MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/forumindex.php)
- MMA Forum News And Announcements (http://www.mmaforum.com/mma-forum-news-announcements/)
- - MMAF Official Blog: LizaG -WMMA Roundup June '13 (http://www.mmaforum.com/mma-forum-news-announcements/131657-mmaf-official-blog-lizag-wmma-roundup-june-13-a.html)
MMAF Official Blog: LizaG -WMMA Roundup
This may be a relatively short Blog compared to my last effort.
My enthusiasm for MMA is just waining ever so slightly, and also in terms of WMMA there isn't quite as much activity as there was in April/May time, still some great fights. Rosi Sexton, Alexis Davis, Jessica Eye all seeing action this month, as well as a STACKED Invicta FC Card.
Lets get started :)
Jessica Eye vs Carina Damm: June 1st
My brief pick is a submission win for Eye.
Damm is a tough, durable veteran of the sport that has had a chequered record in recent years, winning only twice in the last three years. Losses to some elite WMMA talent, but Eye is breaking into the 'Elite' category herself, and will prove too much for Damm.
Alexis Davis vs Rosi Sexton- UFC 161- June 15th:
I'm torn on the Alexid Davis vs Rosi Sexton fight. Rosi Sexton I put up on a pedestal. She's got some great fights and awesome wins under her belt...but these have all taken place at 125lbs. I believe she's only gone up to 135lbs once and that was a losing effort to Gina Carano.
Alexis Davis's record consists of victories over Tonya Evinger (x2), Julie Kedzie, Amanda Nunes, Hitomi Akano and Shayna Baszler to name few. A solid long-standing fighter in the 135lbs division with an awesome groundgame.
Sexton will not only be coming up in weight for the first time in a long time, she will also be giving up a slight 2-inch height advantage to Davis.
My pick? It's heartbreaking: Alexis Davis Decision, or late stoppage.
Invicta 6 on July 13th, my picks in Bold:
- Marloes “Rumina” Coenen vs Cristiane “Cyborg” Justino [Invicta FC Featherweight Championship]
- Claudia “Claudinha” Gadelha vs Ayaka Hamasaki
- Sarah “The Monster” D’Alelio vs Lauren Taylor
- Leslie “The Peacemaker” Smith vs Jennifer Maia
- Jessica Penne vs Nicdali “The Night Queen” Rivera-Calanoc
- Joanne “JoJo” Calderwood vs TBA
- Ediane “India” Gomes vs Julia “The Jewel” Budd
- Bec “Rowdy” Hyatt vs Mizuki Inoue
- “The Queen of Mean” Miriam Nakamoto vs “Diamond” Duda Yankovich
- “Thug” Rose Namajunas vs Tecia “The Tiny Tornado” Torres
- Ashley “Smashley” Cummins vs Emily Kagan
- “Miss” Mollie Estes vs Veronica “The Heartbreaker” Rothenhausler
- Cassie “The Hulk” Robb vs Livia “T-Rex” von Plettenberg
A very hard card to predict, in terms of the Main Event, Coenen should never be ruled out of any fight, but it's no knock on Coenen that I pick Cyborg. We are just used to seeing Justino dominate on such a devastating level that we all assume it will continue.
Tecia Torres vs Rose Namajunas is the hardest fight for me to predict and one I will most be looking forward to, Torres gets my nod as I feel she's the more well-rounded fighter. Rose comes in fast and sharp, but the next two rounds I expect Torres to turn the tides and wear Namajunas down to a decision victory.
My other picks? we only need to see their previous form to know how their fights will play out, Penne and Hyatt are stars, lets face it. They carry the rest of the card along very nicely.
This is an event not to be missed!
That's our major upcoming WMMA action, I could Blog on about Tate joining TUF18, and the rumoured Cast for this season, but that is a whole other Blog my friends!
Peace out Brehs!
Jessica Eye Outpoints Carina Damm At Fight Night In The Flats 9
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:00 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.7 , Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.