Yeah, I was rooting for the Pens' because I was looking forward to them getting creamed by a bigger and better team.
Bigger and badder team? Let's break that down shall we.
- Detroit had the best record in the regular season with noone near insight, that is impressive. Give credit where credit is due...but
- they also do that every year but don't win the Stanley Cup every year.
- they got beat by the Edmonton Oilers.
- for such a powerful team, Detroit had the
most embarassing losing streak in the league this year. (when comparing the players to teams like St Louis and LA)
Fast forward to the post-season;
- Detroit lost twice (in a row) to the Predators, not such a bad thing after all I guess...but
- Pittsburgh went 3-0 against all their opponents before moving on and haven't lost 2 in a row
- After sweeping the Avalanche, Detorit went on to win another 3 games against the Stars. Then they lost 2 in a row....again. Pittsburgh lost once against the Flyers when they led by 3 games.
- After having such a solid 2 periods against Dallas in game 6, which only let about 13-15 shots on Osgood during those periods, were outshot in the end 28-25. They still won but something went wrong.
MAF is a proven goalie and you know it.
but, we shall continue this conversation when the game goes down on Saturday. What'd ya say?