Barnett Would Beat Every UFC HW Except Cain - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
MMA Smacktalk MMA Smacktalk is for all the cheering, jeering, and smack-talking that you want. This is the stuff that isn't appropriate for the MMA Discussion forum. Rules are light, so if you don't have a sense of humor, then don't go here!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 02:55 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
marcthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,222
                     
If Barnett could pick up rogers like that imagine what he would do to struve.
marcthegame is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 02:57 AM
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 11,920
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
Excellent thread- one of the funniest I've ever seen here. Congrats.
I have a question that's non-MMA related. Who's ass am I looking at so we can all Google it...roflz!

Barnett would lose to JDS, maybe Brock. Mir vs Barnett would be a good tester to see where he's at in the pecking order. Matches I'd like to see. Thumbs up if you agree!

Big Foot vs Brock
Sergei vs Carwin
Bum Rogers vs Roy "doughboy" Nelson
Arlovski vs Crocop (battle of the fallen stars.)
Werdum vs Frank Mir
Barnett vs Mitrione (Oh the irony.)
Fedor vs JBJ at catchweight.
Overeem vs Cain and JDS and Brock.
No_Mercy is offline  
post #43 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 03:02 AM
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthegame View Post
If Barnett could pick up rogers like that imagine what he would do to struve.
Well obviously, a ridiculous statement deserves a ridiculous response. He wouldn't sub struve though bjj is his bread and butter you aren't getting an americana on a guy like that he would just punch him in the face a bunch of times from top position.
osmium is offline  
post #44 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 03:04 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
marcthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,222
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
Well obviously, a ridiculous statement deserves a ridiculous response. He wouldn't sub struve though bjj is his bread and butter you aren't getting an americana on a guy like that he would just punch him in the face a bunch of times from top position.
he will submit struve!
marcthegame is offline  
post #45 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 03:05 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,102
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthegame View Post
he will submit struve!
struve is crap so yes he would easily sub him, barnett handles big nog in his prime alright so struve is nothing


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #46 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 03:11 AM
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
                     
I don't remember him subbing Nog. I remember him losing the first fight and then being awarded the decision because Pride had stupid judging criteria that somehow allows for attempting a leglock in the final seconds to invalidate the rest of the fight and then soundly being defeated in the rematch. Most of his subs came against guys he completely dwarfed or who had next to no grappling skills off of their backs he is good at submissions he isn't a wizard by any means.
osmium is offline  
post #47 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 03:14 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
marcthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,222
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
I don't remember him subbing Nog. I remember him losing the first fight and then being awarded the decision because Pride had stupid judging criteria that somehow allows for attempting a leglock in the final seconds to invalidate the rest of the fight and then soundly being defeated in the rematch. Most of his subs came against guys he completely dwarfed or who had next to no grappling skills off of their backs he is good at submissions he isn't a wizard by any means.
I don't know man that was in 06-07......years later he did:
World Jiu-Jitsu No-Gi Championship 2009 - Ultra heavyweight (over 215 pounds)Gold[20][21]
Gracie Nationals Grappling Championships
Gracie US Nationals 2010 - 206 + lbs. / Advanced No-Gi: 1st place
marcthegame is offline  
post #48 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 03:25 AM
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthegame View Post
I don't know man that was in 06-07......years later he did:
World Jiu-Jitsu No-Gi Championship 2009 - Ultra heavyweight (over 215 pounds)Gold[20][21]
Gracie Nationals Grappling Championships
Gracie US Nationals 2010 - 206 + lbs. / Advanced No-Gi: 1st place
Brock Lesnar tapped Gonzaga like 8 months into training BJJ. Name 5 current great BJJ players who are real HWs. Jacare has beaten Werdum before.
osmium is offline  
post #49 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 03:28 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
marcthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,222
                     
Fedor
Werdum
barnett
Big Nog
Mir
marcthegame is offline  
post #50 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 03:30 AM Thread Starter
The Mad Titan
 
Guy Incognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Following The Path To Jesus Set By His Disciple Vitor Belfort
Posts: 5,111
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
Brock Lesnar tapped Gonzaga like 8 months into training BJJ. Name 5 current great BJJ players who are real HWs. Jacare has beaten Werdum before.
Thats been proven as false.

Guy Incognito is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome