getting suckerpunched (story/ question) - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Standup Technique MMA Standup fighting techniques.

Reply

Old 12-31-2007, 06:41 AM   #21 (permalink)
Kin
MMA fighter
 
Kin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 630
Kin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw447 View Post
That's why they call it a sucker punch. Only pussies do that.
Bas Rutten advocates sucker punching. Bas Rutten = poooosy?

Either way, your view is very naive. If a fight is unavoidable, what's your suggested alternative to a sucker punch?
__________________
Highly opinionated but out of touch with the current MMA scene.

Support my FB athlete page!



Watch my 5th pro fight here



Watch my "Bare Knuckle" Boxing match here

Kin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-31-2007, 04:53 PM   #22 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 120
aGenius has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by No1Brawler View Post
You guys are really escalating this thing. Streetfighting is dangerous ofcourse but not to the level you guys claim. Yes, there have been deaths in street fights, but very few. Ive never heard of one around here and ive been around. I would say ive seen more than a hundred street fights,(ive worked as a bouncer) and been in a fair share. Never have i seen a death.

Dont start fights ofcoarse, but dont back away from a fight because you think he might kill you, thats stupid. You cant let yourself get dis-respected just because you think they could have a weapon.
Where are you from? I'm from Canada and I thought we were safe here. I know a few people that have been killed for being what I call, 'young and dumb.' During 18-22 years old, kids think that their adults and your hormones are all jacked. If you like fighting, (and of course I do!) there were plenty of places to find a fight. Clubs, bars, the basketball court, hockey fights, concerts. After I've seen a coupe people including one of my close friends, get stabbed at a club, I changed and realized that this was just stupid. I think thats one of the best things about mma and training for young men, it gives you an outlet for all the hormone swings of being of that age.
__________________
Favorite Fighters

1)Fedor
2)GSP
3)Rampage
4)BJ Penn
5)Cung Le
6)Nick Diaz
7)Anderson Silva
aGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:32 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned
 
southpaw447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,585
southpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin View Post
Bas Rutten advocates sucker punching. Bas Rutten = poooosy?

Either way, your view is very naive. If a fight is unavoidable, what's your suggested alternative to a sucker punch?
Where did he say this? Please enlighten me.

Sucker punching is basically hitting a person who is not prepared or for no apparent reason. If you mean in terms of self defense thats something entirely different, but to randomly walk up and punch someone who is trying to lay his mack down is just ******* low
southpaw447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:56 PM   #24 (permalink)
Kin
MMA fighter
 
Kin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 630
Kin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw447 View Post
Where did he say this? Please enlighten me.

Sucker punching is basically hitting a person who is not prepared or for no apparent reason. If you mean in terms of self defense thats something entirely different, but to randomly walk up and punch someone who is trying to lay his mack down is just ******* low
Sucker punching is hitting someone when they're not aware/ready. Reason, or lack there of, is a separate topic completely.

Watch Bas Rutten's self-defense vids. He sucker headbutts more than punches, but the point is to get off the first hit before your opponent is aware.
__________________
Highly opinionated but out of touch with the current MMA scene.

Support my FB athlete page!



Watch my 5th pro fight here



Watch my "Bare Knuckle" Boxing match here

Kin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 07:09 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
TheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw447 View Post
Where did he say this? Please enlighten me.

Sucker punching is basically hitting a person who is not prepared or for no apparent reason. If you mean in terms of self defense thats something entirely different, but to randomly walk up and punch someone who is trying to lay his mack down is just ******* low
A suckerpunch is not a punch thrown for no reason lol.
TheNegation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:22 AM   #26 (permalink)
NCK
Koscheck > St. Pierre
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 257
NCK will become famous soon enoughNCK will become famous soon enoughNCK will become famous soon enoughNCK will become famous soon enoughNCK will become famous soon enoughNCK will become famous soon enoughNCK will become famous soon enoughNCK will become famous soon enoughNCK will become famous soon enoughNCK will become famous soon enoughNCK will become famous soon enough
Alot of times when people suckerpunch you it is because they are scared you will beat them or they're just plain weak.

You say it got broken up? You should have taken him outside and started things off fair.
NCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:02 AM   #27 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 156
No1Brawler can only hope to improve
Im not sure what the exact definition is of a sucker punch but i think its hitting someone when its totally unexpected. So if the guy doesnt see it or if there was no argument at all and you just hit him.

Ofcoarse if theres a bit of a confrontation and you hit first, thats not a suckerpunch.
No1Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:38 AM   #28 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
milkkid291's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,672
milkkid291 Is Respected By All He Crossesmilkkid291 Is Respected By All He Crossesmilkkid291 Is Respected By All He Crossesmilkkid291 Is Respected By All He Crossesmilkkid291 Is Respected By All He Crossesmilkkid291 Is Respected By All He Crossesmilkkid291 Is Respected By All He Crossesmilkkid291 Is Respected By All He Crossesmilkkid291 Is Respected By All He Crossesmilkkid291 Is Respected By All He Crossesmilkkid291 Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw447 View Post
Where did he say this? Please enlighten me.

Sucker punching is basically hitting a person who is not prepared or for no apparent reason. If you mean in terms of self defense thats something entirely different, but to randomly walk up and punch someone who is trying to lay his mack down is just ******* low
If someone is hitting on your girl or trying to do shit with her, hit him. Obviously this thread poster was possibly hitting on this guy's girl. Maybe the guy who punched him should've talked to him, but when it involved your girl, the guy normally hitting on her or doing whatever won't stop or say shit like "What are you going to to about it and then it'll turn into a brawl." But I can also see it being a dare from someone to punch him because he trains in Mixed Martial arts. Question, to the thread starter, do you brag about training in MMA or Martial Arts to other people, because that could lead to someone daring someone to start a fight with you to see if you are what you say.

If anyone expects to hit on a girl who is already taken, don't be dumb and not expect shit from the guy.

I only fight in defense of anything, but I go by this rule if I know there will be an engagement.

Strike first, Strike hard, No mercy.
milkkid291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:38 AM   #29 (permalink)
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,450
xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by name goes here View Post
Where do you live/ go for a night out.

I remember at school there was a short guy, anyway when someone pissed him off (said his mom must have smoked when pregnant or something I think), he kicked him straight in the nuts. Many thought that was a ***** thing to do, but nobody thought he was a ***** and no one called him a *****. There are no 'rules' in a fight, in nasty streets people won't stop when you're beaten. It's stupid to fight polite, who cares what anyone thinks, your goal is to be the one choosing what condition you both go home in.

I live in the "bible belt" with a church on every corner. Needless to say there is a lot of hate. If you look on my not so updated sig 1 of my fights was outside a bar because this guy said "F$%^ you" because he didnt like my eclipse gsx. He was more of a truck kinda guy. So I fought and beat down the son of an elder of a baptist church near my residence.

I party at a few different bars, pool halls, and friends places.

Oh and my sig is not updated because I got the shit beat out of me afew weeks ago.
__________________


If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:54 PM   #30 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
traf_quake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 291
traf_quake is an unknown quantity at this pointtraf_quake is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by name goes here View Post
Where do you live/ go for a night out.

I remember at school there was a short guy, anyway when someone pissed him off (said his mom must have smoked when pregnant or something I think), he kicked him straight in the nuts. Many thought that was a ***** thing to do, but nobody thought he was a ***** and no one called him a *****. There are no 'rules' in a fight, in nasty streets people won't stop when you're beaten. It's stupid to fight polite, who cares what anyone thinks, your goal is to be the one choosing what condition you both go home in.
well that's like a fight i had last year....the guy came at me with a looping hook and i just ducked and took him down...then i put his arms under my knees and headbutted him and punched him in the nuts...done....didn't even throw a punch (cept a nutshot)...everyone said it was a bitch move but no one called me a ***** or anything like that there's no code of conduct on the streets, anything goes
__________________
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.
Friedrich Nietzsche
traf_quake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios