The Tim Sylvia LOVE & APPRECIATION Thread - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
MMA Smacktalk MMA Smacktalk is for all the cheering, jeering, and smack-talking that you want. This is the stuff that isn't appropriate for the MMA Discussion forum. Rules are light, so if you don't have a sense of humor, then don't go here!

Reply

Old 08-06-2007, 01:28 AM   #21 (permalink)
Banned
 
bbjd7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montclair, NJ
Posts: 11,605
Blog Entries: 3
bbjd7 Is Beloved By Allbbjd7 Is Beloved By Allbbjd7 Is Beloved By Allbbjd7 Is Beloved By Allbbjd7 Is Beloved By Allbbjd7 Is Beloved By Allbbjd7 Is Beloved By Allbbjd7 Is Beloved By Allbbjd7 Is Beloved By Allbbjd7 Is Beloved By Allbbjd7 Is Beloved By All
I'm just wondering how did the Tim Sylvia love and appreciation thread turn into a fight about Sylvia's merit.

I'm not a Sylvia fan but all of these Sylvia haters makes me wish I was one.

Can we please discuss the good things about Tim who is probably one of the top 10 most underrated fighters by fans and has beaten a lot of people who aren't cans (note Can is thrown around way to much)
bbjd7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 08-06-2007, 01:28 AM   #22 (permalink)
Banned
 
Fedor>all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 8,796
Fedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-man-mma-fan
why are you acting so defensive? i stated my opinion, i didnt say you had to agree. stop acting like hes your best friend and just dont try to take it to heart if you dont like it.

but just to answer your question, i personally think he is a disgusting pig because of the random things he does that make him look like one (burping in between rounds RIGHT in front of the camera, his body language, etc)

amd i dont know about you, but i personally like seeing striking/grappling/something done. it is fighting after all, not dance dance revolution
How am I acting defensive? I'm engaging you in debate without calling you names of any sort. I'm asking for clarification because there tends to be a stigma associated to supporting Tim Sylvia when looking at a history of his fights they've been (for the most part) exciting.

I personally think you need to watch more of his fights because from the sound of it you've only seen his last 3 which I admit weren't all that riveting.

As for his burping in between rounds, since when is there octagon etiquette? If you're in a fight would you rather go into a round with gas or would you belch it out? Sure it's gross, but we're not at a Victorian tea party, we're watching guys kick the shit out of each other.

Tim Sylvia' manners aren't even that bad, did you watch the episode of Blind Date he was on? I thought he was quite well-mannered considering he was on a date with a total cow.

Last edited by Fedor>all : 08-06-2007 at 01:31 AM.
Fedor>all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:31 AM   #23 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Z-man-mma-fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Revolution
Posts: 738
Z-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor>all
First of all, how am I nuthugging? I'm a huge MMA fan period. I'm just tired of reading nonsensical posts by guys that claim to love the sport but hate a fighter because he's a "disgusting pig".

Tim Sylvia has an exciting record when you look at it on paper. If I'm going to dislike a mixed martial artist based on anything, it will be their performances. I won't be very excited to watch an Assuerio Silva fight because most of them are boring. Looking at Tim Sylvia's record alone shows that the majority of his fights are ended by KO or TKO. Just because his last 3 fights went to decision does NOT mean we should simply forget his past achievements.

again, i stated my opinion. simple as that. dont attack me for my opinion, thats plain retarded.

keywords- exciting record ON PAPER. i judge a fighter by the fights hes had in the past year because thats what he is like now. and in the past year, hes had a dance-off with arlovski, layNgay and more dancing with monson, and a butt whooping by a guy whos old enough to be his dad AND had year's worth of ring rust. he is not an exciting fighter IMO, the only decent fight hes had was against tre and like most of us know he is no A level fighter.
__________________
- The Alpha Wolves-
Muhammad Ali - Fedor Emelianenko - Alexander Karelin
Z-man-mma-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:34 AM   #24 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Z-man-mma-fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Revolution
Posts: 738
Z-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor>all
How am I acting defensive? I'm engaging you in debate without calling you names of any sort. I'm asking for clarification because there tends to be a stigma associated to supporting Tim Sylvia when looking at a history of his fights they've been (for the most part) exciting.

I personally think you need to watch more of his fights because from the sound of it you've only seen his last 3 which I admit weren't all that riveting.

As for his burping in between rounds, since when is there octagon etiquette? If you're in a fight would you rather go into a round with gas or would you belch it out? Sure it's gross, but we're not at a Victorian tea party, we're watching guys kick the shit out of each other.

Tim Sylvia' manners aren't even that bad, did you watch the episode of Blind Date he was on? I thought he was quite well-mannered considering he was on a date with a total cow.

lol it seems you just contradicted yourself buddy manners dont matter BUT HE HAS GOOD ONES!! thats hipocrisy if ive ever seen it. if you point that out as a flaw in my arguement dont make the same mistake in yours.

i DO personally belive etiquette matters. if i see a fighter whos respectful towards his opponent, doesnt save a burp/fart up until the camera is in his face for extra attention and has overall good social manners i will root for him..
__________________
- The Alpha Wolves-
Muhammad Ali - Fedor Emelianenko - Alexander Karelin
Z-man-mma-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:35 AM   #25 (permalink)
Banned
 
Fedor>all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 8,796
Fedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-man-mma-fan
again, i stated my opinion. simple as that. dont attack me for my opinion, thats plain retarded.

keywords- exciting record ON PAPER. i judge a fighter by the fights hes had in the past year because thats what he is like now. and in the past year, hes had a dance-off with arlovski, layNgay and more dancing with monson, and a butt whooping by a guy whos old enough to be his dad AND had year's worth of ring rust. he is not an exciting fighter IMO, the only decent fight hes had was against tre and like most of us know he is no A level fighter.
You need to chill out bud, I'm not attacking your opinion. I'm asking you to support it with something worth arguing, not his poor manners. The fact you're not even interested in checking out his fights out of an MMA fan curiosity just signifies your unfounded bias towards him.

He's nowhere near my favourite fighter *cough*Fedor*cough* but he's definitely got an impressive record, which I really don't think is deniable without the imposition of blind hatred towards him.
Fedor>all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:37 AM   #26 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Z-man-mma-fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Revolution
Posts: 738
Z-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor>all
You need to chill out bud, I'm not attacking your opinion. I'm asking you to support it with something worth arguing, not his poor manners. The fact you're not even interested in checking out his fights out of an MMA fan curiosity just signifies your unfounded bias towards him.

He's nowhere near my favourite fighter *cough*Fedor*cough* but he's definitely got an impressive record, which I really don't think is deniable without the imposition of blind hatred towards him.

exactly how does a record make a fighter likeable? i dont care if a guy is 0-100, if he has ONLY exciting fights, is learning and improving, is a nice guy and always gives it all in a fight ill root for him, not the guy who has a nice double digit number in his win column but couldnt pass for a respectable human being if his life depended on it.
__________________
- The Alpha Wolves-
Muhammad Ali - Fedor Emelianenko - Alexander Karelin
Z-man-mma-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:38 AM   #27 (permalink)
Banned
 
Fedor>all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 8,796
Fedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-man-mma-fan
lol it seems you just contradicted yourself buddy manners dont matter BUT HE HAS GOOD ONES!! thats hipocrisy if ive ever seen it. if you point that out as a flaw in my arguement dont make the same mistake in yours.

i DO personally belive etiquette matters. if i see a fighter whos respectful towards his opponent, doesnt save a burp/fart up until the camera is in his face for extra attention and has overall good social manners i will root for him..
I think you need to look contradiction up in the dictionary, along with reading comprehension to be quite honest.

I stated that his manners in the octagon are really irrelevant. I'm pretty sure he didn't know the exact moment the camera would cut to him and I'm pretty sure he didn't cue the burp perfectly for when it would. If you're suggesting that he did, then this argument is pointless because there's no logic behind your reasoning.

I used the Blind Date reference as a means to countering your claims of bad manners.
Fedor>all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:40 AM   #28 (permalink)
Das ▄bermensch
 
wukkadb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,633
wukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatness
I like Tim and all, but he really hasn't fought any top competition except for AA.
__________________



What a stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
The power of Aleks, his small baby and pimp hardcore dogs has granted you useful insight, my friend.
wukkadb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:41 AM   #29 (permalink)
Banned
 
Fedor>all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 8,796
Fedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-man-mma-fan
exactly how does a record make a fighter likeable? i dont care if a guy is 0-100, if he has ONLY exciting fights, is learning and improving, is a nice guy and always gives it all in a fight ill root for him, not the guy who has a nice double digit number in his win column but couldnt pass for a respectable human being if his life depended on it.
How doesn't Tim Sylvia pass for being a respectable human being? Did he kill someone? Did he **** someone? You're blowing his entire persona out of proportion.

Hell, even Randy Couture thinks Tim is a nice guy that simply has an image problem. I guess Randy's wrong though, because he's not being shown Tim on camera like you are.. m i rite?
Fedor>all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:41 AM   #30 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Z-man-mma-fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Revolution
Posts: 738
Z-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A HugZ-man-mma-fan Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor>all
I think you need to look contradiction up in the dictionary, along with reading comprehension to be quite honest.

I stated that his manners in the octagon are really irrelevant. I'm pretty sure he didn't know the exact moment the camera would cut to him and I'm pretty sure he didn't cue the burp perfectly for when it would. If you're suggesting that he did, then this argument is pointless because there's no logic behind your reasoning.

I used the Blind Date reference as a means to countering your claims of bad manners, which you seem to believe he has.
if you want to actually read my whole post then, you will find that you stated the exact same thing i did.

i said records dont matter but sylvia's sucks, you said manners dont matter BUT sylvia's is good. and then you bust me for contradicting myself?

Hipocrisy (noun): Proffesing beliefs that one does not hold.
__________________
- The Alpha Wolves-
Muhammad Ali - Fedor Emelianenko - Alexander Karelin
Z-man-mma-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright ę 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios