I have been waiting for this for a while. I have not played online for a couple of weeks just because of the quitters. So the patch is finally coming. Here is what is included:
While aware that the upcoming patch for UFC 2009 Undisputed would address the issue with quitting in online matches it was unknown what else would be included. THQ has now released the full details of what will be in the patch in the game’s forum. As to when it will go live it appears it has not yet been sent for certification meaning it is still at least another couple weeks away from arriving.
* We recognize premature match quitting as the biggest online issue and have taken steps to fix it. The Patch will have integrated code that detects who pulls the cable and will assign a Loss as well as a Did Not Finish to that player. The DNF is only counted for the player who executes the disconnection. The DNF rate will be displayed on the fighter selection screen of the Online Ranked Match. When disconnected the Winning Streak is also reset to 0.
* We’ve adjusted Ranked Matches to match up players with better connections, which will improve lag issues we’ve seen to date.
* We’ve adjusted the difficulty of performing submissions against AI opponents to improve the balance of subs vs. striking when playing against the AI.
* We’ve adjusted the Flash KO rate so that they are less frequent.
* We’ve increased maximum number of points awarded in online play from 99,999 to 999,999 and we’ve increased the Max Level from 100 to 200.
* We’ve lowered the Winning Streak Bonus Max from 5 to 3.
* We’ve removed the decimal places on the Leaderboard Winning Percentage so we only show whole percentages.
* We’ve addressed the CAF cheat so the skill levels in CAF cannot be cheated and increased. Also any CAF with unfair point values will no longer be able to be used Online.
* For PS3 users we’ve also fixed a bug that causes a freeze during auto-save; whichever controller was used to Press Start on the Title Screen will be identified as the main controller.
Outside of the online quitting problem I’m most pleased to see that they’ve worked on actually being able to submit the CPU which is impossible or at least seems to be. Nothing else stands out as major but the game didn’t have any other huge flaws to speak of.
I found this here http://www.pastapadre.com/9248/ufc-2009-patch-details