College Football 2009 - Page 25 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Sports No MMA but discuss any other sport here!

Reply

Old 12-07-2009, 10:01 PM   #241 (permalink)
ASS MAN
 
Walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 6,062
Walker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF Material
BlacklistShaun- first off it's ridiculous to turn this into question of the better conference. I will freely admit that the SEC is normally one the top conferences year in year out but this game will not be decided between past history of a conference over another. It comes down to Texas and Alabama and if you think Texas hasn't faced a defense as good as 'Bama's try looking at OU and Nebraska's defensive stats- both top 10 defensive squads in the nation.

It's laughable to think Texas hasn't seen comparable defenses to Alabama. Plus it's comical to think Alabama has a great offense- this is the same team that couldn't get in the endzone against Tennesse and had problems scoring against Ole Miss. If you think Texas' defense isn't up to stopping Alabama and that they will tear through Texas welcome to fantasy land.

This game will be a defensive struggle with points being at an absolute premium and if you think either team will tear through the other will no problems then I can't help you understand football or get past your SEC bias.

This game will be tight and and both defenses will be dominant- but I'll take my chances in a close game with McCoy over McElroy dealing with what Muschamp will dial up for him(He is that guy with SEC coaching history who led LSU's defense during their title run under Saban, then try checking out his defenses stats while at Auburn). Sorry man but if you think Alabama will blow through our defense under Muschamp- I want what you are smoking.
__________________
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-07-2009, 11:32 PM   #242 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,116
Stokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
BlacklistShaun- first off it's ridiculous to turn this into question of the better conference. I will freely admit that the SEC is normally one the top conferences year in year out but this game will not be decided between past history of a conference over another. It comes down to Texas and Alabama and if you think Texas hasn't faced a defense as good as 'Bama's try looking at OU and Nebraska's defensive stats- both top 10 defensive squads in the nation.

It's laughable to think Texas hasn't seen comparable defenses to Alabama. Plus it's comical to think Alabama has a great offense- this is the same team that couldn't get in the endzone against Tennesse and had problems scoring against Ole Miss. If you think Texas' defense isn't up to stopping Alabama and that they will tear through Texas welcome to fantasy land.

This game will be a defensive struggle with points being at an absolute premium and if you think either team will tear through the other will no problems then I can't help you understand football or get past your SEC bias.

This game will be tight and and both defenses will be dominant- but I'll take my chances in a close game with McCoy over McElroy dealing with what Muschamp will dial up for him(He is that guy with SEC coaching history who led LSU's defense during their title run under Saban, then try checking out his defenses stats while at Auburn). Sorry man but if you think Alabama will blow through our defense under Muschamp- I want what you are smoking.
Walker Im a bama fan..and I know that this will be a hell of a game. To be completely honest I believe Alabama has more talent, but that doesnt mean Texas will lose. Its all about who wants it more in this game, and thats who will get the trophy. ROLL TIDE!!
Stokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:57 PM   #243 (permalink)
ASS MAN
 
Walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 6,062
Walker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokes View Post
Walker Im a bama fan..and I know that this will be a hell of a game. To be completely honest I believe Alabama has more talent, but that doesnt mean Texas will lose. Its all about who wants it more in this game, and thats who will get the trophy. ROLL TIDE!!
I'll disagree with the more talent part but I totally agree with you- this game is super close and either team can win and IMO it will be a defensive "slobber-knocker" type of game. Two great teams, great tradition and history following 2 disappointing endings to the last year equals an awesome match-up between 2 very close teams. I really can't wait for the kick-off. Some people might not like the defensive nature of this game but me likey.
__________________
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:01 AM   #244 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 21
The Immortal CJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Does anyone besides me believe TCU is more of a talented team than Texas? I'm a Ute fan and I just can't see a better team to play Alabama then them. Also what do you guys think of the biased media always overlooking the MWC?
The Immortal CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:19 AM   #245 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,116
Stokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStokes Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal CJ View Post
Does anyone besides me believe TCU is more of a talented team than Texas? I'm a Ute fan and I just can't see a better team to play Alabama then them. Also what do you guys think of the biased media always overlooking the MWC?
Its all about SOS man...TCU has played some decent teams but Texas has played a lot of good teams and still finished the season undefeated. I think the 2 best teams in the Nation are definitely playing for the championship this years, its a good feeling.
Stokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:33 AM   #246 (permalink)
ASS MAN
 
Walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 6,062
Walker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal CJ View Post
Does anyone besides me believe TCU is more of a talented team than Texas? I'm a Ute fan and I just can't see a better team to play Alabama then them. Also what do you guys think of the biased media always overlooking the MWC?

TCU is a very good team and had a great season and with 5 undefeated teams it only goes to prove there needs to be a play-off system. Until that happens some teams will never get a fair shake- that being said- no way in hell TCU is more talented than Texas. They have a great squad but to compare them top to bottom with Texas' athletes- no bueno and it ain't even close. We get the majority of the state's 5 stars recruits and TCU has to fight the out of state programs, plus OU, Texas Tech and A&M for the rest of the talent.

I honestly wish TCU could have been matched up with Florida instead of Boise because it seemed they did that you appease the non BCS conferences when I'd rather see them fight it out with the traditional powers to help prove their worth better.

Until the system changes it will always come down to a beauty contest that the non-BCS conferences will always lose. It's not fair but this system sucks balls IMO.
__________________
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:26 AM   #247 (permalink)
Curitiba Food and Liquor
 
swpthleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 16,164
Blog Entries: 14
swpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings System
Although Nick Saban brings Spartan mojo to Alabama, I still like Texas for the win.
__________________

Sig Credit to Toxic
swpthleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:36 AM   #248 (permalink)
Roll Tide Roll
 
G_Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South West Alabama
Posts: 7,591
G_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF Material
I gotta go with my boys in T-town. I have been behind them forever! Its gonna be a great game im so fn excited! RMFT!!!!
G_Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:57 PM   #249 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
BlacklistShaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 358
BlacklistShaun has a spectacular aura aboutBlacklistShaun has a spectacular aura aboutBlacklistShaun has a spectacular aura aboutBlacklistShaun has a spectacular aura aboutBlacklistShaun has a spectacular aura aboutBlacklistShaun has a spectacular aura aboutBlacklistShaun has a spectacular aura aboutBlacklistShaun has a spectacular aura aboutBlacklistShaun has a spectacular aura aboutBlacklistShaun has a spectacular aura aboutBlacklistShaun has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
BlacklistShaun- first off it's ridiculous to turn this into question of the better conference. I will freely admit that the SEC is normally one the top conferences year in year out but this game will not be decided between past history of a conference over another. It comes down to Texas and Alabama and if you think Texas hasn't faced a defense as good as 'Bama's try looking at OU and Nebraska's defensive stats- both top 10 defensive squads in the nation.

It's laughable to think Texas hasn't seen comparable defenses to Alabama. Plus it's comical to think Alabama has a great offense- this is the same team that couldn't get in the endzone against Tennesse and had problems scoring against Ole Miss. If you think Texas' defense isn't up to stopping Alabama and that they will tear through Texas welcome to fantasy land.

This game will be a defensive struggle with points being at an absolute premium and if you think either team will tear through the other will no problems then I can't help you understand football or get past your SEC bias.

This game will be tight and and both defenses will be dominant- but I'll take my chances in a close game with McCoy over McElroy dealing with what Muschamp will dial up for him(He is that guy with SEC coaching history who led LSU's defense during their title run under Saban, then try checking out his defenses stats while at Auburn). Sorry man but if you think Alabama will blow through our defense under Muschamp- I want what you are smoking.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one because there is no doubt who the better team is IMO. Just look at the schedules and it's easy to see who's played the tougher schedule against much better teams.

Texas Schedule:

Louisiana Monroe - 6-6
Wyoming - 6-6
Texas Tech - 8-4
UTEP - 4-8
Colorado - 3-9
Oklahoma - 7-5
Missouri - 8-4
Oklahoma State - 9-3
UCF - 8-4
Baylor - 4-8
Kansas - 5-7
Texas A&M - 6-6
Nebraska - 9-4

Alabama Schedule:

Virginia Tech - 9-3
Florida International - 3-9
North Texas - 2-10
Arkansas - 7-5
Kentucky - 7-5
Ole Miss - 8-4
South Carolina - 7-5
Tennessee - 7-5
LSU - 9-3
MSU - 5-7
Chatanooga - 6-5
Auburn - 7-5
Florida - 12-1

If you discount the lower conferences like Sun Belt and Conference USA and count the tougher conferences Texas has played 5 teams with winning records while Alabama has played 9 teams with winning records in a much tougher conference. When I say tougher conference I don't mean necessarily better conference...you have to take into accord there are still teams like Vanderbilt and MSU in the SEC. On the same note look at the overall records for the SEC vs. the Big 12. Overall these teams have much better records than the Big 12 overall, which means Alabama has had to play a much harder schedule to get to the title game.

What I predict is about the same thing that happened both times previously the Big 12 tried to play against the best of the SEC in the title game. There were plenty of people that said OU was going to hang in there and make it a tight game and next thing you know LSU and then Florida both blew out the best of the Big 12.

You never know though, Alabama might come in and play a shit game and Texas might be on and win it all. I think if it comes down to it though and both teams come out and play 100% what they are capable of it's going to be a blowout in Alabama's favor.
BlacklistShaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #250 (permalink)
LEGEN...wait for it...DARY
 
ZZtigerZZ81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,065
Blog Entries: 3
ZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacklistShaun View Post
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one because there is no doubt who the better team is IMO. Just look at the schedules and it's easy to see who's played the tougher schedule against much better teams.

Texas Schedule:

Louisiana Monroe - 6-6
Wyoming - 6-6
Texas Tech - 8-4
UTEP - 4-8
Colorado - 3-9
Oklahoma - 7-5
Missouri - 8-4
Oklahoma State - 9-3
UCF - 8-4
Baylor - 4-8
Kansas - 5-7
Texas A&M - 6-6
Nebraska - 9-4

Alabama Schedule:

Virginia Tech - 9-3
Florida International - 3-9
North Texas - 2-10
Arkansas - 7-5
Kentucky - 7-5
Ole Miss - 8-4
South Carolina - 7-5
Tennessee - 7-5
LSU - 9-3
MSU - 5-7
Chatanooga - 6-5
Auburn - 7-5
Florida - 12-1
Depends on what you consider tough really...I mean Bama played one legit offense all year long and it was the worst they looked in the last 4 years (talking about the gators).

Texas played quite a few. I think Texas's defense is much more battle tested and their offense, though not a blow you away offense just seems to keep getting enough and those are the dangerous ones.

Bama has been one of the luckiest teams all year long. And that is what you need to win championships (it isn't a knock on them). Texas was lucky once...we will see how the game goes. But nothing is clear about the match-up.

Last time Saban and Mack went head up, it was like a 15 point win for the Horns. And that was Chris Simms or Major Applewhite not Colt McCoy.

I can't stand when people say team A will win because they are from Conference B...that doesn't matter at all. We don't know who will be healthy, what coaching changes will take place, what personal distractions may happen over the holidays, etc.

There are so many factors at play when you are talking about student athletes that are 18-23 yrs old. Let's just wait and see..and leave the certainties to hindsight.
__________________
ZZtigerZZ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios