Rugby Union: Wales v Ireland - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
vBookie Event: Wales v Ireland (Rugby Union)
This event is over.
vBookie Event
Wales v Ireland (Rugby Union)

This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
Wales 8/11 F (0.73) 3 487918 WIN!
Draw 22/1 (22.00) 0 0  
Ireland 11/10 (1.10) 2 335000  

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Gabba Gabba Hey

 
dudeabides's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 19,633
                     
Rugby Union: Wales v Ireland




Nobody F's with the Jesus
(Sig by Killz)
dudeabides is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 02:34 PM
 
K R Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wales, Boyo!
Posts: 10,733
                     
Wales are the favourite? Hmmm okay.






“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
K R Y is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 05:42 AM
-Raids Into Transylvania-
 
Nefilim777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Posts: 3,029
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryOnicle View Post
Wales are the favourite? Hmmm okay.
Well Ireland have scored 6 tried and only conceded 1 so far, but look at the amount of penalties we've given away, its ridiculous. I can see Stephen Jones slotting over a shed load of penalties.

Sjung för gamla Djurgår'n

Lock the gates, make them watch...
Nefilim777 is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 06:33 AM
 
K R Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wales, Boyo!
Posts: 10,733
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefilim777 View Post
Well Ireland have scored 6 tried and only conceded 1 so far, but look at the amount of penalties we've given away, its ridiculous. I can see Stephen Jones slotting over a shed load of penalties.
Hmm that's true. But we're SO inconsistant it's not even funny. I don't think our decent win against Scotland and a semi okayish victory over Italy put us the favourites against Ireland. Ireland are too good at scoring tries. Welsh defence is seemingly perfect , then, a huge gap opens or a fumbled pass happens and we're 7 points down again. Happens SO often.

I think that will be the difference. Jones will knock over alot of 3's, but I think Ireland will get 2-3 tries and a few penalties of their own, and that will be the difference.

Unless Wales can get over the game line I don't see us winning, but hey, I can't bet against Wales, never do lol.

Also the fact that we're lacking Shanklin, Adam Jones, Gethin Jenkins, Gavin Henson (been missing him for far too long) I am really surprised we've been doing well this Six Nations.

Either way, whoever wins this, Wales vs Ireland is always a very fun game to watch, and I never really mind losing to Ireland, they're my second favourite 6 nations team.






“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
K R Y is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 08:06 AM
-Raids Into Transylvania-
 
Nefilim777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Posts: 3,029
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryOnicle View Post
Hmm that's true. But we're SO inconsistant it's not even funny. I don't think our decent win against Scotland and a semi okayish victory over Italy put us the favourites against Ireland. Ireland are too good at scoring tries. Welsh defence is seemingly perfect , then, a huge gap opens or a fumbled pass happens and we're 7 points down again. Happens SO often.

I think that will be the difference. Jones will knock over alot of 3's, but I think Ireland will get 2-3 tries and a few penalties of their own, and that will be the difference.

Unless Wales can get over the game line I don't see us winning, but hey, I can't bet against Wales, never do lol.

Also the fact that we're lacking Shanklin, Adam Jones, Gethin Jenkins, Gavin Henson (been missing him for far too long) I am really surprised we've been doing well this Six Nations.

Either way, whoever wins this, Wales vs Ireland is always a very fun game to watch, and I never really mind losing to Ireland, they're my second favourite 6 nations team.
Yeah that's true I guess. I thought the Italy game was very close but it was down to both our ill discipline and Italy's smart tactics, they never went past the first receiver and kept the ball tight, very clever play for them and to be honest they deserved to win it. Saying that I think we deserved to beat France and should have had a better margin against the scots. I think Wales are favourites though because when you play your lads in the millenium all bets are off, Cardiff is easily one of the toughest places to go and your performance against England, albeit one of the worst Welsh performances I've seen, was merely a blip, England came into this contest with a serious point to prove and I think Wales just got caught. Either way it will be an interesting game an I wouldn't be at all surprised if Wales won it. But, like you, I'll never bet against Ireland!

After Spurs and Kampmann, Im taking a risk with the boys in green and putting 300k on them. Don't let me down lads.

Sjung för gamla Djurgår'n

Lock the gates, make them watch...

Last edited by K R Y; 03-12-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Nefilim777 is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 01:47 PM
 
K R Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wales, Boyo!
Posts: 10,733
                     
Strangest most stressful game ever.

Official score - Wales 19 Ireland 13

Real score - Wales 12 Ireland 13

That Welsh try was NOT a try, no matter how biast I am we shouldn't of got that. There were a few bad decisions that game and in the end it worked out in our favour.






“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
K R Y is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 01:51 PM
-Raids Into Transylvania-
 
Nefilim777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Posts: 3,029
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryOnicle View Post
Strangest most stressful game ever.

Official score - Wales 19 Ireland 13

Real score - Wales 12 Ireland 13

That Welsh try was NOT a try, no matter how biast I am we shouldn't of got that. There were a few bad decisions that game and in the end it worked out in our favour.
I agree, Irish TV is going mad about it here, no way it was a try. Well done to Wales all the same.

Sjung för gamla Djurgår'n

Lock the gates, make them watch...
Nefilim777 is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 02:30 PM
 
K R Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wales, Boyo!
Posts: 10,733
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefilim777 View Post
I agree, Irish TV is going mad about it here, no way it was a try. Well done to Wales all the same.
I don't blame them. I'd be furious if it happened the other way around, I really feel for Ireland right now. That was your win. Winning when we got a try like that feels a bit hollow to be honest.






“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
K R Y is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 03:50 PM
-Raids Into Transylvania-
 
Nefilim777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Posts: 3,029
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryOnicle View Post
I don't blame them. I'd be furious if it happened the other way around, I really feel for Ireland right now. That was your win. Winning when we got a try like that feels a bit hollow to be honest.
Yeah its annoying, but that's sport I guess. Drico gave an interview on Irish TV after and was very pissed off. He's usually quite reserved in post match interviews but he was seriously angry. The interviewer even said that on the plus side he had a new try scoring record, and O'Driscoll just replied 'I could care less'.

Sjung för gamla Djurgår'n

Lock the gates, make them watch...
Nefilim777 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome