MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   Standup Technique (http://www.mmaforum.com/standup-technique/)
-   -   What happened to striking systems ???? (http://www.mmaforum.com/standup-technique/105995-what-happened-striking-systems.html)

strikerelitemma 10-14-2012 12:15 AM

What happened to striking systems ????
 
I have created a system in which I do my striking so I don't really have to think about things I even write down my combos and techniques I don't believe it limits me it allows me to focus and create of that base anyone else do this?

Curious1 10-14-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strikerelitemma (Post 1637023)
I have created a system in which I do my striking so I don't really have to think about things I even write down my combos and techniques I don't believe it limits me it allows me to focus and create of that base anyone else do this?

Im not sure exactly what you mean but it sounds like it would limit your adaptability and make you less dynamic than a striker who unconsciously adapts his striking tools mid flow and has trained long hours in sparring to do this.

But I may be wrong what exactly are you doing break it down for us.

strikerelitemma 10-14-2012 06:21 PM

Its helped me so when im in a fight I don't randomly just throw a technique I have set combos im very organized in my fighting regiment and I noticed in fights a guy will just throw something especially in mma for not much reason just throw something I feel that since I have a set system and regiment I literally can focus on what my opponet is doing next I mean the best chess players are the guys who know what their next move is and the next one and the one after that lol

Curious1 10-15-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strikerelitemma (Post 1637582)
Its helped me so when im in a fight I don't randomly just throw a technique I have set combos im very organized in my fighting regiment and I noticed in fights a guy will just throw something especially in mma for not much reason just throw something I feel that since I have a set system and regiment I literally can focus on what my opponet is doing next I mean the best chess players are the guys who know what their next move is and the next one and the one after that lol

Its a good training wheel for beginners, and better than throwing random stuff out there, but its not how high level or the highest level fighters and martial artists fight.

Thats why you dont see it anymore.

Curious1 10-15-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strikerelitemma (Post 1637582)
Its helped me so when im in a fight I don't randomly just throw a technique I have set combos im very organized in my fighting regiment and I noticed in fights a guy will just throw something especially in mma for not much reason just throw something I feel that since I have a set system and regiment I literally can focus on what my opponet is doing next I mean the best chess players are the guys who know what their next move is and the next one and the one after that lol

You sound very left brained, very egotistical, and very attached to your ideas and very needy, and very prideful you probably wont admit it.

For you to become a great fighter you will have to be more like an artist and less like an analyst.

Dont drop what your doing but move towards being dynamic, not needing to think, to relying on feeling and intuition, reading your opponent, not being set in your ways or predictable, does anderson silva look like he has a set pattern before he comes into a fight? Hell no he adapts on the fly, as does bruce lee, as did roy jones jr as did muhamid ali, but they all probably started off with patterns as a training wheel to begin with because it progresses you faster but it has an early limit to its effectiveness, so your on the right path.

I look forward to your argument and resistance to changing your ways (a problem of yours right?)

strikerelitemma 10-15-2012 01:29 PM

Yeah im pretty prideful when it comes to my handywork with my limbs but mot because I have a big ego lol because I put in the hard work day im and day out and cool I get what your saying but if you read what I said the whole point of.doing it the way I do (writing combos down) is so I know an outline for what im going to do and that lets me read my opponet better so im.very good at that but im just a skull with some holes in it who cares lol this is just Simply what works for.me

Curious1 10-16-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strikerelitemma (Post 1637924)
Yeah im pretty prideful when it comes to my handywork with my limbs but mot because I have a big ego lol because I put in the hard work day im and day out and cool I get what your saying but if you read what I said the whole point of.doing it the way I do (writing combos down) is so I know an outline for what im going to do and that lets me read my opponet better so im.very good at that but im just a skull with some holes in it who cares lol this is just Simply what works for.me

Sorry man I went off on a rant as usual sound like a really good idea!

OU 05-15-2013 01:43 PM

http://www.killsometime.com/videos/1...ys-Win-a-Fight


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2