F*UCK YOU, matt hughes!!! - Page 10 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
MMA Smacktalk MMA Smacktalk is for all the cheering, jeering, and smack-talking that you want. This is the stuff that isn't appropriate for the MMA Discussion forum. Rules are light, so if you don't have a sense of humor, then don't go here!

Reply

Old 01-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #91 (permalink)
Curitiba Food and Liquor
 
swpthleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 16,167
Blog Entries: 14
swpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings System
Oh, trolling and dissect-a-post, how urbane.
__________________

Sig Credit to Toxic
swpthleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-06-2012, 11:34 AM   #92 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
BobbyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hi Desert
Posts: 234
BobbyD is a splendid one to beholdBobbyD is a splendid one to beholdBobbyD is a splendid one to beholdBobbyD is a splendid one to beholdBobbyD is a splendid one to beholdBobbyD is a splendid one to beholdBobbyD is a splendid one to beholdBobbyD is a splendid one to beholdBobbyD is a splendid one to beholdBobbyD is a splendid one to beholdBobbyD is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpillowxxjp View Post
No, poaching is killing animals illegally. IE : killing animals out of their seasons, killing endangered species. Leaving the animal is a crime, but wasting the meat is not. You can legally freeze it and never eat it, which would be wasting it, or simply throw it away and it is not a crime. It's kinda like them saying, u can hunt but u have to clean up after yourself.
Any violations of hunting/fishing/trapping laws is considered poaching. Look it up.

If my neighbor killed a deer, brought it home and froze it, and later disposed of it, I could call the authorities and he could be cited. Of course this is at the discretion of the warden or the judge(maybe he had a good excuse like his freezer went out and the meat spoiled) but the wanton waste violation still applies. It's more than cleaning up after yourself in the field.
BobbyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #93 (permalink)
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
limba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Material
I see the thread has somewhat derailed.
I may be a p*ssy, softy...or even a "tree hugger" lile someone suggested in a rep he left for me. No problem.


1. I understand the I idea of hunting, even though I am mostly against it.
And I don't consider what Hughes did as being hunting.
Staying hidden in the bushes, in a car, van, shelter, tree or whatever...100-200 meters (or even more...just to be extra safe) and pointing a fire-weapon at an unsuspecting animal, pulling the trigger and ...DOES NOT equal hunting for me.

Maybe I am naive or I just don't get this...but that's not hunting IMO.

2. The argument: "humans have been hunting for hundredths of thousand of years"...I find that one hilarious almost.
If anyone compares today's humans with those who lived then...and then brings out the "we're Hunters just like them" quote...I suggest he moved to Africa and starts living in a tribe, with the bushmen/tribe people, and go on a hunting trip with them through the savannah/jungle...with a spear or a knife...
Because that's the closest they'll get to being a "hunter".



This is hunting.
Those are Hunters.

3. I don't know how it is with the "keeping the wildlife population in check" thing, where most of you are living, especially those who explained the wildcats situation...and the whole "they're becoming dangerous for the humans living close by" thing...but, where I'm coming
from, we do things differently.
If animals, such as wildcats, grow in numbers, Instead of shooting them, we try and relocate them. To national parks, or isolated areas, in the mountains, woods etc...
And, the other thing: instead of having to deal with situations such as wild animals getting to close to your new home...that you just moved in, maybe it would be smarter to avoid moving in areas rich in wildlife, especially predators.
Because, almost everytime you here about encounters between humans and wild animals, it's because humans have moved into the animal's territory, invading its natural habitat: where it lived, hunts, breeds and raises it's offspring.
Humans have always been like this: invading areas, consuming the natural resources, killing the oposition/threats, extinguishing some species in the process and then moving on.
Story of our planet...

Wildcats may not be endangered right now, but so were the tigers, lions, cheetahs, leopards etc...one century ago. And boy...how many are left now...

I'll end this by saying.
It's a free world. Everyone is entitled to his own opinion. Everyone is free to do whatever he wants, if it's legal...even hunting.

But, the repercussions of today's actions will be visible in the future (2000-1900)...
I'm just glad I won't be around.

2100 anyone?!
__________________
.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #94 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
SmackyBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 954
SmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpillowxxjp View Post
Well, just because a family doesn't NEED it, doesn't mean it doesn't serve its purpose. A fair size doe could feed a family of 6 dinner for 2-3 days. And the meet tastes just like a steak depending on how well its prepared.
So, the purpose it serves is just giving them something they think is tasty? Not something they need? I don't see how that's any more moral or ethical than someone like Hughes taking pleasure in the satisfaction of stalking something. Both of them take part in the killing of an animal that they don't need to because it gives them some pleasure.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Soakked View Post
This thread has some obvious political talking points (from both sides) in it, but I don't think it should be such a black and white thing.

Lack of respect for life is a rather sad thing, and when you kill something for entertainment purposes you spit on all life itself. That's not political.

Obviously subjects such as these tend to pit one side against the other but even with valid points on both ends it would be hard to argue for killing just for the sake of killing.

You have the right to kill any animal that isn't under protected status pretty much; no one is changing that. However if you take it upon yourself to do so without valid reasoning then maybe that's something to self reflect on.

Personally I take the Natives approach to it.
Honestly, I understand this line of thought. But native hunter/gatherer societies kill animals because they need to for survival. Modern societies kill animals because they value the taste of meat over the animals life. So I don't really see a distinction between unnecessary killings that fuel someone's enjoyment.

What's the difference between a person eating meat when they don't have to solely in order to derive pleasure from the taste, and deriving pleasure from hunting? The act of killing is an inherent necessity for both, and the person makes a choice that their own enjoyment is worth it.


Btw, I'm not trying to call everyone who eats meat a monster or anything. I just don't understand people who eat meat being disgusted by stuff like this and getting into a moral outrage over it. And Soakked, I'm not aiming this all at you just because I quoted your post. I realize you've gone through some introspection on this from your previous posts. I just wanted to respond to your post because it mentioned a native approach.
__________________
Some people think that they can convey either a philosophy on life or a complex political statement using a signature on the internet. I'm not one of them.
SmackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #95 (permalink)
box
Come and Take em
 
box's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wa
Posts: 2,482
box Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by limba View Post
I see the thread has somewhat derailed.
I may be a p*ssy, softy...or even a "tree hugger" lile someone suggested in a rep he left for me. No problem.


1. I understand the I idea of hunting, even though I am mostly against it.
And I don't consider what Hughes did as being hunting.
Staying hidden in the bushes, in a car, van, shelter, tree or whatever...100-200 meters (or even more...just to be extra safe) and pointing a fire-weapon at an unsuspecting animal, pulling the trigger and ...DOES NOT equal hunting for me.

Maybe I am naive or I just don't get this...but that's not hunting IMO.

2. The argument: "humans have been hunting for hundredths of thousand of years"...I find that one hilarious almost.
If anyone compares today's humans with those who lived then...and then brings out the "we're Hunters just like them" quote...I suggest he moved to Africa and starts living in a tribe, with the bushmen/tribe people, and go on a hunting trip with them through the savannah/jungle...with a spear or a knife...
Because that's the closest they'll get to being a "hunter"
Nothing funnier than a hunter who puts up a feed stand, sits in his little blind and says hes a hunter. Or the guys who use dogs to track and corner. Lazy people everywhere.
__________________
_________________________________________________

_________________________________________________
box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #96 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Soakked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,442
Soakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackyBear View Post
So, the purpose it serves is just giving them something they think is tasty? Not something they need? I don't see how that's any more moral or ethical than someone like Hughes taking pleasure in the satisfaction of stalking something. Both of them take part in the killing of an animal that they don't need to because it gives them some pleasure.




Btw, I'm not trying to call everyone who eats meat a monster or anything. I just don't understand people who eat meat being disgusted by stuff like this and getting into a moral outrage over it. And Soakked, I'm not aiming this all at you just because I quoted your post. I realize you've gone through some introspection on this from your previous posts. I just wanted to respond to your post because it mentioned a native approach.
I hear ya and have addressed that myself. Personally I eat mostly chicken and fish but that doesn't make it any better either way. One could make the same argument for shoes (leather) and fur. Or even beauty products (most of which use animals as guinea pigs). You can even go as far as saying industrialization and capitalism (or any growth based economy) with the mining of resources, the destruction of pristine environments and habitats and such. The point is that the web is longer and deeper than most think. Almost anything that composes of modern civilization has come at the cost of environment, animals and underprivileged humans.

That makes everyone a hypocrite including vegetarians, because unless you are living the anarco-primitist life then you are a perpetrator. To have moral objection to one and not the other is but a choice, like they say pick your fights wisely. The human species have prided themselves at overcoming the dangers of weather patterns, famine (if you are a first world country) and animal predators. They also pride themselves at technological advances that makes their lives easier but makes them more dependent (or reliant) on the system.

There will be a time when we all will face up to it whether it's in the thoughts of the individual or not. We live in a planet with finite resources and a delicate eco-balance which we have taken for granted and sold as a commodity. True wealth isn't the idea of materialistic luxuries but rather the beauty and experience of being alive with a family of other sentient beings. It is a gift that is given to us through either some higher power or random case of events, either way a gift nonetheless.

That might seem to some as tree huggerish but only in a society that values martyrdom more than life.

Be well my bro.
__________________
"Let them see that their words can cut you, and you'll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can't hurt you with it anymore." - Tyrion Lannister
Soakked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #97 (permalink)
WIDE OPEN
 
The Horticulturist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Elsweyr, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,966
The Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings System
I have 6 stories of people who have had their dogs killed by wild cats and coyotes. Predatory animals in residential areas = mauled pets, endangered children, and terrified adults.

It's absolutely necessary to hunt them in many regions to keep populations down. From my personal experience, living in a place that has had problems with coyotes and cougars, there isn't much of an option on this topic.

You hunt them, or you let someone else hunt.

If neither happens, our quality of life simply goes down. Kids, pets, and livestock start getting picked off just like they always did, and we revert to pre-1900's conditions.

Humans **** with animals way too much, I couldn't agree more. But considering the attrocities that are happening in every corner of the world to 'live'stock - this particular argument is preposterously overblown.

Living in a city might solve the issue of needing to hunt. I doubt it would do much good in the long-run though.. since living in a city is about 50x as damaging to the environment as it is to live off the land in a rural area such as mine.

Maybe we should hurry up and colonize the moon so we can let all of these animals run free again? That's probably the most realistic option we have right now.

In my correct opinion, a bobcat isn't going to invent a cure for cancer anytime soon. So as bleak as things look for our future, I'll take my chances with the humans in this life.

If it was me who saw that bobcat, I would not have enjoyed killing it like Hughes probably did. However, I would have absolutely done it out of responsibility to my community.
The Horticulturist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #98 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Soakked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,442
Soakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Humans **** with animals way too much, I couldn't agree more. But considering the attrocities that are happening in every corner of the world to 'live'stock - this particular argument is preposterously overblown.

Living in a city might solve the issue of needing to hunt. I doubt it would do much good in the long-run though.. since living in a city is about 50x as damaging to the environment as it is to live off the land in a rural area such as mine.
Very well said. Your whole post is pretty much on point.
__________________
"Let them see that their words can cut you, and you'll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can't hurt you with it anymore." - Tyrion Lannister
Soakked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #99 (permalink)
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
limba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
I have 6 stories of people who have had their dogs killed by wild cats and coyotes. Predatory animals in residential areas = mauled pets, endangered children, and terrified adults.

It's absolutely necessary to hunt them in many regions to keep populations down. From my personal experience, living in a place that has had problems with coyotes and cougars, there isn't much of an option on this topic.

You hunt them, or you let someone else hunt.

If neither happens, our quality of life simply goes down. Kids, pets, and livestock start getting picked off just like they always did, and we revert to pre-1900's conditions.

Humans **** with animals way too much, I couldn't agree more. But considering the attrocities that are happening in every corner of the world to 'live'stock - this particular argument is preposterously overblown.

Living in a city might solve the issue of needing to hunt. I doubt it would do much good in the long-run though.. since living in a city is about 50x as damaging to the environment as it is to live off the land in a rural area such as mine.

Maybe we should hurry up and colonize the moon so we can let all of these animals run free again? That's probably the most realistic option we have right now.

In my correct opinion, a bobcat isn't going to invent a cure for cancer anytime soon. So as bleak as things look for our future, I'll take my chances with the humans in this life.

If it was me who saw that bobcat, I would not have enjoyed killing it like Hughes probably did. However, I would have absolutely done it out of responsibility to my community.
I hear ya. Like I've said: different countries, different people, different cultures, different habbits. Where I'm from "hunting" is not as spread, nore is the culture of having guns...

Still...i can't ignore Hughes's stupid smile in that pic...like he achieved something remarkable...and than reading his comments....it makes you wonder...
Why?
__________________
.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #100 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Soakked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,442
Soakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By All
Hughes is a prick and always will be. About the only time he isn't a prick is when he loses. You have to beat the humbleness out of him

Still give him props however and he's one ground and pounder that I loved seeing.
__________________
"Let them see that their words can cut you, and you'll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can't hurt you with it anymore." - Tyrion Lannister
Soakked is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios