After Anderson loses to Belfort, will people use this excuse? - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
MMA Smacktalk MMA Smacktalk is for all the cheering, jeering, and smack-talking that you want. This is the stuff that isn't appropriate for the MMA Discussion forum. Rules are light, so if you don't have a sense of humor, then don't go here!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 10:12 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 590
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brydon View Post
Vitor is a very legitimate threat to Anderson. I could see him winning by KO, TKO or UD.
Vitors not wining this by ud he hasnt fought in over a year and he's never fought a 5 round fight, if he wins its probably going to be by tko in round 1 or 2, but the longer the fight lasts the less chance he has of wining.
TheReturn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 10:19 PM
The Mad Titan
 
Guy Incognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Following The Path To Jesus Set By His Disciple Vitor Belfort
Posts: 5,111
                     
Yes that will be their excuse.

Guy Incognito is offline  
post #33 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 10:22 PM
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,915
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmantyson View Post
'He was too old'. I'm just wondering if the same people who are now saying Anderson will completely destroy Belfort will say Anderson only lost because he was too old. I'd bet money this will be a popular excuse for the Andy fanboys on here. LOL
that excuse is easily rebutted when you point out that they are only two years and change apart in age.

the real question is, will people use the old "there are two vitors and the wrong one showed up" excuse when vitor loses to anderson?

Everybody good, plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
HexRei is offline  
post #34 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 10:34 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 590
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
the real question is, will people use the old "there are two vitors and the wrong one showed up" excuse when vitor loses to anderson?

Lol the wrong vitor will always show up when he has to fight Silva.
TheReturn is offline  
post #35 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 10:39 PM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 9,914
                     
So when Anderson KOs Vitor early will his fanboys(read as OP) say it's because he had such a long layoff?

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
post #36 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 02:30 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,079
Blog Entries: 1
                     
vitor is crap and just a name and has not fought in 2 years and that was at 205 and now he is vsing the p4p king in silva, what are YOU gonna do when silva dominates and beats vitor? and lol about you punching us all in the face about the motivation excuse, seriously dont quit your day job analysing boxing.


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is online now  
post #37 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 02:37 AM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 9,914
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmantyson View Post
belfort didn't wilt against lidell, in my opinion. he fought hard til the end. he was winning the fight til he got hit with one hell of a hook near the end of the fight which put him on his ass. he was winning the fight early but he definitely didn't overwhelm lidell. mid fight it was close but belfort didn't give up. when belfort comes into a big fight well trained and in good physical shape, he doesn't give up, not that i'v seen.
See Saku vs Belfort. Vitor broke his hand early and instead of pushing through it and fighting he flopped and butt scooted the rest of the fight. I lost a lot of respect for Vitor after that fight. Also Vitor looked phoned in against Hendo too, not to mention he pissed hot after that fight.

Bottom line is, from what I've seen of Vitor he's got Frank Mir syndrome. When things go as planned and he's controlling the fight he's on top of the world and looks amazing, but when the road gets rough or something isn't working he starts to fade and nothing is easy against Anderson Silva, aging or not.

Imho Vitor is tailor made for Anderson. Silva is an extremely accurate and power counter puncher that likes to hurt guys on the way in, back them up and finish(sometimes). Anderson has turned in his best fights against guys that come forward and want to fight Franklin, Forrest, Leben, Irvin, Hendo. Vitor will come in wild and throwing I see him getting tagged and hurt early and either going down there or Anderson taunting his way to another five rounder if Vitor decides to stop coming forward.

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
post #38 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 05:04 AM
Photobucket
 
Machida Karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Arizona!
Posts: 3,570
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmantyson View Post
'He was too old'. I'm just wondering if the same people who are now saying Anderson will completely destroy Belfort will say Anderson only lost because he was too old. I'd bet money this will be a popular excuse for the Andy fanboys on here. LOL
Wont need to

Sig credit to my Homie! limba!

Uncrowned P4P Kingpin
Jon "Bones" Jones
WAR ANTHONY PETTIS! WAR HENDERSON!
Machida Karate is offline  
post #39 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 05:29 AM
The Mad Titan
 
Guy Incognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Following The Path To Jesus Set By His Disciple Vitor Belfort
Posts: 5,111
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
See Saku vs Belfort. Vitor broke his hand early and instead of pushing through it and fighting he flopped and butt scooted the rest of the fight. I lost a lot of respect for Vitor after that fight. Also Vitor looked phoned in against Hendo too, not to mention he pissed hot after that fight.

Bottom line is, from what I've seen of Vitor he's got Frank Mir syndrome. When things go as planned and he's controlling the fight he's on top of the world and looks amazing, but when the road gets rough or something isn't working he starts to fade and nothing is easy against Anderson Silva, aging or not.

Imho Vitor is tailor made for Anderson. Silva is an extremely accurate and power counter puncher that likes to hurt guys on the way in, back them up and finish(sometimes). Anderson has turned in his best fights against guys that come forward and want to fight Franklin, Forrest, Leben, Irvin, Hendo. Vitor will come in wild and throwing I see him getting tagged and hurt early and either going down there or Anderson taunting his way to another five rounder if Vitor decides to stop coming forward.
Vitor threw the fight against sak.

Guy Incognito is offline  
post #40 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 06:26 AM
Lightweight
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,669
                     
Seems like the only fans of MMA (or rather people that dislike Anderson Silva) are the ones making the excuses.
MrObjective is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome