MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   Standup Technique (http://www.mmaforum.com/standup-technique/)
-   -   Fedor frequently bows/leans over into his big rear hand punches is it safe? (http://www.mmaforum.com/standup-technique/104351-fedor-frequently-bows-leans-over-into-his-big-rear-hand-punches-safe.html)

Curious1 08-15-2012 10:09 AM

Fedor frequently bows/leans over into his big rear hand punches is it safe?
 
He has done this time and time again and rarely misses or gets countered.

Ive been taught to never do this as you could get Knee or uppercut countered.

Its considered a beginners mistake its called "leaning in chin first"

But Fedor is no beginner and he has proven time and time again that the way he does it is both safe defensively and effective offensively.

Would Fedor be safe using this "leaning in bowing slip" in muay thai or boxing?

Is it a good idea or bad idea to lean in the way Fedor does and why?

rul3z 08-15-2012 11:13 AM

Can you give us a picture of what exactly you're talking about?

Curious1 08-15-2012 11:29 AM




Killz 08-15-2012 11:33 AM

If someone was to block, and then uppercut, or knee. Fedor would be in deep shit.

It's down to lack of technique, however no fighter does everything perfectly and he has managed to get this to work for him... might be cos he always fights cans that it has never been exploited? ;)


Curious1 08-15-2012 11:34 AM



Quote:

Originally Posted by Killstarz (Post 1615728)
If someone was to block, and then uppercut, or knee. Fedor would be in deep shit.

It's down to lack of technique, however no fighter does everything perfectly and he has managed to get this to work for him... might be cos he always fights cans that it has never been exploited? ;)


I think thats just it, you cant block and counter like that in MMA due to the small gloves, so its get out the way or get rocked/KOed.

mastodon2222 08-18-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curious1 (Post 1615698)
He has done this time and time again and rarely misses or gets countered.

Ive been taught to never do this as you could get Knee or uppercut countered.

Its considered a beginners mistake its called "leaning in chin first"

But Fedor is no beginner and he has proven time and time again that the way he does it is both safe defensively and effective offensively.

Would Fedor be safe using this "leaning in bowing slip" in muay thai or boxing?

Is it a good idea or bad idea to lean in the way Fedor does and why?

I've seen tons of one punch KO's with that exact punch - leaning in and to the left and coming over the top with a big right. It draws the opponents attention downward for a split second and boom, light out. It's a safe place to be as long as you clinch if you miss and don't stay there.

Curious1 08-18-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mastodon2222 (Post 1616908)
I've seen tons of one punch KO's with that exact punch - leaning in and to the left and coming over the top with a big right. It draws the opponents attention downward for a split second and boom, light out. It's a safe place to be as long as you clinch if you miss and don't stay there.

Nice thanks for the reply friend!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2