in your opinion how would Steven Segal do in MMA? - Page 8 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
MMA Smacktalk MMA Smacktalk is for all the cheering, jeering, and smack-talking that you want. This is the stuff that isn't appropriate for the MMA Discussion forum. Rules are light, so if you don't have a sense of humor, then don't go here!

Reply

Old 02-21-2009, 04:44 PM   #71 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
randyspankstito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: eugene, oregon
Posts: 1,673
randyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediCardTrick View Post
Just had to bump this out of mothballs:



SO agreed. Sometimes I think Aikido trains people in the art of making excuses and waffles, since that's ALL they do when told to put up or shut up.

"Wouldn't wanna hurt ya, my hands are deadly weapons." Yeah, I never heard THAT one before.

"The rules outlaw it." Wanna be specific? Dirty fighting isn't skill-- that's why it's CALLED "dirty fighting," i.e. it's stuff that ANYONE could do and requires no real skill. And it's also not that useful against a determined opponent, since bending fingers back might cause permanent bursitis but won't impair function during.

Seagal just isn't a real fighter or martial artist, he's a fantasy-figher and BULLSQUIRT-artist. Unfortunately, these are the types that attract most gullible and unintelligent groupies to sing their praises and polish their donuts-- and the less of a clue they have, the more shrill their song and dance.

In all, people who claim that Seagal could perform in a ring, are simply talking out the wrong end-- because all the evidence PROVES the oppposite conclusion by any sound logic. They're simply fools.

Seagal claims to be a Special Forces agent for the US government, which I also resent, because those people are heroes that undergo grueling training and conditions and risks for OUR safety-- and they are GREATLY underpaid for it, but they endure it FOR US. So we owe THEM the favor in kind, to slap down a-holes like Seagal, who wanna talk tough by grabbing credit from the REAL heroes, and then hide behind the camera-- and their mommy's skirt, when challenged to PROVE their claims.
Until I see Seagal in a real fight, then it must be taken as PROVED that he'd be a snowball in hell.
You must feel strongly about Steven Segal to dig up a 2 year old thread and then make a page longe post about it.

Steven Segal would absolutely murder Fedor. Fedor would find out what fighting a REAL martial arts master is all about. It wouldn't last 2 seconds. Fedor would go to throw a punch, then there would be some jerky camera angles and you'd see segals hands moving really fast, and Fedor would be on the ground in pain.


That's how Segal rolls, he leaves 'em on the ground in pain. Get used to it.

Peace.
__________________
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...n/49a5a6cb.png
Thanks to Plazzman for the sig
randyspankstito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-21-2009, 04:49 PM   #72 (permalink)
M_D
Homicidal Maniac
 
M_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 6,170
Blog Entries: 1
M_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is Untouchable
Steven would do great to bad all his moves would be illigal. and steven is actuall ligit
__________________


Over! 2,000,000 Views!

P4P Best Fighter
Angely Lane
M_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:59 PM   #73 (permalink)
Curitiba Food and Liquor
 
swpthleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 16,164
Blog Entries: 14
swpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings System
I realize Steven Seagal does have a legitimate martial arts background but I can't take him seriously until he drops some f&cking weight.

Fedor would murder him. Seagal has been living the high life for a long time and I don't think ever knew the (literal and figurative) hunger that helps to power the juggernaut that is Fedor.
__________________

Sig Credit to Toxic
swpthleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:01 PM   #74 (permalink)
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,417
HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Steven Seagal would beat everyone in the entire MMA world. One after the other, Diggstown style.
__________________
His helmet was stifling, it narrowed his vision. And he must see far. His shield was heavy. It threw him off balance. And his target is far away.
HexRei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:33 PM   #75 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
randyspankstito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: eugene, oregon
Posts: 1,673
randyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
I realize Steven Seagal does have a legitimate martial arts background but I can't take him seriously until he drops some f&cking weight.

Fedor would murder him. Seagal has been living the high life for a long time and I don't think ever knew the (literal and figurative) hunger that helps to power the juggernaut that is Fedor.
Bah, Fedor is a little chubby himself. Steven would absolutely murder Fedor. When it was done Fedor would be on the ground begging for mercy in Russian.

It would be over so quick that you couldn't quite tell what had happened, because the camera work would be pretty chopped up and shaky, but you would know that it had been bad because you had seen his hands moving so fast.
__________________
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...n/49a5a6cb.png
Thanks to Plazzman for the sig
randyspankstito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:45 PM   #76 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11
JediCardTrick is on a distinguished roadJediCardTrick is on a distinguished roadJediCardTrick is on a distinguished roadJediCardTrick is on a distinguished roadJediCardTrick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyspankstito View Post
You must feel strongly about Steven Segal to dig up a 2 year old thread and then make a page longe post about it.

Steven Segal would absolutely murder Fedor. Fedor would find out what fighting a REAL martial arts master is all about. It wouldn't last 2 seconds. Fedor would go to throw a punch, then there would be some jerky camera angles and you'd see segals hands moving really fast, and Fedor would be on the ground in pain.


That's how Segal rolls, he leaves 'em on the ground in pain. Get used to it.

Peace.
Peace on you! If you're serious, you certainly aren't very bright. Segal is a FAKE. He has NO experience against real competition-- and yet you're under the sad delusion that his Aikido LARP'ing (i.e. Live Action Role-Playing) is a substitute -- even an IMPROVEMENT-- over years of real competitive fighting, in real competitive styles?

Please, step AWAY from the crack-pipe!

Segal is about 270 lbs. of pure lard on a small-boned frame, with ZERO competitive experience. NONE.

Akido is even a competitive style, so there is ZERO evidence that it has ANY effectiveness against trained competitors who ae EXPERTS in competitive styles.
Finally, all evidence shows that Akido practictioners avoid competition, since there is ample opportunity, but ZERO evidence of taking it; therefore they can't claim that it's anywhere near as effective as competitive styles and training.

In comparison, Fedor is built much better for MMA, being 6' tall and 230 lbs of MUSCLE.

He He has won numerous tournaments and accolades in multiple sports, most notably the Pride 2004 Grand Prix and the World Combat Sambo championship on four occasions, as well as medaling in the Russian national Judo championship.
He has been considered the best heavyweight fighter in the world for the last six years by many major publications, including ESPN, the Orange County Register, The Fight Network, the Houston Chronicle, The Wrestling Observer, Sherdog, and Inside MMA. HE was also chosen as the greatest fighter of all time across all weight classes by an expert panel of the television show "Inside MMA".

Tell me, where does SEAGAL register on all those?

I take it you aren't a scientist, because otherwise you'd realize that the simple principle of scientific pragmatism requires PROOF, in order to form a valid conclusion.... otherwise you're just spouting methane.

Seagal has never beaten ANYONE... other than his ex-wives and girl-friends. And as a result, the only time Seagal's hand moves fast is when he's ALONE.

Last edited by JediCardTrick : 02-21-2009 at 05:49 PM.
JediCardTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:53 PM   #77 (permalink)
M_D
Homicidal Maniac
 
M_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 6,170
Blog Entries: 1
M_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is Untouchable
So you say akido is fake just because you cant use it in compititions..seriously

do some research on akido a little more and you will understand how bad your statement is.

segal is a bad actor yes, but a great fighter he is all the same
__________________


Over! 2,000,000 Views!

P4P Best Fighter
Angely Lane
M_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:57 PM   #78 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11
JediCardTrick is on a distinguished roadJediCardTrick is on a distinguished roadJediCardTrick is on a distinguished roadJediCardTrick is on a distinguished roadJediCardTrick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_D View Post
Steven would do great to bad all his moves would be illigal.
Like what?

Quote:
and steven is actuall ligit
So is Richard Simmmons-- whom Seagal fears more than any man on earth.
JediCardTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:58 PM   #79 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
randyspankstito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: eugene, oregon
Posts: 1,673
randyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediCardTrick View Post
Peace on you! If you're serious, you certainly aren't very bright. Segal is a FAKE. He has NO experience against real competition-- and yet you're under the sad delusion that his Aikido LARP'ing (i.e. Live Action Role-Playing) is a substitute -- even an IMPROVEMENT-- over years of real competitive fighting, in real competitive styles?

Please, step AWAY from the crack-pipe!

Segal is about 270 lbs. of pure lard on a small-boned frame, with ZERO competitive experience. NONE.

Akido is even a competitive style, so there is ZERO evidence that it has ANY effectiveness against trained competitors who ae EXPERTS in competitive styles.
Finally, all evidence shows that Akido practictioners avoid competition, since there is ample opportunity, but ZERO evidence of taking it; therefore they can't claim that it's anywhere near as effective as competitive styles and training.

In comparison, Fedor is built much better for MMA, being 6' tall and 230 lbs of MUSCLE.

He He has won numerous tournaments and accolades in multiple sports, most notably the Pride 2004 Grand Prix and the World Combat Sambo championship on four occasions, as well as medaling in the Russian national Judo championship.
He has been considered the best heavyweight fighter in the world for the last six years by many major publications, including ESPN, the Orange County Register, The Fight Network, the Houston Chronicle, The Wrestling Observer, Sherdog, and Inside MMA. HE was also chosen as the greatest fighter of all time across all weight classes by an expert panel of the television show "Inside MMA".

Tell me, where does SEAGAL register on all those?

I take it you aren't a scientist, because otherwise you'd realize that the simple principle of scientific pragmatism requires PROOF, in order to form a valid conclusion.... otherwise you're just spouting methane.

Seagal has never beaten ANYONE... other than his ex-wives and girl-friends. And as a result, the only time Seagal's hand moves fast is when he's ALONE.


Dude I am totally serious. I don't joke around when it comes to Steven Segal. The guy is the baddest dude on the planet. Haven't you ever seen Out for Justice? He can take a whole room of armed Hells Angels out with his bare hands. I think if he can handle a room of Hells Angels he could beat Fedor pretty easily.

Next time you want to insult me with you ignorant rants, maybe you should pop a copy of that movie into your Beta Max player.

In fact, the only person on the planet who would maybe, MAYBE, even have a chance of lasting more than a minute with segal is Jean Claude Van Dam, and that would only be when Jean Claude was in his prime like when he was in the documentary Lionheart.
__________________
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...n/49a5a6cb.png
Thanks to Plazzman for the sig

Last edited by randyspankstito : 02-21-2009 at 06:06 PM.
randyspankstito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:03 PM   #80 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11
JediCardTrick is on a distinguished roadJediCardTrick is on a distinguished roadJediCardTrick is on a distinguished roadJediCardTrick is on a distinguished roadJediCardTrick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_D View Post
So you say akido is fake just because you cant use it in compititions..seriously
Only if you want to have a chance of WINNING. No okidoki has EVER won a MMA match.

Quote:
do some research on akido a little more and you will understand how bad your statement is.
There's no research necessary-- there is not ONE okidoki who's EVER beaten anyone in competition. NOT ONE.
And that's in the face of AMPLE opportunity, AND CHALLENGES.

Quote:
segal is a bad actor yes, but a great fighter he is all the same
Where's your evidence? The only person he ever fought is Gene LeBell-- which only proved Seagal a "dirty fighter" in more ways than one.

Last edited by JediCardTrick : 02-21-2009 at 06:13 PM.
JediCardTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios