What do you guys think of amateur titles? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Other MMA & Amateur MMA Have something else to add or discuss about Mixed Martial Arts? This is the place to discuss the up-and-coming promotions and/or fighters most people don't know about!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 11:08 AM
Roll Tide Roll
 
G_Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South West Alabama
Posts: 7,603
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killstarz View Post
nope...more like they are both friends of the promoter

That happens everywhere if you think about it



Credit to M.C !!
G_Land is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Kin
MMA fighter
 
Kin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 643
                     
I'm actually about to fight for an amateur belt on April 22nd (same day as anime convention; dammit!). I'm ranked #1 in my state in my weight class and the guy I'm fighting was ranked #6, but has probably moved up since his last 9-second KO.

When I first made this thread I was trying to decide whether or not I should try to make a run at one of these, but as you can see, I have made up my mind.

Highly opinionated but out of touch with the current MMA scene.

Support my FB athlete page!



Watch my 7th pro fight here



Watch my "Bare Knuckle" Boxing match here

Kin is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 12:07 AM
Dexter Morgan
 
Intermission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,805
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin View Post
I'm actually about to fight for an amateur belt on April 22nd (same day as anime convention; dammit!). I'm ranked #1 in my state in my weight class and the guy I'm fighting was ranked #6, but has probably moved up since his last 9-second KO.

When I first made this thread I was trying to decide whether or not I should try to make a run at one of these, but as you can see, I have made up my mind.
Excellent news man, congratz. I hope you win that title, that would do wonders for you.

Intermission is offline  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 04:18 PM
The Title Guy
 
kantowrestler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange, California
Posts: 12,694
                     
You wouldn't be fighting in California would you? The only state I can think of that has an anime convention at that time is California. I should know cause my brother goes there.

The Emoticon Guy
kantowrestler is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Kin
MMA fighter
 
Kin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 643
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
Excellent news man, congratz. I hope you win that title, that would do wonders for you.
Thanks dude, I hope I win too! It def would be a big move in my career, not just 'cause of the belt, but because the guy I'm fighting is who EVERYONE is talking about at my weight. Naturally, I want to beat that guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantowrestler View Post
You wouldn't be fighting in California would you? The only state I can think of that has an anime convention at that time is California. I should know cause my brother goes there.
Nah, the organization is Massachusetts based. The event will be taking place just outside of Boston.

Highly opinionated but out of touch with the current MMA scene.

Support my FB athlete page!



Watch my 7th pro fight here



Watch my "Bare Knuckle" Boxing match here

Kin is offline  
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 11:07 PM
The Title Guy
 
kantowrestler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange, California
Posts: 12,694
                     
Oh, my bad. Sorry you have to miss the anime convention for your fight. Doesn't an anime convention go for a few days?

The Emoticon Guy
kantowrestler is offline  
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 01:49 AM Thread Starter
Kin
MMA fighter
 
Kin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 643
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantowrestler View Post
Oh, my bad. Sorry you have to miss the anime convention for your fight. Doesn't an anime convention go for a few days?
I won't be missing all of it, just most of the first day... which I am very very sad about actually. I plan to race to my hotel room after my fight and hopefully make it to the Anime Music Video Contest (my favorite part of the con), then do the rave, and maybe a hentai panel or two. And if I still have energy, head back to the hotel room with my gf and make use of the king-sized beds.

But honestly, that's probably aiming too high. I bet I'll just go to sleep right after the anime music videos.

Highly opinionated but out of touch with the current MMA scene.

Support my FB athlete page!



Watch my 7th pro fight here



Watch my "Bare Knuckle" Boxing match here

Kin is offline  
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 02:00 AM
The Title Guy
 
kantowrestler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange, California
Posts: 12,694
                     
Hentai panels? Making use of the king sized bed. That was more than I needed to know.

The Emoticon Guy
kantowrestler is offline  
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 02:01 AM
Dexter Morgan
 
Intermission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,805
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin View Post
I won't be missing all of it, just most of the first day... which I am very very sad about actually. I plan to race to my hotel room after my fight and hopefully make it to the Anime Music Video Contest (my favorite part of the con), then do the rave, and maybe a hentai panel or two. And if I still have energy, head back to the hotel room with my gf and make use of the king-sized beds.

But honestly, that's probably aiming too high. I bet I'll just go to sleep right after the anime music videos.
Honestly if I were you I would be MUCH more focused on my title fight then the convention lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantowrestler View Post
Hentai panels? Making use of the king sized bed. That was more than I needed to know.
Its just a joke dude... Well not the bed part I am guessing lol.

Intermission is offline  
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 02:20 AM
The Title Guy
 
kantowrestler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange, California
Posts: 12,694
                     
Yeah, the fight is more important then the convention. The convention will be there every year. However, the title may not come again.

The Emoticon Guy
kantowrestler is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome