You can find the WTF rules and Regulations for scoring here
From Article 12. Valid Points
1. Legal Scoring Areas
1) Mid-section of the trunk: The part covered by the trunk protector
2) Face: The whole part of the face including both ears
2. Points shall be awarded when permitted techniques are delivered accurately and powerfully to the legal scoring areas of the body.
3. The valid points are divided as follows.
1) One (1) point for attack on trunk protector
2) Two (2) points for attack on face.
3) One (1) additional point shall be awarded in the event that the contestant is knocked down and the referee counts.
4. Match score shall be the sum of points of the three rounds.
5. Invalidation of points: When a contestant performs an attack to score through the use of the prohibited acts, the points scored shall be annulled.
Pretty self explanatory there. The use of electronically scoring protection gear makes it even easier for bigger competitions.
It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree
... As long as I don't bore you and I spark a moment of thought, my goal is achieved
Queng leon queng tigre ecu tacacut, queca pa? - Pampangan Mandarigma Motto