MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   Other MMA & Amateur MMA (http://www.mmaforum.com/other-mma-amateur-mma/)
-   -   I just had a fight (http://www.mmaforum.com/other-mma-amateur-mma/3219-i-just-had-fight.html)

Evil 10-02-2006 05:15 AM

I just had a fight
 
I just fought an MMA fight and a very weird thing happened.. I was injured before the fight (shoulder injury) and i was gonna do standup in this fight coz if i was gonna get hurt again it would be in wrestling. Anyway, i went in there and noticed that i could end the fight standing whenever i wanted to but i didnt.. the guy was better than me on paper (had 12 more fights) but he couldnt hurt me.. he couldnt take me down, i rocked him with every punch i threw and then it happened... I didnt want to knock him out.... Never happened to me before, I just threw like sparring punches just to make him back off so i could stalk him and throw some more soft punches.. I was sure that i was gonna win the fight so i let i go to a decision and got the win but still... Never had such a weird fealing before, like i was fighting a newbie in my camp and tried to teach him how to box... Really weird..

WouldLuv2FightU 10-02-2006 07:26 AM

Congratulations!

But you should have KHTFO! Nah, I'm just playing. But was your feeling like you would feel bad for him if you knocked him out, or you we afraid to (for WHATEVER reason, not makin fun of you), or you just didn't want to?

Evil 10-02-2006 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU
Congratulations!

But you should have KHTFO! Nah, I'm just playing. But was your feeling like you would feel bad for him if you knocked him out, or you we afraid to (for WHATEVER reason, not makin fun of you), or you just didn't want to?


Ive knocked guys out many times before both in MMA fights and street fights. it was more like i felt bad for him.. He was really trying and i played with him and he was the favorite coming in to the fight.. Very strange feeling

The Don 10-02-2006 11:14 AM

just because someone has more fights does not make them a better fighter or even more "Expereinced" plus there could have been other mental factors holding you back.. for instance you said you had an injury.. part of it could have been you were holding back for fear of injuring yourself futher espically when in this case it seems you were the better fighter.

Steve-d 10-02-2006 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Don
just because someone has more fights does not make them a better fighter or even more "Expereinced" plus there could have been other mental factors holding you back.. for instance you said you had an injury.. part of it could have been you were holding back for fear of injuring yourself futher espically when in this case it seems you were the better fighter.

i agree, the body/mind can do this on its own sometime you might not even notice your trying to be carefull but you are.

TheSuplexor 10-02-2006 08:21 PM

some people just weren't made for hurting people.... nice work though

cabby 10-03-2006 12:34 PM

congrats evil!:thumbsup:

3DLee 10-03-2006 01:46 PM

Good job on your fight. Was it recorded so we could see it?

Evil 10-03-2006 04:36 PM

Yes it was recorded, i should get it in a week or so

Evil 10-03-2006 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doublelegtakedown
some people just weren't made for hurting people.... nice work though


Thats just the problem that i was talking about, Ive never had this problem before. Thats what the thread was about


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2