Muay Thai Kick Exercises - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Muay Thai Kickboxing Discuss Muay Thai Kickboxing technique, training, equipment and videos!

Reply

Old 05-11-2013, 08:58 PM   #31 (permalink)
....Omar Comin'
 
El Bresko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 4,797
El Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings System
nice, man. You look like you are improving a bit. don't worry about trying to kick high until your technique is better, just keep practising low kicks and body kicks. practise the wide forward step (kinda like a diagonal direction) with your right foot and throw the left leg into it. You can step forward with your left and throw a right kick better aswell.

It doesn't look like your guard is strong at all, if we were wearing gloves and I hit your glove, you would basically punch your own face. Just focus on keeping your arms strong.
__________________






El Bresko is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 05-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #32 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 49
Withers has a little shameless behaviour in the pastWithers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
nice, man. You look like you are improving a bit. don't worry about trying to kick high until your technique is better, just keep practising low kicks and body kicks. practise the wide forward step (kinda like a diagonal direction) with your right foot and throw the left leg into it. You can step forward with your left and throw a right kick better aswell.

It doesn't look like your guard is strong at all, if we were wearing gloves and I hit your glove, you would basically punch your own face. Just focus on keeping your arms strong.
thanks a lot man. you are right my guard in those videos was basically non-existent. is there anything im doing blatantly wrong in these videos with my kicks? am i hitting with the right part of my shin? my coach always keeps stressing me to "stay tall" when im kicking and to not be ashamed of my height. he also explains that the kick is like a baseball bat. was i high enough on my toes when throwing the kicks? thanks a lot man im having tons of fun and now my shins don't hurt when i hit the bag haha
Withers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #33 (permalink)
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,123
No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
Kru Bresko ftw! Now teach em some combos. Lets start with my favorite.

1,2 then superman, chain into spinning back fist, and finish with left high kick. I also add in a left side kick.

Everyone will be like...wtf!

or 4, 3, 4, 3(body shot combos) right low kick.
__________________
Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?
Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #34 (permalink)
....Omar Comin'
 
El Bresko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 4,797
El Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers View Post
thanks a lot man. you are right my guard in those videos was basically non-existent. is there anything im doing blatantly wrong in these videos with my kicks? am i hitting with the right part of my shin? my coach always keeps stressing me to "stay tall" when im kicking and to not be ashamed of my height. he also explains that the kick is like a baseball bat. was i high enough on my toes when throwing the kicks? thanks a lot man im having tons of fun and now my shins don't hurt when i hit the bag haha
you are high enough on your toes, you need to focus on keeping your right hand up while throwing the kick and even use more of a swinging motion with your left arm. like really thrust it down, it helps a lot with the turning of your hips. when you land the kick you want your leg to be straight, that's why you can't throw high kicks because you don't have the flexibility or form yet, aim low, and make sure your leg is straight when you land the kick (hence, the baseball bat analogy)

when throwing more than one kick from the same side, keep all of your weight on your front leg, your rear foot should be almost on your toes (to emphasise that there's no weight on your back leg), then throw the kick and instead of returning to your stance after landing the kick, let your rear leg sit maybe 4-5cms further back than normal and then throw the kick, you'll notice you don't have to reset and it's much faster.

you should practise your right teep more aswell, it's good to throw the teep than as your right leg hits the ground you throw the left kick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
Kru Bresko ftw! Now teach em some combos. Lets start with my favorite.

1,2 then superman, chain into spinning back fist, and finish with left high kick. I also add in a left side kick.

Everyone will be like...wtf!

or 4, 3, 4, 3(body shot combos) right low kick.
i'm not a huge fan of the superman punch and spinning back fist is illegal in Muay Thai, you can only hit someone with the knuckle area of your glove.
__________________






El Bresko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:13 AM   #35 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 49
Withers has a little shameless behaviour in the pastWithers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
Kru Bresko ftw! Now teach em some combos. Lets start with my favorite.

1,2 then superman, chain into spinning back fist, and finish with left high kick. I also add in a left side kick.

Everyone will be like...wtf!

or 4, 3, 4, 3(body shot combos) right low kick.
haha his information has been so easy to understand it's been helping me a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
you are high enough on your toes, you need to focus on keeping your right hand up while throwing the kick and even use more of a swinging motion with your left arm. like really thrust it down, it helps a lot with the turning of your hips. when you land the kick you want your leg to be straight, that's why you can't throw high kicks because you don't have the flexibility or form yet, aim low, and make sure your leg is straight when you land the kick (hence, the baseball bat analogy)

when throwing more than one kick from the same side, keep all of your weight on your front leg, your rear foot should be almost on your toes (to emphasise that there's no weight on your back leg), then throw the kick and instead of returning to your stance after landing the kick, let your rear leg sit maybe 4-5cms further back than normal and then throw the kick, you'll notice you don't have to reset and it's much faster.

you should practise your right teep more aswell, it's good to throw the teep than as your right leg hits the ground you throw the left kick.



i'm not a huge fan of the superman punch and spinning back fist is illegal in Muay Thai, you can only hit someone with the knuckle area of your glove.
what is a right teep? also, how do i become more flexible? thanks a lot man you've helped so much.
Withers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:54 AM   #36 (permalink)
....Omar Comin'
 
El Bresko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 4,797
El Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings System
a right teep for a southpaw fighter is your lead leg front push kick.

__________________






El Bresko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #37 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 49
Withers has a little shameless behaviour in the pastWithers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
a right teep for a southpaw fighter is your lead leg front push kick.

Thank you so much Bresko
Withers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios