel like i proved something to myself. (Not that i ever want to do that again).

Anyway... im only telling the forum and my best friend what happened. It isnt a story i want getting out around my circle off friends. But i hope you guys can understand why i wanna get it off my chest.


Last edited by SideWays222; 12-07-2011 at 07:59 AM.
SideWays222 is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 08:09 AM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,644
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killstarz View Post
can't believe you missed the oportunity to say 'that's not a knife, THIS is a knife" *Pulls out bigger knife*
Pssshhh

Can't believe you missed the opportunity to say "You bring' a knife to a gunfight?" *Pulls out a gap"

Rauno is offline  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killstarz View Post
can't believe you missed the oportunity to say 'that's not a knife, THIS is a knife" *Pulls out bigger knife*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauno View Post
Pssshhh

Can't believe you missed the opportunity to say "You bring' a knife to a gunfight?" *Pulls out a gap"
What i should have told him.

"You strike me down now and i will become more powerful then you can possibly imagine".

Dang it. I wish i could go back in time.

SideWays222 is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 08:30 AM
 
K R Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wales, Boyo!
Posts: 10,703
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
Yeah no sympathy needed. Doesnt change the fact that these people that rob others for drugs or money or w/e are nothing more but boxer stains on the planet. And tbh just because a guy buys drugs does not mean he deserves to be stabbed. I dont need or want sympathy but you bet your ass if i hear of someone i know getting stabbed over buying drugs, he will get my sympathy. I am not going to act as if he didnt bring it on himself but im also not going to act as if he deserves to get stabbed or something. Just my opinion. Not trying to change yours.
.
Oh not at all, I don't feel a drug user deserves to be stabbed at all. I despise the dealers that act like the situation you described. I just also feel it's a known risk, and unfortunately it does happen.

If it happened to a close friend of mine (none of them do drugs, but a hypothetical situation) I'd be very sympathetic about it. But random stories (not aimed at you btw, just in general) about drug deals going wrong just make me shake me head. It happens so often that it's hard to feel bad for someone who probably knows there's a high chance of it happening, but chooses to do it anyway to put a dangerous chemical into their body.

But I 100% agree that it is in no way deserved. It may be naivity, stupidness, or just addiction as to why someone would put themselves in that situation, but they did put themselves into it. That doesn't mean I wouldn't take the victims side 10 times out of 10.






“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
K R Y is offline  
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 498
                     
How did he splatter your nose and bust your lip with a retreating jab?
beardsleybob is offline  
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 12:54 PM
The Fun Police
 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 11,298
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardsleybob View Post
How did he splatter your nose and bust your lip with a retreating jab?
You're right... he must be lying!!!!



Killz is offline  
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 01:13 PM
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,450
                     
Gotta be careful buying from people you don't know. Last time I bought I went with my friend to his friends. But it was just a bit of weed. I dont imagine getting shanked over a bit of pot. I tend to ccw most places anyways, but thats not to say a guy who has the drop on you with a knife won't easily kill you with or without a gun.



Glad you didnt get shanked



If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline  
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardsleybob View Post
How did he splatter your nose and bust your lip with a retreating jab?
He threw a punch.... it was as simple as that. It hit the left side of my nose and the left side of my lip. My nose was bleeding but isnt swollen, my lip is swollen.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Killstarz View Post
You're right... he must be lying!!!!
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeberus View Post
Gotta be careful buying from people you don't know. Last time I bought I went with my friend to his friends. But it was just a bit of weed. I dont imagine getting shanked over a bit of pot. I tend to ccw most places anyways, but thats not to say a guy who has the drop on you with a knife won't easily kill you with or without a gun.



Glad you didnt get shanked
Yeah i am pretty glad myself i didnt get stabbed. And yeah i knew any second even if i gave him the money i could end up and the wrong end of that knife. It wasnt pretty but i managed to get out of there with out any holes. I put a line in the win column.

SideWays222 is offline  
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 04:28 PM
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,898
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Glad you are alright bud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K R Y View Post
Getting stabbed is always going to be a possible outcome when buying drugs. Similar to sleeping with a hooker without a condom and getting an STI.

I've never valued a chemical over my life, so have stayed away from hard drugs. I assume it's hard drugs, as weed is so easy to get from random stoners in college that wouldn't stab a fly.

If you wanna do drugs, cool, no judgement from me. But I also don't sympathise when the outcome is rough.

Crazy story though, I bet the adrenaline high was better than whatever shit you were buying too
I am not down with STD's but if I could get an STI I would totally be down with it.



-Always Supporting-
Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Demian Maia - Miesha Tate - Claudia Gadelha - Jessica Eye - Tecia Torres

Come watch me make a fool of myself on YouTube
HitOrGetHit is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome