When's the freakin (Liddell and Rampage) REMATCH! - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
MMA Smacktalk MMA Smacktalk is for all the cheering, jeering, and smack-talking that you want. This is the stuff that isn't appropriate for the MMA Discussion forum. Rules are light, so if you don't have a sense of humor, then don't go here!

Reply

Old 05-29-2007, 01:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
VEx
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6
VEx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by asskicker
You really need to watch more Pride your mma knowledge is questionable at best. If you did you would know how good these "new comers" really are and youll realize how silly it is to even put Stephan Bonnars name in the same sentence as Dan Hendersons let alone rank him ahead of him.

To answer your question on the rematch, Chuck got his "freakin rematch" last night. Hes 0-2 against Rampage now and in no way does he deserve an immediate rematch. He should havta win a couple fights.

I don't watch Pride I'm a big Fan of UFC ..

There is where my knowlage is..And I'm not putting Dan Herderson at all in the same level as Bonnar..What I'm saying is that UFC fighters are getting short changed ,because Dana has decided to put all these Pride fights ahead of eveyone who has fought ..

IMO they should work their way up the ladder..That's all..

and So what if the was his ( freakin) rematch ..I believe he should get another one..What's wrong with that..

Why not give him another chance?
Shamrock fought ORtiz in a bunch of Rematches .
Chuck does certainly deserve it.In the same way Herndersaon doesn't deserve to fight for a title ..

Can any one say double standards..lol

Last edited by VEx : 05-29-2007 at 01:13 PM.
VEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 05-29-2007, 05:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Josh3239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: People's Republic of Kalifornia
Posts: 799
Josh3239 is on a distinguished roadJosh3239 is on a distinguished roadJosh3239 is on a distinguished roadJosh3239 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEx
I don't watch Pride I'm a big Fan of UFC ..
Start, you'll understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEx
What I'm saying is that UFC fighters are getting short changed ,because Dana has decided to put all these Pride fights ahead of eveyone who has fought ..
No. This is no different than how the ranking worked. The rankings ALWAYS had both Pride and UFC fighters ranked together. All Dana White is doing is applying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEx
and So what if the was his ( freakin) rematch ..I believe he should get another one..What's wrong with that..
I'll tell you. You say Pride fighters should work their way up the ladder but you are excusing Chuck Liddell's lose and not making him climb the ladder like everyone else. Can you say hyprocrisy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEx
Shamrock fought ORtiz in a bunch of Rematches
Those were non title grudge fights and Ken Shamrock is a hall famer. Shamrock has done far more for MMA and has been in MMA for far longer than Chuck Liddell.
Josh3239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 209
daitrong has a spectacular aura aboutdaitrong has a spectacular aura aboutdaitrong has a spectacular aura aboutdaitrong has a spectacular aura aboutdaitrong has a spectacular aura aboutdaitrong has a spectacular aura aboutdaitrong has a spectacular aura aboutdaitrong has a spectacular aura aboutdaitrong has a spectacular aura aboutdaitrong has a spectacular aura aboutdaitrong has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEx
I don't watch Pride I'm a big Fan of UFC ..

There is where my knowlage is..And I'm not putting Dan Herderson at all in the same level as Bonnar..What I'm saying is that UFC fighters are getting short changed ,because Dana has decided to put all these Pride fights ahead of eveyone who has fought ..

IMO they should work their way up the ladder..That's all..

and So what if the was his ( freakin) rematch ..I believe he should get another one..What's wrong with that..

Why not give him another chance?
Shamrock fought ORtiz in a bunch of Rematches .
Chuck does certainly deserve it.In the same way Herndersaon doesn't deserve to fight for a title ..

Can any one say double standards..lol
Your logic is so rediculous. It's Ok to admit you're a new comer to MMA. To say you only watch UFC, makes me question your knowledge and love for MMA fighting. THere is a reason why chuck has been UFC LW champ for so long.. and it's not because he's the baddest of the baddest. It's because there weren't many Top class LW fighters in the UFC to compete with him. If pride and UFC joined up years ago, i'm pretty sure chuck wouldn't have been the dominate force he has been.

Chuck should get a REMATCH RIGHT AWAY? GET OFF HIS NUTS MAN. No one who just got defeate gets a rematch right away, this is his second lost to rampage, end of story. If Chuck Beats wanderlei silva (which is highly unlikely) than i'll give him props and his due for a rematch against Rampage. Wanderlei has a good record against strikers, and considering chuck couldn't even hold his own at anytime during his title match, i don't think he'll even have a chance against wanderlei.

Start watching some pride fights, it'll open your eyes up from the small world that is UFC.
daitrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Josh3239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: People's Republic of Kalifornia
Posts: 799
Josh3239 is on a distinguished roadJosh3239 is on a distinguished roadJosh3239 is on a distinguished roadJosh3239 is on a distinguished road
I'd love to see Randleman fight Chuck again though. Randleman's a tough dude and I wanna see if Randleman could put Chuck on his back.
Josh3239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
GO BEARS!
 
asskicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Posts: 3,763
asskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enough
Well since the UFC is an MMA organization he may be going by the world MMA rankings. That makes the most sense for MMA fans.

Shamrock/Ortiz 3 was a joke and shouldnt be used to justify anything. I agree Chuck eventually desereves another shot at the title because he was a great champion. Just not right away.
__________________
14-1 in Forum Bets
asskicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 68
theara has a little shameless behaviour in the past
dan henderson has been around in mma for a long time. look at who he's fought and beaten, the dude deserves respect. Hendo, rampage, and couture all were in "King of Queens" together lol. I think they trained together before.
theara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned
 
southpaw447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,585
southpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level now
There is no point in a reamtch because Rampage has proven he's the better fighter 2/3 times. Unless they do a Best of 5 but that would get annoying
southpaw447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:38 PM   #18 (permalink)
Light Heavyweight
 
Biowza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,475
Blog Entries: 1
Biowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A Baller
Chuck doesn't deserve a re-rematch. Maybe in a while, but not right away. He is 0-2 against rampage, both times losing via KO.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
This is by far the easiest and safest pick of the year in mma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
Nog's only chance is one of his miracle submissions, after taking a beating the entire fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
But its not gay if you watch it with a hot chik.
Biowza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
lazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ont. Canada
Posts: 257
lazer is an unknown quantity at this pointlazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude ... it will never be "fair" ok. It is a sport yes, but it is entertainment first and foremost ...period. It doesn’t matter what we think, it matters what pays out the most.

Sure... giving Chuck an instant rematch seems totally fair to me as well ...100% ... if anyone deserves one it's Chuck. But Dana needs to bake this one in the oven a little bit until it comes out nice and golden!
lazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 17
KnuckleHeadTx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Henderson doesn't deserve a UFC Title Shot?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asskicker
You really need to watch more Pride your mma knowledge is questionable at best. If you did you would know how good these "new comers" really are and youll realize how silly it is to even put Stephan Bonnars name in the same sentence as Dan Hendersons let alone rank him ahead of him.

To answer your question on the rematch, Chuck got his "freakin rematch" last night. Hes 0-2 against Rampage now and in no way does he deserve an immediate rematch. He should havta win a couple fights.
Agreed 100%. Across the board, the PRIDE FC has FAR superior
fighters. In EVERY weight class. In fact, in the Lt-HW and
HW classes there are at least three fighters with better
skills than the UFC "contenders".

We ALL need to watch PRIDE FC until it morphs into it's
next incarnation. The Japanese audience will not sit by
and let it vanish into the UFC! The truly great fighters,
like Dan Henderson, will prove their skills by taking down
the best the UFC has to offer. And, in Hendo's case, it
will likely occur in TWO weight classes! AT THE SAME TIME!
(just like he's done in PFC).

Check out Dan's Info on:
PRIDEFC Official Website
and his personal site:
Dan Henderson Online

IMHO, Dan Henderson is the best MMA fighter the USA has
ever produced.
KnuckleHeadTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios