I just can't stand GSP - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
MMA Smacktalk MMA Smacktalk is for all the cheering, jeering, and smack-talking that you want. This is the stuff that isn't appropriate for the MMA Discussion forum. Rules are light, so if you don't have a sense of humor, then don't go here!

Reply

Old 02-11-2011, 10:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
To the death George
 
DJ Syko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sunderland, UK
Posts: 2,306
DJ Syko Is Respected By All He CrossesDJ Syko Is Respected By All He CrossesDJ Syko Is Respected By All He CrossesDJ Syko Is Respected By All He CrossesDJ Syko Is Respected By All He CrossesDJ Syko Is Respected By All He CrossesDJ Syko Is Respected By All He CrossesDJ Syko Is Respected By All He CrossesDJ Syko Is Respected By All He CrossesDJ Syko Is Respected By All He CrossesDJ Syko Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Heres why the OP is complete fail.

GSP is 29

Silva is 36

When Silva was 29, what did his list of achievements look like, hmm? He was the cage rage MW champion.

He got flying scissor-ed in Pride.

Those are the most outstanding features of 29 year old Silvas fight career.

Meanwhile, at 29, GSP? ... need I go on?


lol. Utterly lol.
What? your whole argument of why this thread is fail is because GSP is younger? WTF? Randy Couture didnt even step in the cage until he was 35 and by that age GSP will probably be retired, so does that make Randys career worthless? your argument doesnt make any sense.
__________________
DJ Syko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-11-2011, 10:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
rmazzuca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 97
rmazzuca is on a distinguished roadrmazzuca is on a distinguished roadrmazzuca is on a distinguished roadrmazzuca is on a distinguished roadrmazzuca is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ytsephill View Post
Honestly, I think his fights are pretty boring to see. I was cringing hard at the Koschech one. Yawn.
I found the way he controlled Koscheck in that fight to be very entertaining. I have never seen someone utilize a jab like that. I love that GSP is always putting together very specific strategies for his fights.

GSP really is a next level fighter and always respectful, i dont think there is a better ambassador for the sport.

I think too many ppl get sucked into the flashiness of MMA and have crazy expectations.
rmazzuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 56
Azzan Needs A HugAzzan Needs A HugAzzan Needs A HugAzzan Needs A HugAzzan Needs A HugAzzan Needs A HugAzzan Needs A HugAzzan Needs A HugAzzan Needs A HugAzzan Needs A HugAzzan Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by limba View Post
MMA - Mixed Martial Arts!
GSP - one of the most complete, possibly the most complete fighter in the world right now!
Safe Pierre would be nothing without his TD, how well do u think he'll fight without using his TD? you already know the answer to that, so how can you say he is the one of the most complete fight in the world? lol
If he is so good, why can't he finish fights?
Alves, Hardy, etc would waste Safe Pierre in a kick boxing match any day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limba View Post
You don't find him exciting because he doesn't knoc people out! That would be my assumption.
But to say he's boring... you don't understand anything MMA is about.
No i don't find him exciting because he fights SAFE(even himself admitted it) and can't finish fights. He's got no ballz and i don't wanna see UFC fighter with no ballz, especially not a champion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limba View Post
If you wanna learn something about MMA, GSP's fights should be on the top of your "NEED TO STUDY THIS".
GSP-BJ, GSP-Alves, GSP-Fitch are great fights to watch and to learn something about MMA!
Yer GSP couldn't even take BJ(smaller/lighter) down in first round despite many attempts, until he cheated and got fully oiled up and whats so special about other decision wins? Maybe u should watch some Silva fights and see some real skill in MMA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limba View Post

Is this exciting enough for you?!
Honestly far more exciting than Safe Pierre lay n pray.. at least i can see those grass change/grow, Hardy looked identical on post fight interview.(compared to pre fight)

Last edited by Azzan : 02-11-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Azzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 876
anderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzan View Post
Safe Pierre would be nothing without his TD, how well do u think he'll fight without using his TD? you already know the answer to that, so how can you say he is the one of the most complete fight in the world? lol
Alves, Hardy, etc would waste Safe Pierre in a kick boxing match any day.
Sorry but this is a ridiculous comment. You are saying if you take away one of GSP's best attributes he becomes incomplete.... well duh? Also I think GSP would outstrike Hardy, and as a Brit and a huge Hardy fan I say that with confidence. Alot of people forget GSP came from a Karate and striking background.
anderton46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #15 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Big_Charm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 869
Big_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzan View Post
Safe Pierre would be nothing without his TD, how well do u think he'll fight without using his TD? you already know the answer to that, so how can you say he is the one of the most complete fight in the world? lol
If he is so good, why can't he finish fights?
Alves, Hardy, etc would waste Safe Pierre in a kick boxing match any day.


No i don't find him exciting because he fights SAFE(even himself admitted it) and can't finish fights. He's got no ballz and i don't wanna see UFC fighter with no ballz, especially not a champion.


Yer GSP couldn't even take BJ(smaller/lighter) down in first round despite many attempts, until he cheated and got fully oiled up and whats so special about other decision wins? Maybe u should watch some Silva fights and see some real skill in MMA.


Honestly far more exciting than Safe Pierre lay n pray.. at least i can see those grass change/grow, Hardy looked identical on post fight interview.(compared to pre fight)
I laughed at the first post because it was funny, now this is just going overboard.

If you watch any sport, specifically MMA... when two top athletes face off, it's always a chess match. At the highest level, one mistake can result in lights out even before you knew it happened.

\For GSP to dominate other fighters the way he does just shows how good his gameplans are and how well he executes them.

You mention Hardy beating GSP.... that's utterly ridiculous....Also, Penn has incredible TDD, that's why it took GSP a while to get him down. If anything, it was super impressive he EVEN got BJ down in the first place!

The only real times you see utter beat downs and domination in the MMA world is when one fighter is clearly on another level, outclassing their opponent(s).

I think you should have a better appreciation for MMA or just stop watching it altogether.
Big_Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:46 AM   #16 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,651
ACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Heres why the OP is complete fail.

GSP is 29

Silva is 36

When Silva was 29, what did his list of achievements look like, hmm? He was the cage rage MW champion.

He got flying scissor-ed in Pride.

Those are the most outstanding features of 29 year old Silvas fight career.

Meanwhile, at 29, GSP? ... need I go on?


lol. Utterly lol.
lol sorry but this truly is a sad argument, vitor was the UFC HW champ when he was 19! where was GSP in his career when he was 19??
ACTAFOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:51 AM   #17 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 56
Azzan Needs A HugAzzan Needs A HugAzzan Needs A HugAzzan Needs A HugAzzan Needs A HugAzzan Needs A HugAzzan Needs A HugAzzan Needs A HugAzzan Needs A HugAzzan Needs A HugAzzan Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by anderton46 View Post
Sorry but this is a ridiculous comment. You are saying if you take away one of GSP's best attributes he becomes incomplete.... well duh? Also I think GSP would outstrike Hardy, and as a Brit and a huge Hardy fan I say that with confidence. Alot of people forget GSP came from a Karate and striking background.
I was just replying to the comment, IF GSP was most the complete fighter i'm sure he'll still fight well even without using TD. e.g. Spider would still kick ass without using hands(or legs), cos he's got so many different weapons.

Cmon dude, GSP can't outstrike Hardy.. if he could why didn't he? Because he was playing very very SAFE? well too bad you can't use the word the "safe" and "exciting" in same sentence.

Last edited by Azzan : 02-11-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Azzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:53 AM   #18 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 8,192
Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Syko View Post
What? your whole argument of why this thread is fail is because GSP is younger? WTF? Randy Couture didnt even step in the cage until he was 35 and by that age GSP will probably be retired, so does that make Randys career worthless? your argument doesnt make any sense.
If the OP is going to use career achievements to discredit GSP, then their ages are completely relevant. For all we know, by 36, GSP might be finishing every opponent he comes across in devastating fashion, just like Silva.

Assuming both fighters began fighting at a similarly young age, I would say what GSP has achieved at 29 is damn impressive.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:53 AM   #19 (permalink)
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
limba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzan View Post
Safe Pierre would be nothing without his TD, how well do u think he'll fight without using his TD? you already know the answer to that, so how can you say he is the one of the most complete fight in the world? lol
Josh Koscheck fight last december! Does it say anything to you?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzan View Post
Alves, Hardy, etc would waste Safe Pierre in a kick boxing match any day.
Had their chances - didn't do anything!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzan View Post
No i don't find him exciting because he fights SAFE(even himself admitted it) and can't finish fights. He's got no ballz and i don't wanna see UFC fighter with no ballz, especially not a champion.

Yer GSP couldn't even take BJ(smaller/lighter) down in first round despite many attempts, until he cheated and got fully oiled up and whats so special about other decision wins? Maybe u should watch some Silva fights and see some real skill in MMA.

Honestly far more exciting than Safe Pierre lay n pray.. at least i can see those grass change/grow, Hardy looked identical on post fight interview.(compared to pre fight)
If you enjoyed that video so much, i'll throw in another one. The "Hyper Version"......even more exciting


Ok seriously:

Here is *Anderson Silva* after reading your post:



Moving on: *Takanori Gomi* after reading your post:



And finally, *Kenny Florian and Evan Dunham* (?) after reading your posts



Have a wonderful day! (year)

....... I'm too old for this s*t!
__________________
.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #20 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 876
anderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzan View Post
I was just replying to the comment, if GSP was most complete fighter, i'm sure he'll still fight well without using TD. e.g. Spider would still kick ass without using hands(or legs), cos he's got so many different weapons.

Cmon dude, GSP can't outstrike Hardy.. if he could why didn't he? Because he was playing very very SAFE? well too bad you can't use the word the "safe" and "exciting" in same sentence.
Of cousre he's played it 'safe' but are we confusing the word safe with clever? GSP has stated time and again he feels can trade with anyone on the feet but the odds of getting KO'd are always there.
anderton46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios