Dana need to work with his fighting divas. - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
MMA Smacktalk MMA Smacktalk is for all the cheering, jeering, and smack-talking that you want. This is the stuff that isn't appropriate for the MMA Discussion forum. Rules are light, so if you don't have a sense of humor, then don't go here!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Amatuer
 
swedish_fighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 187
                     
Dana need to work with his fighting divas.



There must be two to dance tango is a common saying here in Sweden. This is very true in MMA as well. Dana has been facing some serious problems latley tho, by a mob of angry fighters who say they won't fight their friends.

These are divas. But the number of divas has increased even further and today its becoming very common with fighters who is only fighting a few times a year. This makes fans unhappy and I see why.

If you are a freaking fighters, get your ass out there and fight. I can see why a fighter that just got rocked may need some resting and time to train and fix holes found during fight, but these who win in a few secounds.

These should be out there fighting again, again and again. So we viewers don't have to wait forever. Waiting a few months is too long for us mortals to wait in order to see our favourite fighter fight.

But as said earlier: there must be two to tango. And for this to happen Dana need to offer fighters more fights as well. He can probably do this by signing with hughe networks, putting more fighters on each "card" etc.

What do you think do fighters fight to little and act like divas or is it danas fault they so rarley fight? Would you like to see UFC fighters fight 5 times a year instead of 3? Do you prefer many new faces (fighters) or is it better having UFC fighters fighting over and over so you get to know them? What UFC diva(s) would you like to see participate more in the ring?
swedish_fighter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 09:01 PM
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Flint,Michigan
Posts: 1,806
                     
I would like to see fighters fight 5 times a year, but it really isn't up to anyone but the fighter. I can also see why training partners wouldn't want to fight each other either, again it's really up to the fighter. I don't really think there is a whole lot that Dana could do about any of these things.
Wookie is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 09:24 PM
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,821
                     
Fighters don't want to fight that often at least most of them competing at the highest levels. You are underestimating just how much of a fighter at the elite levels life gets put on hold during his camp preparing for a fight. Many of these guys are married and have families. You need to remember that fighting is there job. I don't know about you but I work to live not live to work.




"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is offline  
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 221
                     
It would be nice to have our favorite healthy fighters to be more active. i am happy that bj penn is staying very active this past year.
f4rtknock3r is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 12:20 PM
The Mad Titan
 
Guy Incognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Following The Path To Jesus Set By His Disciple Vitor Belfort
Posts: 5,111
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by swedish_fighter View Post


There must be two to dance tango is a common saying here in Sweden. This is very true in MMA as well. Dana has been facing some serious problems latley tho, by a mob of angry fighters who say they won't fight their friends.

These are divas. But the number of divas has increased even further and today its becoming very common with fighters who is only fighting a few times a year. This makes fans unhappy and I see why.

If you are a freaking fighters, get your ass out there and fight. I can see why a fighter that just got rocked may need some resting and time to train and fix holes found during fight, but these who win in a few secounds.

These should be out there fighting again, again and again. So we viewers don't have to wait forever. Waiting a few months is too long for us mortals to wait in order to see our favourite fighter fight.

But as said earlier: there must be two to tango. And for this to happen Dana need to offer fighters more fights as well. He can probably do this by signing with hughe networks, putting more fighters on each "card" etc.

What do you think do fighters fight to little and act like divas or is it danas fault they so rarley fight? Would you like to see UFC fighters fight 5 times a year instead of 3? Do you prefer many new faces (fighters) or is it better having UFC fighters fighting over and over so you get to know them? What UFC diva(s) would you like to see participate more in the ring?
everyone would be over-trained if they where to fight that many times a year.

Guy Incognito is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 12:36 PM
Featherweight
 
enceledus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Miami FL
Posts: 1,440
                     
seriously... GSP is pretty much fighting once a year at this point.

"Existence precedes essence"

- Jean Paul Sartre

My podcast/blog: http://lifeashumans.blogspot.com/

Funniest thing you may ever find on the internet: www.gentlemanbob.com

or look for gentlemanbob on facebook

NPFFL: Cain Velasquez, Demian Maia, Lyoto Machida, Joseph Benavidez
enceledus is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 03:36 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by enceledus View Post
seriously... GSP is pretty much fighting once a year at this point.
It's a joke really..
BobbyCooper is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 209
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
It's a joke really..
In my opinion the champ if healthy should be required to defend his belt 3 times a year.
Once every 4 months is not to much.
Kodiac26170 is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiac26170 View Post


In my opinion the champ if healthy should be required to defend his belt 3 times a year.
Once every 4 months is not to much.
Certainly not! It should be written down in the contract
BobbyCooper is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 292
                     
I think we'd see a more eager GSP if he were to suffer a loss.
MMA-Matt is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome