MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   Standup Technique (http://www.mmaforum.com/standup-technique/)
-   -   I have a very high % set up, can you recommend what I follow it with? (http://www.mmaforum.com/standup-technique/104592-i-have-very-high-set-up-can-you-recommend-what-i-follow.html)

Curious1 08-23-2012 01:11 AM

I have a very high % set up, can you recommend what I follow it with?
 
Ok in MMA/ Muay Thai I use a lead wing chun/karate leg sweep to their lead ankle (Im southpaw they are orthodox)

and Every-time if it dosnt completely trip them over it RUINS their stance makes them very vulnerable turns them around partially etc

Well I dont know what to follow it up with strike wise, because im still very far away even tho they are momentarily vulnerable.

What would you recommend?

Curious1 08-23-2012 01:14 AM

I wanted to follow it with a cross (Hendo uses a lead leg kick to land his H Bomb in a similar way but because im southpaw and they are orthodox we are at longer range than orthodox vs orthodox.

So I guess a rear leg round kick might work?

Should I rush in with a jab cross?

A rear leg push kick?

You tell me!

Life B Ez 08-23-2012 01:20 AM

Do you force the lead foot outside or inside? Does they knee turn away from you or does it open up?

Actually a better way, are you making them step more parrell or wider. Really depends on that. If they are stepping wider you can throw a rear leg kick to the swept foot, add some push at the end of the kick ala Jose Aldo and you'll really brutalize that leg. If its the other way I'm at a loss right now, but ill think about it.


Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App

Curious1 08-23-2012 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Life B Ez (Post 1618442)
Do you force the lead foot outside or inside? Does they knee turn away from you or does it open up?

Actually a better way, are you making them step more parrell or wider. Really depends on that. If they are stepping wider you can throw a rear leg kick to the swept foot, add some push at the end of the kick ala Jose Aldo and you'll really brutalize that leg. If its the other way I'm at a loss right now, but ill think about it.


Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App



Thanks mate Im always trying to maintain my position to my right his left away from his power side so when he tries to get back to that side or I just want to... I sweep him from the outside a bit like a round kick but a pushy sweep instead.

There stance dosnt open up they dont get wider they get turned side on and narrow or back on or fall over lol. So Im southpaw so its a mirror image of stances unlike orthodox vs orthodox.

Cheers mate!

Life B Ez 08-23-2012 01:35 AM

Give me a couple days. I like this, I'll start working it into my sparring.

Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App

Curious1 08-23-2012 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Life B Ez (Post 1618448)
Give me a couple days. I like this, I'll start working it into my sparring.

Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App

Cool nice thanks bro! :)

Killz 08-23-2012 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curious1 (Post 1618445)
Thanks mate Im always trying to maintain my position to my right his left away from his power side so when he tries to get back to that side or I just want to... I sweep him from the outside a bit like a round kick but a pushy sweep instead.

There stance dosnt open up they dont get wider they get turned side on and narrow or back on or fall over lol. So Im southpaw so its a mirror image of stances unlike orthodox vs orthodox.

Cheers mate!

Follow it up with a left hook, or a left headkick/bodykick.

Curious1 08-23-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killz (Post 1618476)
Follow it up with a left hook, or a left headkick/bodykick.

Thanks I would have to step in with the left hook, because they are too far away would you recommend that???

My instructor says never rush in ever because if they hit you coming in you add alot of your body-weight to their punching power and so are more likely to be knocked out as a result?

Killz 08-23-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curious1 (Post 1618650)
Thanks I would have to step in with the left hook, because they are too far away would you recommend that???

My instructor says never rush in ever because if they hit you coming in you add alot of your body-weight to their punching power and so are more likely to be knocked out as a result?

if you are knocking them off balance, or sideways like you say, then the chances of them hitting you as you step in to hook is very minimal.

Maybe follow the hook up with a low kick to the back of the lead leg?

Curious1 08-23-2012 11:16 AM

Thanks nice will do! Cheers mate. Then with that next low kick it will ruin their stance even more and hit the vulnerable nerves at the back of the leg!

Much appreciated thank-you!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2