"Iron Mike" to fight "Iron Head" at NYE? - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Other MMA & Amateur MMA Have something else to add or discuss about Mixed Martial Arts? This is the place to discuss the up-and-coming promotions and/or fighters most people don't know about!

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 08:02 AM Thread Starter
LHW Champ
 
Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 781
   
"Iron Mike" to fight "Iron Head" at NYE?

There has been much speculation as to whom Mike Tyson may face at Pride’s New Year’s Eve Shockwave event.

MMA Universe roving reporter Rohit Verma, found this while scouring the net for the latest MMA news, see attached image.

This article in a Chinese & Macao newspaper staties that Tyson will fight Kazuyuki Fujita at Pride: Shockwave 2006.

So far this is only a rumour and there are plenty of them flying around at the moment. In fact only the other day we heard that Tyson has already been matched with…

Sorry to tease, but we have promised not to say any more until a bit nearer the time.



The Grapevine: "Iron Mike" to fight "Iron Head" at NYE? - MMAUniverse.com
Evil is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 11:30 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
cabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,806
                     
How about that. Tyson vs. Fujita a possibility.....Never thought I would hear something like that. I just can't see Tyson as a good MMA fighter. But he definitely has the tools If he just uses and practices them hardcore. Hope he trains harder than he did toward the end of his boxing career
cabby is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
LHW Champ
 
Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 781
   
would be nice to see Tyson get spanked again, but the rumor is from grapevine so there is a very little chance of that fight happening
Evil is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 01:09 AM
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
 
Organik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,458
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil
There has been much speculation as to whom Mike Tyson may face at Pride’s New Year’s Eve Shockwave event.

MMA Universe roving reporter Rohit Verma, found this while scouring the net for the latest MMA news, see attached image.

This article in a Chinese & Macao newspaper staties that Tyson will fight Kazuyuki Fujita at Pride: Shockwave 2006.

So far this is only a rumour and there are plenty of them flying around at the moment. In fact only the other day we heard that Tyson has already been matched with…

Sorry to tease, but we have promised not to say any more until a bit nearer the time.



The Grapevine: "Iron Mike" to fight "Iron Head" at NYE? - MMAUniverse.com

Why not Tyson vs Sapp it was supposed to happen a while back.. what happened?
Organik is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 01:11 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
cabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,806
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Organik
Why not Tyson vs Sapp it was supposed to happen a while back.. what happened?
I'd much rather see that match-up rather than with Fujita.
cabby is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 04:12 PM
Flyweight
 
speedythief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Posts: 457
 
Tyson would only have to hit Sapp once and he'd stop fighting and curl up in the ring crying (again).
speedythief is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 02:34 PM
Flyweight
 
sherdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 253
 
I'm speechless! Maybe Tyson will be awesome! Everyone knows that he would do some damage if it was a street fight. MMA is much more simular to a street fight than a boxing match.
sherdog is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Lightweight
 
TheJame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,615
                     
I wouldn't even bother getting excited about this until it's an officially inked, done deal.
TheJame is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 08:33 PM
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your mom's box
Posts: 663
                   
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedythief
Tyson would only have to hit Sapp once and he'd stop fighting and curl up in the ring crying (again).

Did that fight remind anyone else of Mike Tyson's Punch Out? Cro Cop looked like Lil Mac in there with Sapp's Sandman...lol

BTW, Cro Cop shattered Sapp's orbital bone with that shot so pretty much anyone would curl up & start crying in that situation.
Pr0d1gy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome