MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   Other MMA & Amateur MMA (http://www.mmaforum.com/other-mma-amateur-mma/)
-   -   Noobie - Cofident I can go Pro - Qustions - Toronto (http://www.mmaforum.com/other-mma-amateur-mma/64805-noobie-cofident-i-can-go-pro-qustions-toronto.html)

MarkMckee 10-29-2009 11:34 PM

Noobie - Cofident I can go Pro - Qustions - Toronto
 
Hello, First i would like to tell you my name is Mark, right now i am sitting at 295 LBS 6'8 Height - Looking to eventualy be Pro heavyweight within ONE year or around there i have a few qustions maybe a few of you can take the time and answer

1. Starting with 0 experiance other then street fight, out of shape, but very highly motivated with positive attitude, should i look for a partner to train with, or start alone?

2. I have been told by 2 former UFC fighters, that Dana is ALWAYS open to new heavyweight especialy this yeat, information on this would be great how likly it is.

3. Should i start off with classes? Or pay the money for PERSONAL PRIVATE seasons?

4. Should i post back-yard fights, organized basement fights and other such on youtube and other website to make a new for myself?

5. Anyone recomend MMA Gyms to start off with? or even stick to? I'm not lookin to mess around time to get serious!

Tyson2011 10-30-2009 12:41 AM

just because you can street fight doesnt mean you can cage fight theres a HUGE difference. gl going pro on zero experience, i look forward to seeing you downed faster than kimbo soon :)

Intermission 10-30-2009 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkMckee (Post 1031602)
Hello, First i would like to tell you my name is Mark, right now i am sitting at 295 LBS 6'8 Height - Looking to eventualy be Pro heavyweight within ONE year or around there i have a few qustions maybe a few of you can take the time and answer

1. Starting with 0 experiance other then street fight, out of shape, but very highly motivated with positive attitude, should i look for a partner to train with, or start alone?

2. I have been told by 2 former UFC fighters, that Dana is ALWAYS open to new heavyweight especialy this yeat, information on this would be great how likly it is.

3. Should i start off with classes? Or pay the money for PERSONAL PRIVATE seasons?

4. Should i post back-yard fights, organized basement fights and other such on youtube and other website to make a new for myself?

5. Anyone recomend MMA Gyms to start off with? or even stick to? I'm not lookin to mess around time to get serious!


1. Training with a partner can keep you motivated but there is n huge difference, just find a good gym to train at.

2. Don't mean to sound like a dream killer, but not too likely, only because you have 0 experience, train hard, fight some amateur fights, then go pro fighting for smaller organizations, work your way up to the big show, dont start there

3. This is up to you, if you have the money to blow, go with the private lessons, only because you will have all attention directed to you.

4. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO, do NOT do this AT ALL

5. Well if your in Toronto, look at Toronto BJJ.

Also just a side note, The Ultimate fighter is a great way to get your name out there, the tryouts are open to anyone and you could really go far from there


Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyson2011 (Post 1031653)
just because you can street fight doesnt mean you can cage fight theres a HUGE difference. gl going pro on zero experience, i look forward to seeing you downed faster than kimbo soon :)

What is your problem ass hole? He is asking for advice and instead of helping you just crush his dreams.

MarkMckee 10-30-2009 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intermission (Post 1031665)
1. Training with a partner can keep you motivated but there is n huge difference, just find a good gym to train at.

2. Don't mean to sound like a dream killer, but not too likely, only because you have 0 experience, train hard, fight some amateur fights, then go pro fighting for smaller organizations, work your way up to the big show, dont start there

3. This is up to you, if you have the money to blow, go with the private lessons, only because you will have all attention directed to you.

4. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO, do NOT do this AT ALL

5. Well if your in Toronto, look at Toronto BJJ.

Also just a side note, The Ultimate fighter is a great way to get your name out there, the tryouts are open to anyone and you could really go far from there




What is your problem ass hole? He is asking for advice and instead of helping you just crush his dreams.

It's ok he diden't crush my dreams lol.... I honestly think i have what it takes mentally, and also my SIZE helps a great deal. i wasen't talking about going pro NOW, i am speaking in long term, 1-2 years max, Full time training. and i don't think just because i can street fight i can go pro, i only put that because that is the only experiance i have of fighting, and right now its looking fine, cant wait to see what i can do with training.

thanks for the info man, to the other guy that posted he should actually read what i posted lol

Gluteal Cleft 10-30-2009 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkMckee (Post 1031602)
1. Starting with 0 experiance other then street fight, out of shape, but very highly motivated with positive attitude, should i look for a partner to train with, or start alone?

Either way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkMckee (Post 1031602)
2. I have been told by 2 former UFC fighters, that Dana is ALWAYS open to new heavyweight especialy this yeat, information on this would be great how likly it is.

You're not going to be ready in one year. No matter what your size, physique, attitude... you just can't learn enough in one year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkMckee (Post 1031602)
3. Should i start off with classes? Or pay the money for PERSONAL PRIVATE seasons?

Both. Regular classes will probably be the bulk of your training - they're a cheap way to learn and practice skills. When you feel like you have the need, get some private sessions to help round things out or get personal attention. But it would cost at least six figures per year to do entirely personal sessions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkMckee (Post 1031602)
4. Should i post back-yard fights, organized basement fights and other such on youtube and other website to make a new for myself?

Nope. Wait until you can get into legit smaller organizations, and send THOSE fights to the UFC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkMckee (Post 1031602)
5. Anyone recomend MMA Gyms to start off with? or even stick to? I'm not lookin to mess around time to get serious!

During the next UFC, listen to which teams they guys are training with. You don't HAVE to start out in those training teams... but it wouldn't hurt.

MarkMckee 11-01-2009 02:35 PM

Thanks for the information, i'am going to look into a few training gyms tomarow, how much do you usualy spend per month on a gym? how much money am i looking at here to be training full time, any other information you think i should know would be apreciated too i am new to all this so everything helps, thanks

Light_Speed 11-01-2009 05:13 PM

if your in Scarborough go to Salvosa Bjj..id say the best bjj school in toronto and u need a ground game for mma. http://www.salvosabjj.com/

if your downtown try toronto bjj..google it

for stand up try http://www.krudar.com/ torontos best muay thai i believe.. but google kickboxing or muay thai toronto for somewhere closer.

also do wrestling training if u can find somewhere... I dont live in toronto any more but if i did i would train with you... are you 295 in muscle or fat lol.. main thing is conditioning.. go running every morning the longer the better.. and work on your Speed..especially for a big guy SPEED IS EVERYTHING

gyms usually cost about $100 a month

MarkMckee 11-01-2009 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Light_Speed (Post 1033111)
if your in Scarborough go to Salvosa Bjj..id say the best bjj school in toronto and u need a ground game for mma. http://www.salvosabjj.com/

if your downtown try toronto bjj..google it

for stand up try http://www.krudar.com/ torontos best muay thai i believe.. but google kickboxing or muay thai toronto for somewhere closer.

also do wrestling training if u can find somewhere... I dont live in toronto any more but if i did i would train with you... are you 295 in muscle or fat lol.. main thing is conditioning.. go running every morning the longer the better.. and work on your Speed..especially for a big guy SPEED IS EVERYTHING

gyms usually cost about $100 a month

Thanks for the advice right now, im fat... Only fighting i do is street aganst chumps, I get tierd reallyy fast, i am starting from scratch here, and i think i found a nice gym to start off at, gunna be checking out the xtream courture GYM tomarow, 165 per month but i hear its a great place. I reallly want ot find someone to train with, im hoping ill find someone dow there

Intermission 11-01-2009 06:30 PM

The only problem with xtreme coture is that it is very over croweded

MarkMckee 11-01-2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intermission (Post 1033183)
The only problem with xtreme coture is that it is very over croweded

I thought so too, but when i called today i asked her if there are usualy packed or over crowed and she explained to me that on a GOOD day there lucky to have 1-20 people thats not so bad


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2