The big bad Euro 2012 thread - Page 9 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Sports No MMA but discuss any other sport here!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 86 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Cheeky freak of the week
 
luckbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,646
                     


*fap fap fap fap fap*


luckbox is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #82 of 86 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 06:15 PM
Dexter Morgan
 
Intermission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,815
                     
I guess I am the only person in the world that doesn't really like Pirlo?

Intermission is offline  
post #83 of 86 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Cheeky freak of the week
 
luckbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,646
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
I guess I am the only person in the world that doesn't really like Pirlo?
Probably. I don't know what there is not to like about him. The most naturally talented and gifted player in the tourney along with Iniesta. It's a pleasure just watching him maneuver around a football pitch, always picking the right passes.

I gotta add that I have never seen Balotelli as good as he was today. Ever. This game made me believe he has what it takes to truly make it to superstar quality, really become one of the greats. He's still barking mad, but so was Maradona and Cantona.


luckbox is offline  
post #84 of 86 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 03:53 AM
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,589
                     
We just can't beat Italy. Having Podolksi and Gomez play in the first half certainly didn't help. Kroos had one duty, step on Pirlo's toes but before the frist goal he just stopped chasing him and what happens? Come on, dude, what did you expect? Boateng looked bad too, especially against Cassano (which is to be expected) and Schweinsteiger seemed like he had shit stuck to his shoes all night.

At least now everybody knows why we call Bayern "Handball Club Munich". Everyone just keeps passing the ball around the opponent's half without really doing anything, then they try to get the ball to Gomez and hope he does something. That's exactly what happened in the first half. All the Bayern players just forgot it's not Bayern/Chelsea anymore.




Rookie Hammer Squad 2015
Frankie Edgar - Dominick Cruz - Jorge Masvidal - Cat Zingano - Holly Holm
Hammerlock2.0 is offline  
post #85 of 86 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 08:35 AM
Bantamweight
 
Big_Charm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 869
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckbox View Post
Probably. I don't know what there is not to like about him. The most naturally talented and gifted player in the tourney along with Iniesta. It's a pleasure just watching him maneuver around a football pitch, always picking the right passes.

I gotta add that I have never seen Balotelli as good as he was today. Ever. This game made me believe he has what it takes to truly make it to superstar quality, really become one of the greats. He's still barking mad, but so was Maradona and Cantona.
You're absolutely right... My criticism with Bolatelli early on in the tourny was that he lacked confidence to finish and in himself, to finish big play. He really shined today at the expense of two huge mistakes in the Germany D.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
We just can't beat Italy. Having Podolksi and Gomez play in the first half certainly didn't help. Kroos had one duty, step on Pirlo's toes but before the frist goal he just stopped chasing him and what happens? Come on, dude, what did you expect? Boateng looked bad too, especially against Cassano (which is to be expected) and Schweinsteiger seemed like he had shit stuck to his shoes all night.

At least now everybody knows why we call Bayern "Handball Club Munich". Everyone just keeps passing the ball around the opponent's half without really doing anything, then they try to get the ball to Gomez and hope he does something. That's exactly what happened in the first half. All the Bayern players just forgot it's not Bayern/Chelsea anymore.
I was thinking Low would have started Klose again (like in the Greece game) to get that added edge of experience. I rewatched the game again and Italy played out their game plan to perfection. Frustrate the Germans in the midfield, that's where their magic starts. Cut the flanks off which the Germans are lethal at crosses back in. Pirlo was on point as well.

The statistics show a bit different than the outcome, with Germany having slightly more chances, possession and a ton more corners, but Italy ceased the day when they were called apon. Gigi also made a few spectacular saves, that's why he's #1.


The Germans will stay strong for the next 2-3 tourny's, it was just a case of a few lapses in judgement. It was like the young apprentice vs. the older master today, Italy frustrated Germany and played very smart.

My hat goes off to the Italians whom proved very resilient when put to the test.

R.I.P. PRIDE FC

Fedor-Shogun-Overeem-Cro Cop-Silva-Gomi-Henderson-Jackson

2014 NPFFL

Jon Jones . Travis Browne . Demian Maia. Cain Velasquez. Fabricio Werdum
Big_Charm is offline  
post #86 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 04:55 PM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,676
                     
So 4-0 for Spain. God am i relieved.

Rauno is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome