I Hate Bj Penn! - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
MMA Smacktalk MMA Smacktalk is for all the cheering, jeering, and smack-talking that you want. This is the stuff that isn't appropriate for the MMA Discussion forum. Rules are light, so if you don't have a sense of humor, then don't go here!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 12:01 AM
Banned
 
bbjd7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montclair, NJ
Posts: 11,605
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock
I like that picture of BJ and GSP interview after theyre fight where GSP looked like a train wreck and BJ looked like he just strolled off a nice walk in the park. You can look at a persons record and be a hater or a fan of them purely based on that alone. Thats your choice to be a hater. I always loved how some of you call a fan a nuthugger. So what if I like BJ Penn bro? If I like to come to MMA forum and discuss BJ Penn or any other fighter so be it. It is a forum for exactly that purpose. So you go on hating BJ Penn because he gets talked about too much (in your opinion) on this forum. Thats a hell of a reason to hate on somebody bro. Pretty freakin sad IMO. If your gonna be hatin on somebody make it the ones who you call nuthuggers. Its not BJ Penn's fault that people pissed you off by talking about him. With that attitude you might as well paint a big "L" on your forehead. No offense intended I just think you should think about it is all.
Personally I have no problem with people talking about BJ in forums in fact I would enjoy it if people were realistic. I feel that a lot of BJ's fans are unrealistic and refuse to admit that BJ can actually be beaten by people. BJ is a great fighter but not unbeatable and alot of the forum topics and discussions portray BJ as the latter.
bbjd7 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 12:31 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Woodstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 86
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbjd7
Personally I have no problem with people talking about BJ in forums in fact I would enjoy it if people were realistic. I feel that a lot of BJ's fans are unrealistic and refuse to admit that BJ can actually be beaten by people. BJ is a great fighter but not unbeatable and alot of the forum topics and discussions portray BJ as the latter.
To me being a nuthugger is when you choose to be a fan of the athlete only when they win. A fan is someone who chooses to like an athlete win or lose based on theyre talent.

Chosing to hate somone based on some fans opinion of them is just sad.

If you choose to dislike them based on others opinion is indicative of your character alone.
Woodstock is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 02:14 AM
Lightweight
 
ShadyNismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: HoLLyW00d, FL
Posts: 1,532
                     
His an ight guy, but on the TUF show he acted like a dick.. imo he hasn't defeated many top fighters in his weight class yet... other than Matt Hughes.. but then he lost to him.. so meh..

Fav. Fighters

1. Georges St. Pierre
2. Quinton Jackson
3. Anderson Silva


"If Your Not Cheatin, Your Not Tryin Hard Enough" Tito Ortiz
Forum Bets
54-15
ShadyNismo is offline  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 02:38 AM
Banned
 
bbjd7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montclair, NJ
Posts: 11,605
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock
To me being a nuthugger is when you choose to be a fan of the athlete only when they win. A fan is someone who chooses to like an athlete win or lose based on theyre talent.

Chosing to hate somone based on some fans opinion of them is just sad.

If you choose to dislike them based on others opinion is indicative of your character alone.
Who said I hate BJ I have no problem with BJ and I'm actually a fan my point is that on this forum the way people talk about BJ Penn unrealistically I hate. BJ while a very talented athlete on this forum is talked about as the best fighter under 185 which is retarted and not true he would be murdered by Franklin, Filho, Henderson, Silva and a whole other bunch of 185'ers. and all the WW's would probably give him good fights that either one could win. I'm a fan of BJ so no peoples opinion of him haven't effected that but on this forum I always seem to be debating negativly about BJ since others seem to believe he is unbeatable.
bbjd7 is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 01:15 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Woodstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 86
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbjd7
Who said I hate BJ I have no problem with BJ and I'm actually a fan my point is that on this forum the way people talk about BJ Penn unrealistically I hate. BJ while a very talented athlete on this forum is talked about as the best fighter under 185 which is retarted and not true he would be murdered by Franklin, Filho, Henderson, Silva and a whole other bunch of 185'ers. and all the WW's would probably give him good fights that either one could win. I'm a fan of BJ so no peoples opinion of him haven't effected that but on this forum I always seem to be debating negativly about BJ since others seem to believe he is unbeatable.
My point was that a fan would be as honest about that issue as you. Of course hes not suited to fight at 185 or higher weight. He fought Machida at 186lbs barely able to make the 186 to 205 wieght class. If BJ is smart He will stay at 155 and occasoinally take fights at 170.
Also my point was (not aimed at you bro) that whether he wins or loses doesnt mean his fans cant still think that hes a great fighter. Thats what nuthuggers do. Jump on the bandwagon and then bail when the fighter loses. I refuse to believe any man is unbeatable myself. Including the allmighty Fedor. When Jens got KTFO by Lauzon then beat by Penn all his fans said he should drop to 145lbs and the nuthuggers jumped on the other fighters bandwagon. Think about it fans, we have a bunch of people here that think UFC is the new WWE. Thay dont get it yet. Theres still hope for them though.
Woodstock is offline  
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Walking Spastic
 
BooyaKascha's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 681
 
My operational definition of a "nuthugger" is this: Someone who overestimates and overexaggerates the talent and ability of a particular fighter to an extreme and unrealistic state.

I consider people that change their "favorite fighters" based on when they win and lose: Bandwagon fans

My Favorites:

Kendall Grove
Andrei Arlovski
Nick Diaz
Jens Pulver
Spencer Fisher
Sean Sherk
Corey Hill


5-1 in Forum bets

I <3 Paris Hilton
BooyaKascha is offline  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 11:00 AM
Back In Black
 
Chrisl972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Winter Haven, Fl
Posts: 4,185
                     
What is it about BJ Penn that makes you think that he's not that good of a fighter? Is it the fact that he's lost fights? Have you watched the fights that he lost?

I can't think of one fight, even with guys that are naturally 50 pounds heavier than he is, that he hasn't brought it to the point where you think he has a GREAT chance of winning it.

Sure he's lost fights and he'll tell you that he hasn't taken the training as serious as he should.

But for the people on here that talk about him being overrated amazes me. The man has more natural talent then ANYONE in MMA. More then Fedor, more then Anderson Silva, not then GSP. All of those guys train like they'd die with out it. BJ just goes out there and fights half the time and still looks like he can beat them.

The only thing that keeps BJ from being the best P4P fighter in the world is his work ethic, and if he can get that in line, then I'll give it to him bar none.

Chrisl972 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome