Fedor vs. Kimbo?? - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
MMA Smacktalk MMA Smacktalk is for all the cheering, jeering, and smack-talking that you want. This is the stuff that isn't appropriate for the MMA Discussion forum. Rules are light, so if you don't have a sense of humor, then don't go here!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,515
                     
Fedor vs. Kimbo??

Would anyone support this fight? Both on losing streaks. Both small Heavyweights. Both have taken a beating by smaller guys and bigger guys. Both have good hands. Fedor would definitely have the ground advantage. Both will never be in the UFC (again). And let's face it, both have been a bit overrated.

And both would likely cash in.

I would pay to see it. Anyone down for this?
Calminian is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
marcthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,222
                     
I would pay to see it, but its ridiculous fedor would kill him. James toney vs anybody willing to trade with him would bee good to. Toney vs page,jds,etc if there willing to trade my money is on toney.
marcthegame is offline  
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 07:04 PM
All Eyez on Me
 
vilify's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 2,481
                     
As crazy as it sounds this would be an entertaining fight with both having a 50/50 chance at winning. Even though Fedor is the overall better fighter and can take Kimbo down and sub him with ease he probably wont. He will choose to stand and bang and to Fedor that means swing for the fences till someone drops. For that reason Kimbo may very well beat Fedor.

I'm not the biggest Fedor fan but a loss to Kimbo would be HORRIBLE for him and the entire Japanese MMA world. For that reason I say no just let him retire and not make a complete ass of himself.
vilify is offline  
post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Bantamweight
 
Mike28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 745
                     
Not at all.... Fedor is overrated IMO but he would destoy Kimbo standing. And if it went to the ground Fedor would get the submission very quick.

Top 10 Favorite Active Fighters
Anderson Silva
Jon Jones
Anthony Pettis
Pat Barry
Matt Mitrione
Gunnar Nelson
Mark Hunt
Carlos Condit
Chris Weidman
Rory MacDonald
Mike28 is offline  
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,515
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthegame View Post
I would pay to see it, but its ridiculous fedor would kill him. James toney vs anybody willing to trade with him would bee good to. Toney vs page,jds,etc if there willing to trade my money is on toney.
Toney's a joke.

I think Fedor tops Kimbo also, but would be very curious how this would play out. Kimbo can bang on the feet and he's fought some pretty tough guys.
Calminian is offline  
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
marcthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,222
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calminian View Post
Toney's a joke.

I think Fedor tops Kimbo also, but would be very curious how this would play out. Kimbo can bang on the feet and he's fought some pretty tough guys.
how are you going to say Toney is a joke when you know damn well if anyone was going to trade with him he would knock them out. James Toney would knock fedor out if he would trade with him. To me if your going to put kimbo in there and only base the fight where kimbo is striking u can't discredit toney. u give the same situation where no ground game just striking toney can beat more mma fighters hands down than kimbo.
marcthegame is offline  
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,515
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthegame View Post
how are you going to say Toney is a joke when you know damn well if anyone was going to trade with him he would knock them out. James Toney would knock fedor out if he would trade with him. To me if your going to put kimbo in there and only base the fight where kimbo is striking u can't discredit toney. u give the same situation where no ground game just striking toney can beat more mma fighters hands down than kimbo.
Eh, Nah, he's a joke at MMA. He's a decent Boxer. I suppose the Ray Mercer thing could happen again, but I doubt it. MMA is not boxing. It's chess compared to checkers. The striking is different. I doubt any fighters would be dumb enough to do what Silvia did. Even so, Mercer is an MMA joke as well, Kimbo proving that.
Calminian is offline  
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,515
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilify View Post
As crazy as it sounds this would be an entertaining fight with both having a 50/50 chance at winning. Even though Fedor is the overall better fighter and can take Kimbo down and sub him with ease he probably wont. He will choose to stand and bang and to Fedor that means swing for the fences till someone drops. For that reason Kimbo may very well beat Fedor.

I'm not the biggest Fedor fan but a loss to Kimbo would be HORRIBLE for him and the entire Japanese MMA world. For that reason I say no just let him retire and not make a complete ass of himself.
I doubt Fedor would take the fight, but he might. But he truly would have nothing to gain, but then again, he had nothing to gain from Henderson. The only plus would be the cash. I think this could actually be his biggest payday, especially with Zuffa promoting it.
Calminian is offline  
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
marcthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,222
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calminian View Post
Eh, Nah, he's a joke at MMA. He's a decent Boxer. I suppose the Ray Mercer thing could happen again, but I doubt it. MMA is not boxing. It's chess compared to checkers. The striking is different. I doubt any fighters would be dumb enough to do what Silvia did. Even so, Mercer is an MMA joke as well, Kimbo proving that.
Yes but if it was an all out striking war you do agree Toney has a better chance at beating Fedor than kimbo does?
marcthegame is offline  
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Latvia
Posts: 3,740
                     
Overrated or not, Kimbo wouldn't stand a chance.
Leed is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome