GSP is MAD/Pissed at Dana White - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
MMA Smacktalk MMA Smacktalk is for all the cheering, jeering, and smack-talking that you want. This is the stuff that isn't appropriate for the MMA Discussion forum. Rules are light, so if you don't have a sense of humor, then don't go here!

Reply

Old 04-20-2008, 03:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
VAMP3D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Atl
Posts: 44
VAMP3D has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Aff*cktion shirt-50 bux, shorts 80 bux. I'm not sure what type of spoiled rich kid I'm supposed to be, but after putting ridiculously priced gas in my car, I am lucky to afford decent food. No thanks, I'll have to find other ways to be cool.
__________________
Favorite Fighters (random order):

Chuck Norris
Screech
Daniel Larusso
VAMP3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 04-20-2008, 03:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Face the Pain
 
Aaronyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Southwestern Ontario
Posts: 7,021
Aaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAMP3D View Post
Aff*cktion shirt-50 bux, shorts 80 bux. I'm not sure what type of spoiled rich kid I'm supposed to be, but after putting ridiculously priced gas in my car, I am lucky to afford decent food. No thanks, I'll have to find other ways to be cool.
agreed. as a university student, money isn't exactly flowing out of my pockets to afford t-shirts that expensive....

even tho i want the new gsp one badly
Aaronyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 1,065
zarny has a brilliant futurezarny has a brilliant futurezarny has a brilliant futurezarny has a brilliant futurezarny has a brilliant futurezarny has a brilliant futurezarny has a brilliant futurezarny has a brilliant futurezarny has a brilliant futurezarny has a brilliant futurezarny has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
Why would dana give a f&ck what GSP wears when GSP is making him so much money, get over it dana for such a supposedly shrewd businessman, he seems butthurt a lot.



Affliction started their own fight league. That transformed them from a clothing line to competition for the UFC.

Dana is a shrewd enough business man to know you don't let your competition's logo walk down to your octagon on the front of half your fighter's chests.

I would be suprised if GSP moved over to Affliction. He is probably losing some money; but he's still making well into the millions with the UFC and being in the UFC provides a significantly greater chance to land more mainstream sponsorship deals.

Over the last year the UFC has landed Budweiser and Harley Davidson as sponsors. GSP is probably the most marketable fighter in the UFC.

The financial opportunities to work with major sponsors makes anything GSP might be losing with Affliction look like chump change.
zarny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,115
Stokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarny View Post
Affliction started their own fight league. That transformed them from a clothing line to competition for the UFC.

Dana is a shrewd enough business man to know you don't let your competition's logo walk down to your octagon on the front of half your fighter's chests.

I would be suprised if GSP moved over to Affliction. He is probably losing some money; but he's still making well into the millions with the UFC and being in the UFC provides a significantly greater chance to land more mainstream sponsorship deals.

Over the last year the UFC has landed Budweiser and Harley Davidson as sponsors. GSP is probably the most marketable fighter in the UFC.

The financial opportunities to work with major sponsors makes anything GSP might be losing with Affliction look like chump change.
He's on his way to becoming that, but not yet. Chuck Liddell will be the face of the UFC until the day he retires. And even then people will still say he is the best fighter ever because he is the most popular. I have a lot of friends who like UFC, but aren't like obsessed with it like myself and they all think Chuck is the most bad ass dude in the world. Some don't even know who GSP is by name. They just know he's that Canadian guy who is really good.
Stokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 342
NoRToN will become famous soon enoughNoRToN will become famous soon enoughNoRToN will become famous soon enoughNoRToN will become famous soon enoughNoRToN will become famous soon enoughNoRToN will become famous soon enoughNoRToN will become famous soon enoughNoRToN will become famous soon enoughNoRToN will become famous soon enoughNoRToN will become famous soon enoughNoRToN will become famous soon enough
I personally stopped buying Affliction after everyone and their Mom started wearing it. It is played out imo

Dom Rebel is the shizzznit. I just have to save up 400-800 bucks for a Tshirt though

www.emoda.com
__________________
Curran Future WEC Champ
NoRToN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Face the Pain
 
Aaronyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Southwestern Ontario
Posts: 7,021
Aaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRToN View Post
I personally stopped buying Affliction after everyone and their Mom started wearing it. It is played out imo

Dom Rebel is the shizzznit. I just have to save up 400-800 bucks for a Tshirt though

www.emoda.com
are they selling affliction shirts cheaper than affliction????

http://www.emoda.com/item.asp?prodid...ner=Affliction
Aaronyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
joey__stalin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 898
joey__stalin is a glorious beacon of lightjoey__stalin is a glorious beacon of lightjoey__stalin is a glorious beacon of lightjoey__stalin is a glorious beacon of lightjoey__stalin is a glorious beacon of lightjoey__stalin is a glorious beacon of lightjoey__stalin is a glorious beacon of lightjoey__stalin is a glorious beacon of lightjoey__stalin is a glorious beacon of lightjoey__stalin is a glorious beacon of lightjoey__stalin is a glorious beacon of light
I saw Dana in the background maybe once during that whole ufc event.
__________________
- A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
- It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

See you Space Cowboy...
joey__stalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 20,901
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt_CaUzE View Post
He's on his way to becoming that, but not yet. Chuck Liddell will be the face of the UFC until the day he retires. And even then people will still say he is the best fighter ever because he is the most popular. I have a lot of friends who like UFC, but aren't like obsessed with it like myself and they all think Chuck is the most bad ass dude in the world. Some don't even know who GSP is by name. They just know he's that Canadian guy who is really good.
I would agree in general but would wager in Canada that GSP is more marketable than even Lidell, especially do to the fact he is bilingual and among the french speaking Quebec he is more than just the most marketable MMA fighter but is probably one of if not thee most marketable celebrities period. GSP could make a pile in sponsoships in Canada.
__________________



"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page



Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Anthrax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 13
Anthrax has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Honestly, I cant stand Affliction. Everyone that wears it trys to act like a thug but they're all wannabes it pisses me off. I dont mind if you actually fight or if you dont buy it to try and act like the shit. Anyone else feel the same way?
Anthrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:35 PM   #20 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 126
BlueCriminal has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I don't know why GSP would be pissed. Affliction is not allowed for obvious reasons, so affliction gave him a buncha cash to wear clothing without any other sponsors on it.

Getting bought out, and not looking like a posterboy? sign me up.
BlueCriminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios