Dana White Talks UFC on FOX 2, Website Hack,SOPA, Sonnenís Fake Belt - Page 6 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply

Old 01-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #51 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Latvia
Posts: 2,901
Leed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmdM View Post
I don't understand what's the big issue with pirating.
If i'm not downloading it, i'm not gonna buy it anyway,
so the argument that these company's are losing billions of dollars it's BS iyam.
I actually agree with this. I'll even go as far as saying that some even benifit from piracy.
I still go to school and I have pretty much no income for now what so ever, so I can safely say I will definitely not buy 99% of the stuff I download. But what I can tell you is that whenever I find a good musician, a video game or whatever and I really enjoy it... I buy it afterwards almost every time. And I know many people who do exactly the same.
Leed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #52 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Atilak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 396
Atilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leed View Post
I actually agree with this. I'll even go as far as saying that some even benifit from piracy.
I still go to school and I have pretty much no income for now what so ever, so I can safely say I will definitely not buy 99% of the stuff I download. But what I can tell you is that whenever I find a good musician, a video game or whatever and I really enjoy it... I buy it afterwards almost every time. And I know many people who do exactly the same.
Im sure you are using that amazing software called photoshop. And you honor the company Adobe and bought that after you found out for free how good it is
__________________
"Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result." - Tien T'ai
Atilak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:51 AM   #53 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Latvia
Posts: 2,901
Leed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilak View Post
Im sure you are using that amazing software called photoshop. And you honor the company Adobe and bought that after you found out for free how good it is
I'm not, but I have a legal copy of Adobe Elements on my PC, so nice try.
Leed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #54 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilak View Post
I kinda thought that you were kinda joking and wanna make fun of it.

I understand that. In fact I understand your points about porn very well Muted porn is sin!

But I have feelins for the poor guys and girls that make living by ******* in front of camera. They have sad lives. So we should be generous and pay for their hard work.

And ftr not the case of 130pound kid here. Dont worry
Porn is no laughing matter.... I once went a month without jerking off. I woke up with a huge white goo stain on my boxers. (First time i ever white gooed while sleeping). It was actually a huge pain in the ass to clean up and not to mention it was a very uncomfortable way to wake up. I then realized how important it is to clean the pipes. Without porn who knows how many boxers,blankets,sheets id have to clean in the morning. Yikes... a world without porn... i wonder if it would have a direct correlation to the crime rate lmao.

Haha i can definitely see myself telling my kids "Back in my day Porn was everywhere.!! We didnt have none of this 29.99$ dollar DVD where the genital parts are blurred out. Only Chinese porn had that.!! I have seen over a thousand pairs of tits. Those were the good days"

I always wonder if pornstars feel good about being pornstars. I mean.. you basically have to abandon your family. It would be very awkward to have a family dinner with your dad probably coming across you getting white goo'd all over your face on the internet. I just dont see how its possible to have that white picket fence average joe life if you are a pornstar.

I Do know one of my good friends Jacobs partook in a porno over in San Francisco. He was along side 1 other male star and the guy was a young guy i see pretty often in videos. The girl was pretty damn hot too. I only saw the trailer for it but you see him in the background holding a pool stick. I guess it was him and the other dude and the chick from what i understood. I didnt ask too many questions... But for whatever reason they let him go after that one video.

Anyway.. i am off to bed. Good night sir.
__________________
SideWays222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #55 (permalink)
The Bearded One
 
AmdM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lisbon - Portugal
Posts: 3,823
AmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilak View Post
Ok so you are saying that if no piracy exists you would not buy any software,music,movies,games etc.?

I dont believe that.
Software, i can get along just fine with freeware.
Music, i don't really care for music, radio is more than enough for me.
Games. I don't have time (or patience) for that.
So yeah, the only way i would spend more money is in the video club, since i don't rent a movie in ages cause i get them in the web.
__________________
Lyoto Machida, former UFC LHW hamp
Future UFC MW Champ
Benavidez, Barao, Aldo, Nate, Nick, Lyoto, TBD, JDS
Forever hanging in Anderson Silva nuts
AmdM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #56 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Atilak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 396
Atilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leed View Post
I'm not, but I have a legal copy of Adobe Elements on my PC, so nice try.
Props to you

I dont know anyone who has photoshop legally except people that need it for work and make a living by using it.

I will try to explain it what is wrong with piracy. I used photoshop as the best example I knew. Its price is very high and Im convinced that if all people will be forced to buy it (no piracy) price will go down very hard.

What is wrong with piracy is that you are just stealing. Someone make an effort, put energy in something and you get it for free. That is just wrong.

But its just human nature. We go the way with less resistence. Why I would buy it when I can have it for free. When you dont have that option you will have to adapt to the situation.

In fact that you are buying some stuff after you have it free just to give a money to author. That is kinda honest and rare. Anyway you will buy for a lot more things when you dont have other option.
__________________
"Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result." - Tien T'ai
Atilak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:08 AM   #57 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Atilak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 396
Atilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
Porn is no laughing matter.... I once went a month without jerking off. I woke up with a huge white goo stain on my boxers. (First time i ever white gooed while sleeping). It was actually a huge pain in the ass to clean up and not to mention it was a very uncomfortable way to wake up. I then realized how important it is to clean the pipes. Without porn who knows how many boxers,blankets,sheets id have to clean in the morning. Yikes... a world without porn... i wonder if it would have a direct correlation to the crime rate lmao.

Haha i can definitely see myself telling my kids "Back in my day Porn was everywhere.!! We didnt have none of this 29.99$ dollar DVD where the genital parts are blurred out. Only Chinese porn had that.!! I have seen over a thousand pairs of tits. Those were the good days"

I always wonder if pornstars feel good about being pornstars. I mean.. you basically have to abandon your family. It would be very awkward to have a family dinner with your dad probably coming across you getting white goo'd all over your face on the internet. I just dont see how its possible to have that white picket fence average joe life if you are a pornstar.

I Do know one of my good friends Jacobs partook in a porno over in San Francisco. He was along side 1 other male star and the guy was a young guy i see pretty often in videos. The girl was pretty damn hot too. I only saw the trailer for it but you see him in the background holding a pool stick. I guess it was him and the other dude and the chick from what i understood. I didnt ask too many questions... But for whatever reason they let him go after that one video.

Anyway.. i am off to bed. Good night sir.
Interesting stories man. Nice look to Sideways jerking privacy

Sad part of world you live in. Here is 3pm Im at the work. But ok, good night
__________________
"Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result." - Tien T'ai
Atilak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #58 (permalink)
....Omar Comin'
 
El Bresko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 4,797
El Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilak View Post
Props to you

I dont know anyone who has photoshop legally except people that need it for work and make a living by using it.

I will try to explain it what is wrong with piracy. I used photoshop as the best example I knew. Its price is very high and Im convinced that if all people will be forced to buy it (no piracy) price will go down very hard.

What is wrong with piracy is that you are just stealing. Someone make an effort, put energy in something and you get it for free. That is just wrong.

But its just human nature. We go the way with less resistence. Why I would buy it when I can have it for free. When you dont have that option you will have to adapt to the situation.

In fact that you are buying some stuff after you have it free just to give a money to author. That is kinda honest and rare. Anyway you will buy for a lot more things when you dont have other option.
I think piracy helps touring artists a lot, it's the easiest way to get your product to the masses and let it be heard, comedians.. who the hell buys comedy dvds? I'm very into music and I wouldn't know jack shit if i didn't have the ability to download things so freely. I didn't hear about Pharoahe Monch listening to the radio or watching MTV, you know?? And when good artists like him tour the globe I can guarantee you i'll always fork out the cash to see them live.
__________________






El Bresko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #59 (permalink)
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,300
Liddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
lol sensationalism.


Oh no! People are trying to stop theft! How terrible!


And yes, let's pretend someone released all your wife and kids personal information...their numbers, SSNs, address...and released it to millions of people, some of which are guaranteed to be lunatics, I'm sure you would be ok with that.
I wouldn't be okay with it, but if you think I would pay some hitman to murder the kid and throw him in a dumpster with cheetos in his mouth, you have another thing coming. As if goons would even be able to trace the guy if police can't, what're they oracles?

At most I would take every legal action possible. At worst, I wouldn't have been an egotistical douchebag, that dared half the world to do their worst against me, to begin with. And Dana cares for his wife, first thing he needs to do is stop cheating on her.

SOPA is not about stopping theft or piracy. Read the bill before you cheer along to your own enslavement. It doesn't require proof, warrants, nothing. Someone doesn't like a website, they make a complaint based on any ridiculous copyright claim (which could be as stupid as the someone saying a catchphrase on your site), it's shut down or censored. That's it. It's as unconstitutional a law as they come.

Not to mention the slippery slope. Once you force every ISP to introduce content blocking, then it's a pandora's box. There is absolutely nothing to stop the govt from censoring whatever it chooses under some flimsy pretext or the other.
Liddellianenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #60 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Atilak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 396
Atilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level nowAtilak is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBRESK View Post
I think piracy helps touring artists a lot, it's the easiest way to get your product to the masses and let it be heard, comedians.. who the hell buys comedy dvds? I'm very into music and I wouldn't know jack shit if i didn't have the ability to download things so freely. I didn't hear about Pharoahe Monch listening to the radio or watching MTV, you know?? And when good artists like him tour the globe I can guarantee you i'll always fork out the cash to see them live.
Who said that everything will be for money? Artist will be free to spread their stuff free. It will work better in enviroment withou piracy.

So I dont agree.

I do watch and use almost everything without paying and I have no problem with it. But I understand what Im doing and if it will have some consequences I will have to accept them. Not bitching about it.

Maybe if people will not have free access to everything they will spend their money and some free time better. Who knows.
__________________
"Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result." - Tien T'ai
Atilak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios