getting suckerpunched (story/ question) - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Standup Technique MMA Standup fighting techniques.

Reply

Old 12-30-2007, 11:15 AM   #11 (permalink)
Kin
MMA fighter
 
Kin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 630
Kin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by No1Brawler View Post
You guys are really escalating this thing. Streetfighting is dangerous ofcourse but not to the level you guys claim. Yes, there have been deaths in street fights, but very few. Ive never heard of one around here and ive been around. I would say ive seen more than a hundred street fights,(ive worked as a bouncer) and been in a fair share. Never have i seen a death.

Dont start fights ofcoarse, but dont back away from a fight because you think he might kill you, thats stupid. You cant let yourself get dis-respected just because you think they could have a weapon.
It really depends... I'm not talking about bar fights, I'm thnking about street fights... like on the street. Bar room brawls are... bar room brawls.

People do get killed in street fights... it's not extremely common, but it happens. Although, I don't think that I'm the one who said anything about kill or be killed. But... while I wouldn't have said it that way, Xerberus is right in the sense that you have to be realize that a confrontation can go anywhere once its been started. Again... I'm not talking about bouncing or bars, I'm referring to 'the streets...' and I do so in (hopefully) the least cliche way as possible.

However the original post was was NOT about a street fight. It is more akin to a bar fight, so it's understood why the weapon 'kill or be killed' stuff seems like it's out of nowhere.
__________________
Highly opinionated but out of touch with the current MMA scene.

Support my FB athlete page!



Watch my 5th pro fight here



Watch my "Bare Knuckle" Boxing match here

Kin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-30-2007, 01:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 34
DSGhST07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Well I dont think anyone is going to say its good to start a fight with a suckerpunch, but its life. Noone knows the whole story but you, I mean if you were hiting on his girl and being disrespectful then it may make since to do that. But high school parties isn't MMA, theres always fights because everyone wants to show off and be cool. Just be careful of what you do next time and avoid trouble. Im sure if someone was hitting on your girl you may want to hit them to, and your not gonna go "Hey square up with me", because if you do and the other guy beats you up your gonna look stupid.
DSGhST07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
dubya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 87
dubya has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by No1Brawler View Post
You guys are really escalating this thing. Streetfighting is dangerous ofcourse but not to the level you guys claim. Yes, there have been deaths in street fights, but very few. Ive never heard of one around here and ive been around. I would say ive seen more than a hundred street fights,(ive worked as a bouncer) and been in a fair share. Never have i seen a death.

Dont start fights ofcoarse, but dont back away from a fight because you think he might kill you, thats stupid. You cant let yourself get dis-respected just because you think they could have a weapon.
Yes, I have seen/heard about a lot of street fights even been in a couple (nothing to bad) and never anyone dieing but personally I assess the person..you won't likely find a clean looking guy wearing some kind of dress shirt and gel in his hair to be carrying a weapon.
I agree with what you say about pride and standing up for yourself but if It came down to it and my mind is saying don't do it I'd rather wake up the next day having lost a little pride then that day be my last.
__________________
Supporting...

Fedor Emelianenko
BJ Penn
Forrest Griffin
George St.Pierre
Sam Stout
Vitor Belfort
Dan Henderson
Cory MacDonald

'08 Road To Victory
dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
traf_quake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 291
traf_quake is an unknown quantity at this pointtraf_quake is an unknown quantity at this point
i like the roadhouse point of view where swaze's like be nice be nice be nice, and be nice until it's time to not be nice anymore

there's so many fight you can avoid by just being nice instead of tough if you hit on a guys gf just be like i'm sorry man i din't know i was just talking to her...offer to buy him a drink or something but just be nice...more likely than not if you're being nice the crowd around you won't let the fight happen in the first place...i mean if you were at a party and some guy was threating a polite smiling guy are you gonna let him hit the kid? don't think so

as for sucker punches hey there's not much you can do, if you're standing with a drink in one hand and your other hand in your pocket hitting on some guy's gf...you're asking for it....some good stuff on mental preparation and always excpecting the unexpected is Tony Blauer's Spear System, look it up on youtube, it's all about being prepared in a potential fight situation

is it alright to sucker punch someone? who knows? it's a matter of moral opinion i think it's a pretty bitch move to do even if someone did it to you first....be more creative i'd slash his tires, drop a dookie in his mailbox maybe get his hot little sister mad drunk and play put the sausage in between the buns who knows..to me that's more satisfying than punching him in the face and starting a fight
__________________
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.
Friedrich Nietzsche
traf_quake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 09:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Kin
MMA fighter
 
Kin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 630
Kin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by traf_quake View Post
i think it's a pretty bitch move to do even if someone did it to you first....be more creative i'd slash his tires, drop a dookie in his mailbox maybe get his hot little sister mad drunk and play put the sausage in between the buns who knows..to me that's more satisfying than punching him in the face and starting a fight
While I agree that you shouldn't fight in most situations... everything you listed is FAAAARRR bitchier than sucker punching. I mean by leaps and bounds...
__________________
Highly opinionated but out of touch with the current MMA scene.

Support my FB athlete page!



Watch my 5th pro fight here



Watch my "Bare Knuckle" Boxing match here

Kin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 09:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Kin
MMA fighter
 
Kin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 630
Kin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubya View Post
I agree with what you say about pride and standing up for yourself but if It came down to it and my mind is saying don't do it I'd rather wake up the next day having lost a little pride then that day be my last.
Agreed. What no1brawler said makes sense about not getting disrespected makes sense... in some situations. Sometimes consequences will be worse later if you get stepped on by people. However in bar/party stuff generally isn't such a situation. And even then, better to regroup than to be... you know...dead.
__________________
Highly opinionated but out of touch with the current MMA scene.

Support my FB athlete page!



Watch my 5th pro fight here



Watch my "Bare Knuckle" Boxing match here

Kin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,450
xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by No1Brawler View Post
You guys are really escalating this thing. Streetfighting is dangerous ofcourse but not to the level you guys claim. Yes, there have been deaths in street fights, but very few. Ive never heard of one around here and ive been around. I would say ive seen more than a hundred street fights,(ive worked as a bouncer) and been in a fair share. Never have i seen a death.

Dont start fights ofcoarse, but dont back away from a fight because you think he might kill you, thats stupid. You cant let yourself get dis-respected just because you think they could have a weapon.
Have you ever seen a "blackjack"? If you havent its a wooden handle with a leather pouch on the end with a lead ball inside the pouch. Ever see someone get hit in the side of the head with something like that? Afew times? I remember the fight going outside, I remember going out and seeing a buddy of mine without his shirt on. He had taken it off and wrapped it around the guys head, it was just gore, he was gone.

After seeing something like this I realized what it means to not walk away when someone disrespects you. Im not afraid to admit I carry a gun when I go out, when you say "but dont back away from a fight because you think he might kill you, thats stupid" I may be an ass hole but if someone walks up and punches me in a bar do you think that just because I know that I disrespected him and was in the wrong before he hit me that im not going to use deadly force?

When you fight on the street you take your life in your hands, every time.
__________________


If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2
deadmanxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
last weekend me and my friend were at my friends house. this *** named rusty tries punking my friend gabe for no reason (starts pushing him and saying "what? what?". eventually my friend gabe is hanging out on the couch and retaliates by saying to rusty, "you're dad raped your sister you ******* bitch" (rusty's dad really did, he's a registered sex offender) anyway my friend gabe stood up to him right in his face and rusty says : "you do not want to get hit by me, do you know how hard i hit?" before rusty can finish the last word my friend gabe throws an overhand right and it lands right on the jaw. rusty's legs give out and he stumbles across the kitchen saying "oohhh shittt!" then my friend gabe pounces on him and its quickly broken up.



goes to show some ***s are all talk no walk
deadmanxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:34 AM   #19 (permalink)
Banned
 
southpaw447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,585
southpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level now
Thats why they call it a sucker punch. Only pussies do that. If he sucker punched you for no reason or just for the **** of it. He's a bitch and deserves a beating.

Plus if he knew you were fighting or training, he probably just wanted to try to cal your bluff.
southpaw447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:29 AM   #20 (permalink)
Light Heavyweight
 
name goes here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London England
Posts: 3,300
name goes here Is Respected By All He Crossesname goes here Is Respected By All He Crossesname goes here Is Respected By All He Crossesname goes here Is Respected By All He Crossesname goes here Is Respected By All He Crossesname goes here Is Respected By All He Crossesname goes here Is Respected By All He Crossesname goes here Is Respected By All He Crossesname goes here Is Respected By All He Crossesname goes here Is Respected By All He Crossesname goes here Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeberus View Post
Have you ever seen a "blackjack"? If you havent its a wooden handle with a leather pouch on the end with a lead ball inside the pouch. Ever see someone get hit in the side of the head with something like that? Afew times? I remember the fight going outside, I remember going out and seeing a buddy of mine without his shirt on. He had taken it off and wrapped it around the guys head, it was just gore, he was gone.

After seeing something like this I realized what it means to not walk away when someone disrespects you. Im not afraid to admit I carry a gun when I go out, when you say "but dont back away from a fight because you think he might kill you, thats stupid" I may be an ass hole but if someone walks up and punches me in a bar do you think that just because I know that I disrespected him and was in the wrong before he hit me that im not going to use deadly force?

When you fight on the street you take your life in your hands, every time.
Where do you live/ go for a night out.

I remember at school there was a short guy, anyway when someone pissed him off (said his mom must have smoked when pregnant or something I think), he kicked him straight in the nuts. Many thought that was a ***** thing to do, but nobody thought he was a ***** and no one called him a *****. There are no 'rules' in a fight, in nasty streets people won't stop when you're beaten. It's stupid to fight polite, who cares what anyone thinks, your goal is to be the one choosing what condition you both go home in.
__________________
name goes here is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios