Is Cro Cop The Most Overrated Fighter In MMA At The Moment? - Page 8 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
MMA Smacktalk MMA Smacktalk is for all the cheering, jeering, and smack-talking that you want. This is the stuff that isn't appropriate for the MMA Discussion forum. Rules are light, so if you don't have a sense of humor, then don't go here!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 109 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 10:34 PM
Administrator
 
ruban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 599
             
Quote:
Originally Posted by js9234
I am just saying he's defeatable by Pride or UFC Fighters. It just seems Pride fans think he's undefeatable and no one in the UFC can touch him(because in their ignorance they think UFC Fighters are below them for some stupid reason) and I don't believe anyone is undefeatable. He's a great fighter and not arguing that, just saying he isn't an undefeatable guy that will walk through everyone in the UFC and I give Randy a very good chance if CC gets past Gonzaga. I do like watching him fight in Pride or UFC.
Hey nothing wrong with what you said there. There are people who tend to promote Cro Cop's skill overzealously (such as being untouchable.) Mirko is definitely beatable, albeit tougher to do so than your usual foe.


But overrated, would be someone who hasn't proved himself yet remains praised at a level where he should not be at. imo, Mirko is not this type of fighter.


Last edited by ruban; 04-16-2007 at 10:38 PM.
ruban is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #72 of 109 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 10:48 PM
Lightweight
 
attention's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 1,973
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruban
Hey nothing wrong with what you said there. There are people who tend to promote Cro Cop's skill overzealously (such as being untouchable.) Mirko is definitely beatable, albeit tougher to do so than your usual foe.


But overrated, would be someone who hasn't proved himself yet remains praised at a level where he should not be at. imo, Mirko is not this type of fighter.
agreed.

CC can get KTFO...Heck, even Eddie stood a chance to take out CC... but it was a very remote chance
attention is offline  
post #73 of 109 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 11:01 PM
Featherweight
 
js9234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Currently stationed in Abilene, TX
Posts: 1,170
                     
I know he got beat in Pride but Pride thinks Fedor is the only one who can touch him. I also did notice UFC hyping him up that way too. Didn't really like that. Let him beat people in the cage and let us see what he can do for ourselves instead of telling us what he can do.(UFC's fault for that part too) I also think a lot of UFC fans were expecting way too much because of the way the UFC was hyping this guy up from Pride and he hasn't fought in the UFC yet, that I know of. I mean before his UFC debut last month. I am definitely looking forward to see how adapts to the cage and different rules. He will be a force to be reckoned with for sure, not denying that at all.
js9234 is offline  
post #74 of 109 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 12:26 AM
Flyweight
 
scepticILL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 402
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Phoenix
It's been well documented on this forum that in my opinion Ken Shamrock is the most overrated fighter of all time.. but what is it about this Cro Cop guy that makes him so great?

Sure he has pretty good KO power.. but there's more to MMA then how hard you can kick someone in the head. I'v studied tapes of his fights from Pride over the years and there's no way he's gonna be able to dominate the superior fighters of the UFC the way he did in Japan. His ground game is terrible, and from what i'v seen he has a terrible chin too. Even the first fighter he fought in the UFC said his kicks didnt hurt as bad as they make them out to be.. i guaruntee you he wouldnt be able to last a round if he got thrown into the octagon with Chuck. If he fights Randy, he'll get submitted in 2 rounds. You can quote me on that too.
I'll tell you what makes him so great...

It is unbelievably hard to actually hit him. The guy has almost feline like reaction rate. His ability to get out of a "sticky situation" is amazing. Go look at the strongest opponents that have versed him in recent years (Fedor is an exception) and see how much luck they've had actually getting a fist to his face.

His striking is amazing. So many of his fights end after only a few punches.

His take down defense is great.

His kicking game we all know is great.

The guy fights just like a cat. Very inquisitive, goes in takes risk, but when he gets in trouble (ie in the corner getting punched at) he has an amazing way of finding his way out of it without getting hit. This guy is so amazingly fast.

And he's improved soo much in the last couple of years.

No chance Cro Cop is overrated by most mma-heads.

But I do agree with you, he'll find the cage much harder to deal with than the ring. It will be a real disadvantage to him. If the Eddie fight was in a ring he would've been out in under 2 minutes, trust.

The cage is one of the stupidest inventions in my opinion... Annoying shit.
scepticILL is offline  
post #75 of 109 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 12:31 AM
Featherweight
 
js9234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Currently stationed in Abilene, TX
Posts: 1,170
                     
I would think fighters would prefer the cage over a ring. You can use the cage when you get your opponent against it and smash his face. I haven't watched enough Pride fights YET to see the advantages of a ring over a cage.
js9234 is offline  
post #76 of 109 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 12:40 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 81
 
Hes not overated hes prooved him self time and time again. Ko after Ko so what if his ground game isnt the best if he just used what chuck uses that amazing takedowns defense he can beat anyone. Oh and i also dont think Shamrock is overrated. hes had some tuf times towards the end of his career but it happens to everyone some just lose it later like couture at 43 hes still got it. Shamrock in his prime could go the distance with tito and maybe even beat him. Yes i also believe cro cop would go down to liddell in the first if he puts his hands down when he kicks like normal he will get caught most likely in the first round.
snook_crook is offline  
post #77 of 109 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 02:48 AM
Flyweight
 
BigRandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 349
                     
First.. As long as your not calling me names, no offense is ever taken...

Number 1, this is not a thread about Randy Couture and suggesting that counting Randy's collage wrestling losses is that same as counting Mirko's k1 record is the same thing is what is rediculous. K1 is professional fighting collage wrestling isn't. My point was/is, If he is such a great kickboxer then why shouldn't we look at his kickboxing record to see how good he really is? What is everyone basing their opinions on his kickboxing on if it isn't his kickboxing record. I gave him credit for his wins 17-8, but I was using it to show that I did think he was a tad overrated.

But you want to draw comparisons between Couture and Cro Cop and saying couture has 8 mma loses and mirko only has 4, ok lets. Randy Couture is a 5 time MMA Champion. The only man to hold the title in 2 different weight classes. Mirko has held how many titles??? ummmm 0 Yes, after 5 years of trying he finally won 1 pride gran prix, but he ain't never been a champion.

But to the question at hand, is Cro Cop the most overrated fighter in MMA, no, that's Ken Shamrock's place. But yes, Cro Cop is a little overrated. Im not saying he's not a great fighter, Im saying he's a little overratted.

If Your Gonna Rep Me, Good or Bad, Be a Man and Sign It.....
BigRandy is offline  
post #78 of 109 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 04:39 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Simon Phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 222
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scepticILL
I'll tell you what makes him so great...

It is unbelievably hard to actually hit him. The guy has almost feline like reaction rate. His ability to get out of a "sticky situation" is amazing. Go look at the strongest opponents that have versed him in recent years (Fedor is an exception) and see how much luck they've had actually getting a fist to his face.

His striking is amazing. So many of his fights end after only a few punches.

His take down defense is great.

His kicking game we all know is great.

The guy fights just like a cat. Very inquisitive, goes in takes risk, but when he gets in trouble (ie in the corner getting punched at) he has an amazing way of finding his way out of it without getting hit. This guy is so amazingly fast.

And he's improved soo much in the last couple of years.

No chance Cro Cop is overrated by most mma-heads.

But I do agree with you, he'll find the cage much harder to deal with than the ring. It will be a real disadvantage to him. If the Eddie fight was in a ring he would've been out in under 2 minutes, trust.

The cage is one of the stupidest inventions in my opinion... Annoying shit.
Interesting points and a good post
Simon Phoenix is offline  
post #79 of 109 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 08:46 AM
Middleweight
 
SuzukS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,590
           
How can you think Crocop is overrated? Go watch some of his PRIDE fights first. Also, why haven't you replied in this thread yet? theres 3 pages and you still havn't replied. I'll tell you why, you realis you sounded like a complete douche.

SuzukS is offline  
post #80 of 109 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 12:06 PM
FITPLUS Muay Thai
 
murrayjb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,045
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRandy
First.. As long as your not calling me names, no offense is ever taken...

Number 1, this is not a thread about Randy Couture and suggesting that counting Randy's collage wrestling losses is that same as counting Mirko's k1 record is the same thing is what is rediculous. K1 is professional fighting collage wrestling isn't. My point was/is, If he is such a great kickboxer then why shouldn't we look at his kickboxing record to see how good he really is? What is everyone basing their opinions on his kickboxing on if it isn't his kickboxing record. I gave him credit for his wins 17-8, but I was using it to show that I did think he was a tad overrated.

But you want to draw comparisons between Couture and Cro Cop and saying couture has 8 mma loses and mirko only has 4, ok lets. Randy Couture is a 5 time MMA Champion. The only man to hold the title in 2 different weight classes. Mirko has held how many titles??? ummmm 0 Yes, after 5 years of trying he finally won 1 pride gran prix, but he ain't never been a champion.

But to the question at hand, is Cro Cop the most overrated fighter in MMA, no, that's Ken Shamrock's place. But yes, Cro Cop is a little overrated. Im not saying he's not a great fighter, Im saying he's a little overratted.

BigRandy, if Couture were in pride and had to try to take the belt from FEDOR. Then i'm sure he would only have 1 Pride OWGP champ belt too...

And i'm just stating, you're saying hes a bit overhyped because his kickboxing record is 17-8....thats better than Randys 15-8 in MMA. It doesn't make him overrated, Cro Cop has improved a lot since his K-1 Days.
murrayjb is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome