MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   Other MMA & Amateur MMA (http://www.mmaforum.com/other-mma-amateur-mma/)
-   -   Sumo (http://www.mmaforum.com/other-mma-amateur-mma/364-sumo.html)

The Don 06-10-2006 03:17 PM

Sumo
 
I am just surprised this has not been brought up anywhere? What do you all think of Sumo events. I kinda like them they are slow to watch but once the action starts can be quite exciting and very physical at times.:)

rana 06-11-2006 06:33 AM

i know its a bit weird but i like sumo too, i watch it on eurosport but i dont know wats going on really!

The Don 06-11-2006 10:08 AM

the rules in sumo are actually kinda simple, you either need to push or throw your opponent out of the circle or knock him off thier feet, there is no punching or kicking, it is mainly a game of leverage ,power, and speed.

rana 06-11-2006 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Don
the rules in sumo are actually kinda simple, you either need to push or throw your opponent out of the circle or knock him off thier feet, there is no punching or kicking, it is mainly a game of leverage ,power, and speed.

thanx! i do know that there's this move for little sumos, well just smaller then their opponent which they can use to push the other over, which i absolutely love!

The Don 06-11-2006 11:04 AM

yea Sumo is one of the oldest and contonious organized competitions in the world with lots of tradation to it, plus I think they now allow the competitors to wear spandex shorts under thier belts so people do not have to look at thier butts, this ws done though in order to attract new competitors who might be to shy about wrestling in a diaper, hell the greeks and romans wrestled nude I guess the japanese are a bit more modest

rana 06-12-2006 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Don
yea Sumo is one of the oldest and contonious organized competitions in the world with lots of tradation to it, plus I think they now allow the competitors to wear spandex shorts under thier belts so people do not have to look at thier butts, this ws done though in order to attract new competitors who might be to shy about wrestling in a diaper, hell the greeks and romans wrestled nude I guess the japanese are a bit more modest

lol i definately think so, the japanese are very modest, but to me if u want to keep up a tradition like sumo or bull fighting, just an example they shouldnt change anything.
its wat we all associate sumo with, butts!
but i really think i wouldnt want to see men wrestling naked, well maybe :P.
i think sumo has started to become a bit extinct around the world but people should really watch it, its honorouble and people can learn alot about japan itself.
kewl!
sorry i'm just getting some really horrible flashbacks!

The Don 06-12-2006 10:29 AM

actually it is gaining in popularity, schools are starting to pop up in many different countries, like England the US and Russia plus elsewhere around the world, Sumo is real pardon the pun, big in Hawaii

adminmma 06-12-2006 10:56 AM

You have more of a chance of seeing me SUMO if i have spandex on. Other than that, my hide can only be bought :laugh:

You dont see too much sumo coverage on tv.

The Don 06-12-2006 11:54 AM

true you don't but when it is on it usully on for hours, most people find it boring cause there is like 20 minutes between matches and the matches last on average 30 seconds but it is an exciting 30 seconds

rana 06-12-2006 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adminmma
You have more of a chance of seeing me SUMO if i have spandex on. Other than that, my hide can only be bought :laugh:

You dont see too much sumo coverage on tv.

is it a good butt?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2