Is cain the new hype bubble ready to explode? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
MMA Smacktalk MMA Smacktalk is for all the cheering, jeering, and smack-talking that you want. This is the stuff that isn't appropriate for the MMA Discussion forum. Rules are light, so if you don't have a sense of humor, then don't go here!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 02:21 AM
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,153
                     
Cain and Cake sounds quite the same ... could this mean that Cain was meant to be a baker? YUM!
Liddellianenko is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 04:09 AM
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,858
                     
It's not unheard of for UFC champions to reign for an extended period of time. Chuck looked untouchable for two years, and Anderson is still on top. GSP may not be as fun to watch as he once was, but he remains in a class by himself at 170.

The HW division is very strong at the top, but not particularly deep.

Perhaps Jon Bones Jones will be the one to end Cain's run in a couple of years.
michelangelo is offline  
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 04:16 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,097
Blog Entries: 1
                     
hw champs havent made more than two defenses, i think if it is kept standing JDS will win since has the best HW striking and he is 17-0 in kickboxing, but if cain successfully uses his wrestling and cardio then he can walk away with a ground and pound tko or decision


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 04:19 AM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: England
Posts: 453
                     
I see the Heavyweight division with regards to the title playing out similarly too the Light Heavyweight division. I cant see one guy dominating for an extended period, rather i believe that the title will switch hands on a relatively regular basis.

I think you have a pretty clear top 4 in the UFC HW division - Cain, Brock, JDS and Carwin. Cain has beaten Brock and Brock has beaten Carwin. The ironic thing is that i have Brock beating everyone except Cain, but i think Cain would loose to Carwin. I think JDS would beat Carwin, but loose to Cain. Hence the division is probably going to go around in circles for a while, with Mir hovering on the outskirts, until some new blood is signed up to give the division a boost.

Not that it desperately needs it, its the best it has ever been. But it can always get better.

I would like to see Overreem signed up quickly as possible. I would also be interested to see Werdum make a return, and in a little while, Cole Konrad. He is showing some good promise over in Bellator.

Within the UFC there isnt a whole lot of young blood that is setting the world on fire. Although i will be keeping my eye on Morecraft.

FOREVER SUPPORTING

Brock Lesnar
The Reem
Frank Mir
Matt Mitrione
Shogun
Rampage
Matt Hughes
Vitor Belfort
Rousimar Palhares
Gray Maynard
Dream-On-101 is offline  
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 05:49 PM
ROCKET FISTS
 
khoveraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,743
                     
Cain and JDS will sit ontop for a long time. JDS is only 26, he's insanely young and has already beat half the HW division. Cain I believe is 28, basically everyone else at HW is way over 30.

It's sort of like LHW where Shogun and Lyoto. Leagues above the competition but also younger.

WAR CIGANO



sig credit to Limba

lobster train.
khoveraki is offline  
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Lightweight
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,669
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post

It's sort of like LHW where Shogun and Lyoto. Leagues above the competition but also younger.
.......JBJ
MrObjective is offline  
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 915
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by swedish_fighter View Post
Brock was just untill recently the all out Fedor killer and the man ready to dominate UFC for a long time. If the year was like year 0 with sworlds and stuff he would have been the biggest man riding the biggest horse holding the biggest sword according to Dana. But Cain knocked him out. Now Cain is the new beast and the baddest man according to WWE superstar the undertaker. And probably according to UFC as well.

However history has shown that UFC fighter loses and new champions emerge. Only one thing remain tho, and that is the emperor, Fedor. He has stand the test of time and is still rocking it with the best of the world.

As for the thread: How will Cain do in order to keep his belt? Will he be able to keep it? Are he mentally up for the challange? Is he getting to old to keep the belt for a longer period? Should he do more BJJ/wrestling or should he focus on his standup? Is he going down in history as the new emperor or just an other UFC hype product or something else?

Also Cain and Cage sounds very much the same. Can this somehow mean that Cain was ment to be a cagefighter?
In a word, no. Cain is a real MMA fighter. The guy is the real deal - can throw and wrestle/grapple at a high level. JDS is the real deal. Fedor's the real deal. Brock's not. Never has been.
mastodon2222 is offline  
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 915
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream-On-101 View Post
I see the Heavyweight division with regards to the title playing out similarly too the Light Heavyweight division. I cant see one guy dominating for an extended period, rather i believe that the title will switch hands on a relatively regular basis.

I think you have a pretty clear top 4 in the UFC HW division - Cain, Brock, JDS and Carwin. Cain has beaten Brock and Brock has beaten Carwin. The ironic thing is that i have Brock beating everyone except Cain, but i think Cain would loose to Carwin. I think JDS would beat Carwin, but loose to Cain. Hence the division is probably going to go around in circles for a while, with Mir hovering on the outskirts, until some new blood is signed up to give the division a boost.

Not that it desperately needs it, its the best it has ever been. But it can always get better.

I would like to see Overreem signed up quickly as possible. I would also be interested to see Werdum make a return, and in a little while, Cole Konrad. He is showing some good promise over in Bellator.

Within the UFC there isnt a whole lot of young blood that is setting the world on fire. Although i will be keeping my eye on Morecraft.
Cain's not going to lose to Carwin. Carwin can bang, but he's got the puffed up/panicky adrenaline dump/ gassing out problem.
mastodon2222 is offline  
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 12:36 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 193
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by swedish_fighter View Post
Brock was just untill recently the all out Fedor killer and the man ready to dominate UFC for a long time. If the year was like year 0 with sworlds and stuff he would have been the biggest man riding the biggest horse holding the biggest sword according to Dana. But Cain knocked him out. Now Cain is the new beast and the baddest man according to WWE superstar the undertaker. And probably according to UFC as well.

However history has shown that UFC fighter loses and new champions emerge. Only one thing remain tho, and that is the emperor, Fedor. He has stand the test of time and is still rocking it with the best of the world.

As for the thread: How will Cain do in order to keep his belt? Will he be able to keep it? Are he mentally up for the challange? Is he getting to old to keep the belt for a longer period? Should he do more BJJ/wrestling or should he focus on his standup? Is he going down in history as the new emperor or just an other UFC hype product or something else?

Also Cain and Cage sounds very much the same. Can this somehow mean that Cain was ment to be a cagefighter?

......he just lost..?
MILFHunter947 is offline  
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 01:35 AM
The Mad Titan
 
Guy Incognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Following The Path To Jesus Set By His Disciple Vitor Belfort
Posts: 5,111
                     
cain and train sound similar, could that mean cain was meant to be a train driver?

Guy Incognito is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome