Dana White Talks UFC on FOX 2, Website Hack,SOPA, Sonnenís Fake Belt - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 02:54 AM
Bantamweight
 
ESPADA9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Temecula, California
Posts: 925
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
You want a guy to DIE because he released Dana's information?
No one is going to "die" the real world isnt a Hollywood movie, a LEGITIMATE business isnt going to MURDER some stupid kid for publishing information.

In the real world even if you mess with a company that has organized crime ties they'll use LEGAL pressure to make you wish you were dead, no one is going to risk everything to kill some stupid kid.

Now if you mess with say one of the private banking cartels (IMF, Federal Reserve) or the wrong government agency who knows.

Dana has taken the wrong side on this one and he's going to have to backtrack to save face and fans.
ESPADA9 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 02:58 AM
Dexter Morgan
 
Intermission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,805
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPADA9 View Post
No one is going to "die" the real world isnt a Hollywood movie, a LEGITIMATE business isnt going to MURDER some stupid kid for publishing information.

In the real world even if you mess with a company that has organized crime ties they'll use LEGAL pressure to make you wish you were dead, no one is going to risk everything to kill some stupid kid.

Now if you mess with say one of the private banking cartels (IMF, Federal Reserve) or the wrong government agency who knows.

Dana has taken the wrong side on this one and he's going to have to backtrack to save face and fans.
Haha, I know the UFC won't kill him. If you go back and read, Roflcopter said he wants him to die, so that was my response.

Intermission is offline  
post #33 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 04:13 AM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,616
                     
@ "you cant stop the internet"

Are you guys tripping? Do you think the internet reaches your house via magical airwaves that nobody can control? No. No. No. All of your internet use depends 100% on large telecommunications companies to either wire your home or via their satellites. How exactly is that something that "cant be controlled". Without their services NOBODY can get internet. Not you, me or the best hackers in the world. At the end of the day, Ive never come across a hack-group with their own worldwide telecommunications... have you? They depend on a system that already exists and is owned entirely by large corporations who currently *allow* this shit to go on.

The only reason all this hacking and criminality is allowed right now is to give big brother the ammo to convince people that the internet needs changing... and its working.
Soojooko is offline  
post #34 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 04:41 AM
Lightweight
 
MikeHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,883
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
@ "you cant stop the internet"

Are you guys tripping? Do you think the internet reaches your house via magical airwaves that nobody can control? No. No. No. All of your internet use depends 100% on large telecommunications companies to either wire your home or via their satellites. How exactly is that something that "cant be controlled". Without their services NOBODY can get internet. Not you, me or the best hackers in the world. At the end of the day, Ive never come across a hack-group with their own worldwide telecommunications... have you? They depend on a system that already exists and is owned entirely by large corporations who currently *allow* this shit to go on.

The only reason all this hacking and criminality is allowed right now is to give big brother the ammo to convince people that the internet needs changing... and its working.
The reason you can't stop the internet is because you can't shut it down. It would be like the apocalypse if the US turned off internet communications. You can get rid of illegal material but it will continue to pop up. The only real option they have is going after individuals and small companies who post the material. That's not very effective.

Sure, they can take the route of communists and block whatever they don't see fit. But, there's ways around that and the backlash from the public would be enormous. It's not "unstoppable" but it's a beast.
MikeHawk is offline  
post #35 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 04:51 AM
Bantamweight
 
Atilak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 501
                     
Yes you can stop internet, just unplug it. You dont know how internet looks like?


Anyway basicly what Soojooko said. But its more complicated.
They definitely can easily block internet in USA for most people. There is always some ways around but not for regular people.

Fact is that goverment can do a lot of things. Its not that easy to do revolution nowdays like they did back in France in 18th century.
You have your "rights" because they allow it and found that its effective to do it this way. Ignorance is bliss

"Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result." - Tien T'ai
Atilak is offline  
post #36 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 05:47 AM
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,328
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
Yes. I'm a firm believer in karma.


If someone thinks it's appropriate to release the private information of a man and his wife and kids to millions and millions of people in a "targeting campaign", it's reasonable to think that man perhaps at the very least will be practicing his alibi.


Furthermore, these guys are spineless. There's no honor and glory in fighting the evil government and corporations by leaking their information. You want to be a real hero, form a militia like they did in the old days. Grow a spine instead of hiding behind your firewalls eating pop-tarts and jerking off to your illegally downloaded pornography that you are fighting so ardently to protect.
If you think someone needs to die for releasing some information, you have zero idea of Karma or the concept of justice.

If you think one person forming a militia has any chance against the entire military or police, you're blind. They will be categorized as terrorists or lunatics after the first shot they fire and then tortured in Guantanamo for life. And people like you will cheer at their FOX/CNN fake news while they demonize these domestic terrorists.

Which the government and ARMY can now legally do, without warrant, to any American citizen. While zombies like you were busy watching your superbowl and defending their poor downtrodden execs rights to ban the internet, our president signed into law this wonderful "change" he promised in the form of the NDA act.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...scal_Year_2012

But no, let's let SOPA pass too, then we can't even communicate if we ever do need to resist. Heck, why don't YOU get off your ass and do something. Wait that's too hard, let's hide behind your view of Karma that condones murder for resisting thugs that are out to steal our rights under false pretenses. So much honor and glory in that, you truly are a warrior out of legend.

It's not about free porn, it's about the US becoming China or North Korea and censoring and brutally suppressing what people can discuss and communicate. If you spend a day in that country, you'll realize what fear tastes like.

Maybe then you'll appreciate what people all over the internet are worried about. Without the internet to organize secretly in mass numbers against any possible tyranny, your glorious militia don't stand a snowballs chance in hell.
Liddellianenko is offline  
post #37 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 06:10 AM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,616
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHawk View Post
The reason you can't stop the internet is because you can't shut it down. It would be like the apocalypse if the US turned off internet communications. You can get rid of illegal material but it will continue to pop up. The only real option they have is going after individuals and small companies who post the material. That's not very effective.

Sure, they can take the route of communists and block whatever they don't see fit. But, there's ways around that and the backlash from the public would be enormous. It's not "unstoppable" but it's a beast.
I'm not saying they can completely kill anything. But they have far more "control" then they are currently using. Trust me on this one. They could easily push piracy right back underground if they wanted to. At the moment, its completely rife. Absolutely anybody can get anything easily using nothing more than google. The wankers in charge leave it like that to make a point. So they can say shit like "We lose X billion dollars a week due to piracy". When the numbers become absurd enough, they can start to pass laws that impose on our civil liberties.

Let me make it more personal. I used to torrent shit all the time. Then I got a single threatening email from my ISP. That was enough to make me stop completely. See how easy it was? I would bet 99.9% of people who pirate stuff would stop instantly when they start getting charges against them.

I dont mind piracy. But it belongs underground, not right there for everybody to access with very little effort.
Soojooko is offline  
post #38 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 06:24 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
joshua7789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,322
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
I'm not saying they can completely kill anything. But they have far more "control" then they are currently using. Trust me on this one. They could easily push piracy right back underground is they wanted to. At the moment, its completely rife. Absolutely anybody can get anything easily using nothing more than google. The wankers in charge leave it like that to make a point. So they can say shit like "We lose X billion dollars a week due to piracy". When the numbers become absurd enough, they can start to pass laws that impose on our civil liberties.

Let me make it more personal. I used to torrent shit all the time. Then I got a single threatening email from my ISP. That was enough to make me stop completely. See how easy it was? I would bet 99.9% of people who pirate stuff would stop instantly when they start getting charges against them.

I dont mind piracy. But it belongs underground, not right there for everybody to access with very little effort.
I disagree with piracy. Piracy is just a different word for stealing, regarless of how you look at it. You can find some sympathy for people who steal in order to survive, but stealing from people because you think they charge to much for a certain service is stupid. If you disagree with the way they do things, find a different form of entertainment. Disagreeing with a companies business model does not give you the right to steal.
joshua7789 is offline  
post #39 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 06:36 AM
Colossal-weight
 
John8204's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8,545
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
@ "you cant stop the internet"

Are you guys tripping? Do you think the internet reaches your house via magical airwaves that nobody can control? No. No. No. All of your internet use depends 100% on large telecommunications companies to either wire your home or via their satellites. How exactly is that something that "cant be controlled". Without their services NOBODY can get internet. Not you, me or the best hackers in the world. At the end of the day, Ive never come across a hack-group with their own worldwide telecommunications... have you? They depend on a system that already exists and is owned entirely by large corporations who currently *allow* this shit to go on.

The only reason all this hacking and criminality is allowed right now is to give big brother the ammo to convince people that the internet needs changing... and its working.
Yeah that's kind of logically faulty. See the problem is those companies the government could shut down or limit or control they can't cause of this thing called voters, economy, the law. Generally speaking the government isn't in the business of taking away all of those jobs and emboldening the public to vote them out. You also layoff all those people that has a trickle down effect on the economy. Finally the big concern is that while the US government can govern the USA the internet is world wide and any SOPA action would lead to most people to switch from legitimate internet activity to foreign internet bypasses which could piggyback viruses and worms that could undermine the security of the USA.
John8204 is offline  
post #40 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 06:48 AM
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,328
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua7789 View Post
I disagree with piracy. Piracy is just a different word for stealing, regarless of how you look at it. You can find some sympathy for people who steal in order to survive, but stealing from people because you think they charge to much for a certain service is stupid. If you disagree with the way they do things, find a different form of entertainment. Disagreeing with a companies business model does not give you the right to steal.
SOPA is not about stopping piracy, it is about giving the govt the right to ban/block any website content on the internet without so much as a warrant. It will open the pandora's box of every ISP adhering to govt. filtering. Piracy is just the excuse.

It's like cutting off an arm because the nail is infected.
Liddellianenko is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome