Originally Posted by KillerShark1985
Eventually other companies like SF and Dream will grow and work together for the good of the sport and if they UFC dont learn to play along its them that will suffer, the first signs are there with them been unable to host some big fights thanks to lack of co-promotion, as the other grow and continue to co-promote, the relationship between, Strikeforce Dream and M-1 will progress and become established and the UFC will be left behind. I hope then when the UFC wants to play that none of them want to play with the UFC under the dick of a chairman they have with Dana White.
I'm sorry, but that's a big NO! What i've just marked with bold characters: that will never happen.
1. I don't believe in the UFC hype. It's just a proven fact they are the biggest organisation out there, they host the most events, make the most money, they are the most recognised organisation in MMA, they've made some huge efforts and succeded on legalizing MMA in numerous states, they are the one who have taken an event to Asia/Abu Dhabi or to Australia and sold it in 30 minutes and the list can continue.
2. the UFC is no charity organisation. Of course they want to make big fights "for the good of the sport", but that doesn't mean at every cost (i'm talking about the Fedor situation of course). White (which i am not a fan of btw), the Fertitas, Zuffa have worked hard to bring the UFC where it is today, and i don't think it would have been a wise move to let M-1 co-promote alongside them. It's like this: they've turned UFC into a multi-million dollar business, and after that, someone (Finkelstein) wants to join in!!
3. Strikeforce and Dream co-promote because they have to. If you look at them separately you will see they don't have enough established fighters to make it on their own. SF will most likely lose their champion who will go to the UFC. Why is that?
4. M-1 needs somekind of co-promotion or call it whatever you like it: they have 2 solid fighters: Fedor & Mousassi, and one of them (Mousassi) doesn't look that great after fighting King Mo. On it's own, M-1 will dissapear in 1 year.
5. The UFC just took control of WEC. In the near future, they will eliminate the LW division and incorporate it in the UFC. And i can almost make a bet, in about 2 years time, maybe quicker, the UFC will have a featherweight and bantamweight division, and WEC will just be a proving ground for young up and comers, let's call it a trambuline for the UFC.
SF, Dream, Sengoku, Bellator, MFC and others will continue to exist and make good fights. They will co-promote and offer free fights.
But for everything that counts, the UFC will just become bigger and bigger. They will expand, they will eventually organise events in Japan (another bet of mine), they will go to South America (Brazil), expand thru Europe...and they will continue to dominate the MMA world.