1st Time Brock Speaks since getting hit on the head with a Cain - Page 9 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
MMA Smacktalk MMA Smacktalk is for all the cheering, jeering, and smack-talking that you want. This is the stuff that isn't appropriate for the MMA Discussion forum. Rules are light, so if you don't have a sense of humor, then don't go here!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 107 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Featherweight
 
enceledus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Miami FL
Posts: 1,440
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftsound View Post
A) you're obviously very ignorant if you think hunting takes no skill even with a rifle. If you haven't actually done it yourself then how do you know it takes no skill?

What a bunch of liberal p****** in this thread....im discusted at how pussified society has become...
LOL! This type of post is what gives hunters that inbred moronic stereotype? I'm "pussified" because of my feelings on hunting? Because I don't see the point in killing an animal for no real reason other than sport, I'm not a real man? I grew up with manly homophobic, animal killing idiots like you.

And for your information, I've been hunting, and I found it to be rather barbaric and boring. And for whoever else was talking about slaughterhouses, yes I'm aware of the type of things that happen there, and don't agree with it. That's why I try to eat farm raised, and free range meats... but that's beside the point. Killing for food is one thing. Killing for sport is sick.

I love how people say "liberal pussies" liberal this, liberal that. There's a ton of statistical data to say that there is a positive trend with being "liberal", and having a higher degree of intelligence, and better education. But, I guess that makes me a *****.

Let's get in our trucks and go kill something. Yee haw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckeever View Post
I keep seeing these arguments repeated over and over again but i've seen barley any posts disagreeing with this?

People are fine with hunting for food. What people are not comfortable with is hunting for fun or pleasure, NOT FOR FOOD. That is what i have a problem with.

I'm an animal lover and killing or hunting animals just for fun makes me angry. If you're hunting for food, thats perfectly fine and normal, thats not what people have an issue with as ape city has pointed out numerous times.

"Existence precedes essence"

- Jean Paul Sartre

My podcast/blog: http://lifeashumans.blogspot.com/

Funniest thing you may ever find on the internet: www.gentlemanbob.com

or look for gentlemanbob on facebook

NPFFL: Cain Velasquez, Demian Maia, Lyoto Machida, Joseph Benavidez

Last edited by HitOrGetHit; 12-16-2010 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Double Post
enceledus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #82 of 107 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 02:35 PM
Lightweight
 
Fieos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,730
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
Indeed.

Now, trying to re-hijack this thread...

It's also funny that we are so ignorant that we think nature actually needs us to take care of overpopulation and the climate. We say we do it for nature, but in reality we do it for ourselves. Environmentalists don't care for the environment, they care for their natural habitat and ONLY that.
It is population control that limits disease, return of natural predators such as cougars to populated areas, it reduces the amount of car accidents involving deer, preserves crops, etc. Yeah we do it for us. If we didn't thin the herds they would move into populated areas and farm lands in large numbers. Pretty soon they'd have the corner on the market of low wage jobs, stand around in front of Home Depot, free ranging on our public schools and health care systems...

I see what I just did there....
Fieos is offline  
post #83 of 107 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
jasvll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,104
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape City View Post
What if I complain about hunting endangered animals? :P MMM...Siberian tigers are delicious!
Then you're not complaining about hunting for food. You're complaining about hunting X for food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Rogan
That longing to return to the retarded past can only be born of some collective, subconscious, internal desire to try to turn back the clock on humanity and halt our obvious progression towards the inevitable zombie apocalypse of 2012.
jasvll is offline  
post #84 of 107 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 03:35 PM
Flyweight
 
FrodoFraggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 390
                     
I don't have a great deal of respect for hunters that kill their prey from so far away. All it requires is patience and being good at a shooting range. At least he eats the meat, as trophy hunting is just absurd.

Sig Credit: Unknown
FrodoFraggins is offline  
post #85 of 107 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Colossal-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,202
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckeever View Post
I keep seeing these arguments repeated over and over again but i've seen barley any posts disagreeing with this?

People are fine with hunting for food. What people are not comfortable with is hunting for fun or pleasure, NOT FOR FOOD. That is what i have a problem with.

I'm an animal lover and killing or hunting animals just for fun makes me angry. If you're hunting for food, thats perfectly fine and normal, thats not what people have an issue with as ape city has pointed out numerous times.
In the end the people huting for "food" are still doing it somewhat for "pleasure". If you know hunting, then you know hunting isn't exactly an economic way of providing food. Most all people hunt and eat the meat, venison is great. But at the same time they may mount the head if it is trophy caliber. So usually it is for both.

So are you against fishing? Fishing for trophy bass or whatnot? The ones where you mount on your wall?

Its not like people are just out there running around killing and animals they come by. They need a license, they need a tag. Any given day it is a GREAT day if you actually get something. Its not just a bunch random shots at a bunch of animals.
jonnyg4508 is offline  
post #86 of 107 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Colossal-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,202
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoFraggins View Post
I don't have a great deal of respect for hunters that kill their prey from so far away. All it requires is patience and being good at a shooting range. At least he eats the meat, as trophy hunting is just absurd.
I don't respect commercial fishermen who use huge nets to catch the fish that is put in resturraunts and supermarkets. It is easy. They catch other unwanted creatures as they get tangled in the net. They should have to use a hook and worm for each fish.

Funny how people support commercial fishing, when in fact it kills waaaaaaaaay more animals that aren't even used for food then any sort of hunting. Actually cows and whatnot too. They raise the animals on a farm with no life of their own. They send them to the mass butcher...and they get rid of the defected ones. But hey hypocrisy is a bitch.

Last edited by jonnyg4508; 12-16-2010 at 04:22 PM.
jonnyg4508 is offline  
post #87 of 107 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 04:36 PM
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,589
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieos View Post
It is population control that limits disease, return of natural predators such as cougars to populated areas, it reduces the amount of car accidents involving deer, preserves crops, etc. Yeah we do it for us. If we didn't thin the herds they would move into populated areas and farm lands in large numbers. Pretty soon they'd have the corner on the market of low wage jobs, stand around in front of Home Depot, free ranging on our public schools and health care systems...

I see what I just did there....
As long as we can all agree that everything we do is because of self-preservation I'm happy. I never said it was a bad thing either... hell, I wouldn't want some deer roaming around my backyard eating all my vegetables and stealing my car.




Rookie Hammer Squad 2015
Frankie Edgar - Dominick Cruz - Jorge Masvidal - Cat Zingano - Holly Holm
Hammerlock2.0 is offline  
post #88 of 107 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Flyweight
 
FrodoFraggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 390
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
I don't respect commercial fishermen who use huge nets to catch the fish that is put in resturraunts and supermarkets. It is easy. They catch other unwanted creatures as they get tangled in the net. They should have to use a hook and worm for each fish.

Funny how people support commercial fishing, when in fact it kills waaaaaaaaay more animals that aren't even used for food then any sort of hunting. Actually cows and whatnot too. They raise the animals on a farm with no life of their own. They send them to the mass butcher...and they get rid of the defected ones. But hey hypocrisy is a bitch.
Bad analogy but feel free to try again.

Sig Credit: Unknown
FrodoFraggins is offline  
post #89 of 107 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 05:23 PM
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
                     
If you're against hunting, you're against this also:





Don't steal this pleasure from her....

.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline  
post #90 of 107 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Colossal-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,202
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoFraggins View Post
Bad analogy but feel free to try again.
How so?

If the real problem is that hunting for fun kills animals for no sensible reason other than trophys to be put up on the wall. Then the same products you buy in a store kills many innocent animals only for the purpose of being able to mass produce their product.

I don't see how 1 side is so wrong. And then one side isn't? Perhaps only because hunting is in view. While not many people really get to see cows getting knocked on teh head by sledgehammers?

Same thing. Only mass meat producers kill many more innocent/un-used animals than local hunters.

Hypocrisy.
jonnyg4508 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome