MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   Other MMA & Amateur MMA (http://www.mmaforum.com/other-mma-amateur-mma/)
-   -   second fight went horribly wrong for me :-/ (http://www.mmaforum.com/other-mma-amateur-mma/62488-second-fight-went-horribly-wrong-me.html)

solidxpanda 09-12-2009 11:30 PM

second fight went horribly wrong for me :-/
 
so i had my second fight tonight against a guy that's 5-0. stand up was good. i felt like i was getting the better half of him. then he took me down. and started throwing punches down from my guard. and it was just to over whelming i guess. wasn't used to getting punched at from guard and i couldn't think of what to do. and i got tko'd in the first round.
i feel like i let everyone that came to see me down. most importantly myself.
just gotta train harder...
this post is pointless!

HaVoK 09-12-2009 11:56 PM

I wouldnt say it is a pointless post if it made you feel better. Obviously you felt like sharing and Im sure it gave you some relief. Hang in there...happens to the best of them.

name goes here 09-13-2009 12:39 AM

Not pointless at all.
Keep trying man, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!

Darkwraith 09-13-2009 12:45 AM

not pointless at all man. As long as you got to vent you will only improve for next time! :thumbsup:

solidxpanda 09-13-2009 01:03 AM

sweet, thanks guys!
guess this means hitting the gym and working harder! i feel like i didn't dedicate myself enough to this fight.
PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT.

Darkwraith 09-13-2009 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solidxpanda (Post 995647)
sweet, thanks guys!
guess this means hitting the gym and working harder! i feel like i didn't dedicate myself enough to this fight.
PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT.

there ya go brother! You will win next time! :)

shift 09-13-2009 02:41 PM

Hey, I think this is a good post. People should always share knowledge and experiences.

Incidentally I was looking for videos that show defense and submissions from the guard. Submission 101 has some great attacks from guard but I like this particular video for one 2 reasons.

1. It shows an easy and basic defense that is quick to remember and easy to practice.
2. It emphasizes on taking least damage as possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAGp2pXMieA

solidxpanda 09-14-2009 12:06 AM

So I just watched the video of my fight. You can watch it here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyw69ttWsGs
Honestly I think the ref ended the fight a little early. I felt it in the fight to. After watching the fight, it looks to me that it was definitely a little early. He passed my guard and had side mount but I was still working and trying to get him back into my guard... It really sucks.
I hate amateur bouts.
I'm the guy with the dark hair.
What do you guys think?

Negative1 09-14-2009 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solidxpanda (Post 995598)
so i had my second fight tonight against a guy that's 5-0. stand up was good. i felt like i was getting the better half of him. then he took me down. and started throwing punches down from my guard. and it was just to over whelming i guess. wasn't used to getting punched at from guard and i couldn't think of what to do. and i got tko'd in the first round.
i feel like i let everyone that came to see me down. most importantly myself.
just gotta train harder...
this post is pointless!

Don't give up little brother!!

In the eyes of your friends, you are a warrior don't think you let anyone down cause whomever wasnt by you at cageside doesnt have the brass to get in there themselves.

Don't give up.

name goes here 09-14-2009 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solidxpanda (Post 996398)
So I just watched the video of my fight. You can watch it here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyw69ttWsGs
Honestly I think the ref ended the fight a little early. I felt it in the fight to. After watching the fight, it looks to me that it was definitely a little early. He passed my guard and had side mount but I was still working and trying to get him back into my guard... It really sucks.
I hate amateur bouts.
I'm the guy with the dark hair.
What do you guys think?

The vid is low quality, far away, and there is a pillar in the way for the important bit. Just my opinion:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2