The Tim Sylvia LOVE & APPRECIATION Thread - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
MMA Smacktalk MMA Smacktalk is for all the cheering, jeering, and smack-talking that you want. This is the stuff that isn't appropriate for the MMA Discussion forum. Rules are light, so if you don't have a sense of humor, then don't go here!

Reply

Old 08-06-2007, 01:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,450
xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
I hate Tim Sylvia because he raped me outside a bar when I was to drunk to defend myself.
__________________


If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 08-06-2007, 01:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Z-man-mma-fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Revolution
Posts: 738
Z-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor>all
Do you understand the hypocrisy in your statement? You're saying all the guys he fought were cans, yet you're turning around and saying records don't matter.

Cans are decided based mainly on their records in competition. Are you saying that those fighters are or are not cans? Because you're certainly contradicting yourself.
im not contradicting anything. im simply stating that although records dont matter much in MMA, HIS isnt impressive when you look at who hes fought.
__________________
- The Alpha Wolves-
Muhammad Ali - Fedor Emelianenko - Alexander Karelin
Z-man-mma-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:18 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned
 
Fedor>all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 8,796
Fedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-man-mma-fan
hes also an arrogant prick who at one point thought he could take fedor. he also (when he got the belt) fought NOT to loose instead of to win, not even talking about how boring his fights are, just his mindset. and hes also a disgusting pig, and thats not because of how he looks.

i highly dislike him because of his arrogant personality, his fighting style and how he acts. those are all valid reasons, are they not?

If this isn't about his looks, then how is he a disgusting pig? Tim Sylvia's fighting style isn't even something to dislike him by, since when do people dislike watching someone KTFO of someone else? This is MMA, his style isn't much different from other striking-based heavyweights.
Fedor>all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:19 AM   #14 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Z-man-mma-fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Revolution
Posts: 738
Z-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A Hug
so wait.. since when did the sylvia nuthugging come back from? hes an arrogant slob that lost his title to a guy who didnt fight for almost a year in an extremely unimpressive fashion. he doesnt deserve fans IMO.
__________________
- The Alpha Wolves-
Muhammad Ali - Fedor Emelianenko - Alexander Karelin
Z-man-mma-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,450
xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-man-mma-fan
so wait.. since when did the sylvia nuthugging come back from? hes an arrogant slob that lost his title to a guy who didnt fight for almost a year in an extremely unimpressive fashion.
What? Tim Silvia is a great great fighter and I think he could KO fedor. Its not like he lost his title to some old 43 year old submission guy who hadnt fought in like a year or nothing.
__________________


If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:21 AM   #16 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Z-man-mma-fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Revolution
Posts: 738
Z-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor>all
If this isn't about his looks, then how is he a disgusting pig? Tim Sylvia's fighting style isn't even something to dislike him by, since when do people dislike watching someone KTFO of someone else? This is MMA, his style isn't much different from other striking-based heavyweights.

why are you acting so defensive? i stated my opinion, i didnt say you had to agree. stop acting like hes your best friend and just dont try to take it to heart if you dont like it.

but just to answer your question, i personally think he is a disgusting pig because of the random things he does that make him look like one (burping in between rounds RIGHT in front of the camera, his body language, etc)

amd i dont know about you, but i personally like seeing striking/grappling/something done. it is fighting after all, not dance dance revolution
__________________
- The Alpha Wolves-
Muhammad Ali - Fedor Emelianenko - Alexander Karelin
Z-man-mma-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:22 AM   #17 (permalink)
Banned
 
Fedor>all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 8,796
Fedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-man-mma-fan
im not contradicting anything. im simply stating that although records dont matter much in MMA, HIS isnt impressive when you look at who hes fought.
This is exactly what you said:

"and like 22 of his wins are against cans, sides records in MMA matter about as much as music does to a deaf person."

How are you determining the classification of "can" if MMA records are as irrelevant as you claim they are?

That's the contradiction man.
Fedor>all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:23 AM   #18 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
js9234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Currently stationed in Abilene, TX
Posts: 1,166
js9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud of
I really don't mind him. I think he's a pretty good fighter with an impresive resume. I also think A LOT of people don't like him because he's so big and has never really been an underdog. Like him or not he's a good fighter. He doesn't seem near as bad of a guy as people try to make him out to be on here.
js9234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:25 AM   #19 (permalink)
Banned
 
Fedor>all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 8,796
Fedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-man-mma-fan
so wait.. since when did the sylvia nuthugging come back from? hes an arrogant slob that lost his title to a guy who didnt fight for almost a year in an extremely unimpressive fashion. he doesnt deserve fans IMO.
First of all, how am I nuthugging? I'm a huge MMA fan period. I'm just tired of reading nonsensical posts by guys that claim to love the sport but hate a fighter because he's a "disgusting pig".

Tim Sylvia has an exciting record when you look at it on paper. If I'm going to dislike a mixed martial artist based on anything, it will be their performances. I won't be very excited to watch an Assuerio Silva fight because most of them are boring. Looking at Tim Sylvia's record alone shows that the majority of his fights are ended by KO or TKO. Just because his last 3 fights went to decision does NOT mean we should simply forget his past achievements.
Fedor>all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:28 AM   #20 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
liveson777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,749
liveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really nice
WOOT the thread starter is very cool.... WOOT Tim Sylvia isnt that bad he just needs some new wins that are impressive GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Timmmm!!!!!!
__________________
My Top 10:
Fedor
Henderson
GSP
Lyoto Machida
Aleks E
Josh Barnett
Big Nog
BJ Penn
Anderson Silva
Cro Cop Musosi and bada hari
liveson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios