MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   MMA Newbie Section (http://www.mmaforum.com/mma-newbie-section/)
-   -   I have a question. Whats a better way to win a fight? (http://www.mmaforum.com/mma-newbie-section/73020-i-have-question-whats-better-way-win-fight.html)

CharlieZ 03-11-2010 12:05 AM

I have a question. Whats a better way to win a fight?
 
ok im a striker boxer but Im learning Jiu jitsu now and working On take downs and I actually got some pretty fast take down skills... So when i do fight.. how should I come Out .. see i like to rush thats the way i fight i rush... So what would be better if I just came out throwing Bombs at my opponent or rushed Him and go for his legs and sweep him off his feet and then bamm GNP... ground and Pound which strategy is better and why???? coming out boxing in an MMa fight? Or just come out and go for the take down and then the GNP??? what would be better? appreciate the advice?

xeberus 03-11-2010 12:10 AM

I've been in boxing or kickboxing for 12 years. I'd want to keep it standing, I'd say I'm probably going to be the better striker than anyone I'd fight.

But I wouldn't rush either, thats how you get taken down or caught before you find your rhythm.

CharlieZ 03-11-2010 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeberus (Post 1132436)
I've been in boxing or kickboxing for 12 years. I'd want to keep it standing, I'd say I'm probably going to be the better striker than anyone I'd fight.

But I wouldn't rush either, thats how you get taken down or caught before you find your rhythm.

well Im a Boxer too But i am studying jiu jitsu... I thought if I keep it stand Up and rely to land a big Bomb and win by KO yea i can do that but im taking a chance if I miss then ill get taken down so might as well take them down and try to gnp them its alot easier if I go for the early take down and just sweep them off and ground and Pound them. shit thats what they teach me in jiu jitsu ... if U wanna end a fight quicker thats the way to go i think dont u agree?

xeberus 03-11-2010 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieZ (Post 1132438)
well Im a Boxer too But i am studying jiu jitsu... I thought if I keep it stand Up and rely to land a big Bomb and win by KO yea i can do that but im taking a chance if I miss then ill get taken down so might as well take them down and try to gnp them its alot easier if I go for the early take down and just sweep them off and ground and Pound them. shit thats what they teach me in jiu jitsu ... if U wanna end a fight quicker thats the way to go i think dont u agree?

Not for me. That takes a lot of time and early in a fight guys are going to be a lot harder to take down. When I was in jiu jitsu taller guys had a hell of a time taking me down. But when I start getting tired it gets easier and easier, if I ever went for the take down it would be later in the fight when I'm/they're tired and I'm looking for a break and an easy take down.

Of course a good wrestler/bjj guy would probably kick my ass in a sanctioned fight.

I've been in a few fights and most ended in less than a minute. Hands with speed are killers.

CharlieZ 03-11-2010 12:42 AM

idk i gotta ask my trainer i guess.. look Im a Boxer i rather strike But this is MMa alot of shit goes to the ground. im sure when i master BJJ I will be able to take down my opponent right away and just GNP thier ass.... if I go out throwing Bombs like i did when I boxed i can get taken down if I miss... its easier to take someone down then to land flush On them with a punch. once u sweep them bamm the fights Yours...

alizio 03-11-2010 02:14 AM

best way to win would be straight up body boxing. dont be cheap and use head shots thats for chumps.

work that kidney, spleen, get him on the ground and use the chin to the eye submission or a **** choke.

CharlieZ 03-11-2010 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alizio (Post 1132475)
best way to win would be straight up body boxing. dont be cheap and use head shots thats for chumps.

work that kidney, spleen, get him on the ground and use the chin to the eye submission or a **** choke.

Oh STFU

Taiyounoryu 03-14-2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieZ (Post 1132749)
Oh STFU

Look man. Personally I think you should just go with your strength from the start. But over all listen to your coach, they can see what you can't. Know what I mean?

Also I remember one of your Youtube videos. You really need to work on your kicks man, they didn't look to good. One more thing too, don't get over confident about your skill.

moe1428 04-04-2010 09:13 PM

Like Tai was saying, I'd vote for whatever your strengths are. Sounds like boxing to me...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2