The "Styles Make Fights" Thread - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
MMA Smacktalk MMA Smacktalk is for all the cheering, jeering, and smack-talking that you want. This is the stuff that isn't appropriate for the MMA Discussion forum. Rules are light, so if you don't have a sense of humor, then don't go here!

Reply

Old 03-18-2007, 02:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned
 
JawShattera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,785
JawShattera is an unknown quantity at this pointJawShattera is an unknown quantity at this pointJawShattera is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU
Diego can and will beat GSP, here's why

I don't care what anyone says, GSP's standup is not the best there is. He is accurate, and quick, but he lacks power. Diego's standup is just as good as GSP's, maybe a little better considering Diego has more power behind his shots because of his stance and style.

I think the ground portion will be about equal if it goes to the ground at all. I think GSP can and will take Diego down as many times as Diego takes GSP down and I don't see either of them doing enough damage to each other to end the fight, unless it is late in the fight and one of them is already weak or injured.

I think Diego wins this by keeping it on his feet. His face is basically made of leather. In the Karo fight, Karo was hitting him with bombs, knocking his head back and making it double bounce, but he never broke his skin. I think both GSP and Diego are the most well rounded fighters in the division. I don't think GSP is the end all be all of MMA. He is very good, but I don't think he's as good as people think he is. He is still young, just like Diego, but Diego trains much harder from what I hear. Diego is never out of training for groin injuries or this or that, he trains constantly. Diego has more experience than GSP too, not against better opponents, he just has been in the game longer than GSP has. Watching GSP work his way up to the title made me realize how much motivation actually plays a factor in the fighters performance. I think GSP was so motivated and excited that he just outclassed Hughes. But Diego seems to be much more motivated than GSP ever was. GSP was very anxious and motivated, because you know it took so long for him to finally get a rematch with Hughes and all that. But Diego has been waiting even longer. He's about to get his 20th straight win, he's never lost EVER, he's beaten everyone the UFC has thrown at him and in devastating and convincing fashion, he blew through 3 people on the show to win it, and he still hasn't gotten a title shot yet. I think if Diego uses his motivation the same way GSP did, Diego will outclass GSP when they fight.

Anyone who thinks Diego sucks just because he was chosen to be on the show is retarded. Being on the show just gives him an advantage over GSP, in that he had all that time to do nothing but step up his game, and he prolly still trains like that to this day. GSP didn't have that luxury, and just because GSP wasn't on the show doesn't make him a better fighter. Diego is just as human as GSP is.



gsp would dominate diego.what superior tools does diego have over gsp and how would he use them to get a win here.

ive tried to think of any way diego could win here and ive came up with this:

his only chance to win at all is keeping the fight standing against a guy who's got just as good of standup as him and can take him down at will.


how does he win here?
JawShattera is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-18-2007, 02:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned
 
JawShattera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,785
JawShattera is an unknown quantity at this pointJawShattera is an unknown quantity at this pointJawShattera is an unknown quantity at this point
hey mods this isnt smacktalk or anything even close.Its an intelligent thread where where dicussing not only who would win a fight but exactly why there style would help them win.


please move it back to the ufc area.

Last edited by JawShattera : 03-18-2007 at 02:26 PM.
JawShattera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,648
Blog Entries: 3
WouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawShattera
gsp would dominate diego.what superior tools does diego have over gsp and how would he use them to get a win here.

ive tried to think of any way diego could win here and ive came up with this:

his only chance to win at all is keeping the fight standing against a guy who's got just as good of standup as him and can take him down at will.


how does he win here?
Read my whole post I told you exactly how and why Diego will win when they fight. GSP isn't some God or anything man. I think Diego is just as good as GSP, except Diego is more motivated, more aggressive, and trains harder.

What the **** is so goddamn special about GSP my god I am so sick of people just dismissing any of his opponents because they think GSP is on some whole other level or something. I guarantee you all when GSP fights Hughes and Diego, most of you nuthuggers are going to be crushed. Hughes beat GSP not too long ago by implementing his own gameplan and winning in the first round. Last time they fought Hughes went in and tried to beat GSP using a whole different gameplan, and obviously it didn't work. If Hughes is smart, their 3rd fight is going to be much much different, and I wouldn't expect to see Hughes getting TKOed this time around.

Don't get me wrong, GSP is good as hell, but people take it too far. He's only like 13-1 or something...who has he beaten to put him at a whole other level than every other welterweight who has walked the planet?

-He beat Hughes when Hughes tried to stand with him (Lots of decent fighter could have beaten Hughes in a kickboxing match)
-He beat BJ by a controversial split decision (probably wouldn't go the same in a rematch, BJ was gassed and GSP still couldn't do shit)
-He beat Sean Sherk (who is naturally 20-25 pounds lighter than him)
-He beat Karo, I'll give him that (but he almost got subbed)
-Jay Heiron??? (Jay Whoron?)
-His best fight was Frank Trigg and he made him look amatuer but so did Hughes and he did it twice.

GSP is 13-1

Diego is about to be 20-0

Hmmm...lemme think...why do I think Diego will win

Because the guy is 20-0 and never had a title shot that's why. He will not lose his first shot at the title.

Last edited by WouldLuv2FightU : 03-18-2007 at 05:13 PM.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned
 
JawShattera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,785
JawShattera is an unknown quantity at this pointJawShattera is an unknown quantity at this pointJawShattera is an unknown quantity at this point
I completely disagree with most of your points.



"you say thigns like they will take eachother down about the same. do the same gnp damage."


"that diego trains harder because he doesent stop training when he's injured like gsp......."




gsp's, wrestling ,td's, td defence, and gnp are so much better than diego.


there bjj is about the same.

your can make a good arguement either way as far as there striking goes.as far as there conditioning goes. I think gsp has better striking.


but comparing there wrestling and gnp is rediculous.gsp by a mile.did you see what he did to karo.the same guy diego bearly won against. thats just a testament of how different there wrestling and ground and pound is. and that was a very young/inexperienced gsp, first ufc fight i think even.

Not too mention countless other examples.

And as far as raw natural talent, explosiveness, power, speed gsp wins by a mile again.

Last edited by JawShattera : 03-18-2007 at 05:23 PM.
JawShattera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
CashKola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 510
CashKola is a jewel in the roughCashKola is a jewel in the roughCashKola is a jewel in the roughCashKola is a jewel in the roughCashKola is a jewel in the roughCashKola is a jewel in the roughCashKola is a jewel in the roughCashKola is a jewel in the roughCashKola is a jewel in the roughCashKola is a jewel in the roughCashKola is a jewel in the rough
Why is this in the smacktalk section? This should be in General MMA.
__________________
"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten
CashKola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned
 
JawShattera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,785
JawShattera is an unknown quantity at this pointJawShattera is an unknown quantity at this pointJawShattera is an unknown quantity at this point
I know posted that.


why would someone move this to smacktalk???


move it back,it isnt smack
JawShattera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,648
Blog Entries: 3
WouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawShattera
I completely disagree with most of your points.
That's cool, it's your opinion, but I'll try to explain more.



Quote:
Originally Posted by JawShattera
you say thigns like they will take eachother down about the same. do the same gnp damage.
Yup. Diego's GnP is just as good or better than GSP's. If you can't see that then your blind and/or biased as hell. Diego's GnP is some of the most intense GnP in the whole UFC, he just doesn't ever stop. Haven't you ever seen his fight with Diaz? GSP's GnP is good too, he's also had a couple fights where he looked relentless. Diego's had more though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JawShattera
that diego trains harder because he doesent stop training when he's injured like gsp.......
Yup, I don't know if you're disagreeing with me or what, but it's a proven fact. It's not my fault GSP is injury prone. It's a proven fact GSP has been injured during training and has had to postpone 2 of his fights now because of it. I haven't heard anything about Diego having to stop training and postpone fights because of "groin injuries" Waaaahh!!! Cry me a river.




Quote:
Originally Posted by JawShattera
gsp's, wrestling ,td's, td defence, and gnp are so much better than diego.
How do you figure this? I'll admit his wrestling might be superior, but only because of his incredible strength and size advantage, not because he is more talented. But like I already said, his GnP isn't as good as Diego's.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JawShattera
there bjj is about the same.
Yes, you're right here.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JawShattera
your can make a good arguement either way as far as there striking goes.as far as there conditioning goes. I think gsp has better striking.
This makes no sense. If you are saying GSP has better striking, you are wrong. If you are saying GSP has better conditioning, you're still wrong. Their striking is equal, Diego has more KO power, but GSP is more accurate and quick with less KO power, and nobody in the entire UFC has better cardio than Diego, nobody.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JawShattera
but comparing there wrestling and gnp is rediculous.gsp by a mile.
Just because you say it is better by a mile doesn't make it true. Where's the evidence that this is true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawShattera
And as far as raw natural talent, explosiveness, power, speed gsp wins by a mile again.
Same here...this is just a biased opinion, you provide no reasoning behind the statement. Yes, he has more speed and explosiveness, because he is HUGE for 170. But you can't say he has more raw natural talent, there's no way to prove or disprove that.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
WAR Irvin
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
ID06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Robbie Lawler bandwagon
Posts: 2,495
ID06 is on another level nowID06 is on another level nowID06 is on another level nowID06 is on another level nowID06 is on another level nowID06 is on another level nowID06 is on another level nowID06 is on another level nowID06 is on another level nowID06 is on another level nowID06 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU
and nobody in the entire UFC has better cardio than Diego, nobody.
you could not be more wrong
__________________


Fighters to watch
John Salter
Chris 'The Chronic' Conolley
Marcus 'The Bruiser' Brimage
Adrian 'Guard Yo Grill' Miles
Andy Roberts

ID06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,648
Blog Entries: 3
WouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Daisy06
you could not be more wrong
Who has better cardio than Diego???? Enlighten me.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:20 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned
 
JawShattera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,785
JawShattera is an unknown quantity at this pointJawShattera is an unknown quantity at this pointJawShattera is an unknown quantity at this point
ive provided some proof man. you just didnt quote any of it.



my opinion is based off watching there fights man, its not bias,it cant be i dont like one of them better than the other.

watch diego fight with karo and then watch gsp's fight with karo, watch how much better gsp's wrestling is and how much more damage he does to karo. karo got battered vs. gsp. gsp wasnt even as good then.

there arent any real other comparasins because diego has never fought anyone who's held the title ever, the guys gsp beats.
JawShattera is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios