My problem. - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Standup Technique MMA Standup fighting techniques.

Reply

Old 03-10-2008, 01:01 AM   #21 (permalink)
MLS
Banned
 
MLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Backseat of the PlazzVan
Posts: 6,472
Blog Entries: 2
MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog89 View Post
Yea well to be honest i wasnt sure if hed said hed been getting trained southpaw or what.it confused me a little and yea
The angles are what i like about southpaw its fun cus makes your opponent think ok now whats coming at me now.and it opens their liver up for your power side.ala mirco cro cop body shot
Yeah he said he wasn't being trained southpaw but wanted to learn. I love the jab because I use it so much. If they haven't trained against a southpaw they aren't used to that jab coming straight at them from the left side, so they don't know how to react to it. Then I can fain the jab and setup other strikes off the faint.
MLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-10-2008, 01:10 AM   #22 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 693
bigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlsman23 View Post
Yeah he said he wasn't being trained southpaw but wanted to learn. I love the jab because I use it so much. If they haven't trained against a southpaw they aren't used to that jab coming straight at them from the left side, so they don't know how to react to it. Then I can fain the jab and setup other strikes off the faint.
Yea i throw it a little less like a jab with my right i throw it with some umphh which makes it even more interesting.
bigdog89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:17 AM   #23 (permalink)
MLS
Banned
 
MLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Backseat of the PlazzVan
Posts: 6,472
Blog Entries: 2
MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog89 View Post
Yea i throw it a little less like a jab with my right i throw it with some umphh which makes it even more interesting.
I also like to jab with the right and then throw a hook with the right, right after the jab as well. It takes a little while to get used to and to get the movement fast, but most people don't expect something to come at them from the same side after a jab from the side the jab` has been throw. I don' know if that makes sense, a little hard to explain without showing.
MLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:20 AM   #24 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 693
bigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlsman23 View Post
I also like to jab with the right and then throw a hook with the right, right after the jab as well. It takes a little while to get used to and to get the movement fast, but most people don't expect something to come at them from the same side after a jab from the side the jab` has been throw. I don' know if that makes sense, a little hard to explain without showing.
Nah i get what you mean bas demonstrates it on one of his dvd combinations i think it was and he was showing it from the left hand forward though.
bigdog89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:22 AM   #25 (permalink)
MLS
Banned
 
MLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Backseat of the PlazzVan
Posts: 6,472
Blog Entries: 2
MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog89 View Post
Nah i get what you mean bas demonstrates it on one of his dvd combinations i think it was and he was showing it from the left hand forward though.
I love that combo, but it takes awhile to get it down. Or I do like Mirko and faint the jab and shoot the kick out there like you said.
MLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:36 PM   #26 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 693
bigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enoughbigdog89 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlsman23 View Post
I love that combo, but it takes awhile to get it down. Or I do like Mirko and faint the jab and shoot the kick out there like you said.
Kinda like he did on the PRIDE FC '05 CC dvd
bigdog89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:28 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: So Cal
Posts: 46
JeffreyJr can only hope to improve
where are you located prodigy? have you seen any of the great instructional videos? they can help you become more at ease with the style you are looking for.
JeffreyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:55 PM   #28 (permalink)
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,450
xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlsman23 View Post
It depends on how good you are fighting out of orthodox. I think you should really get good at one and them try to move on to the other. When you switch to southpaw you have to re-learn your whole defense. Punches and kicks come at different angles and you have to get used to that. And its not that easy to just switch and think that you will automatically be able to make the switch. So I would try and get great at fighting out of orthodox then try and switch to southpaw.

Now I can fight out of both, but thats because I actually started boxing out of southpaw even though I am right handed. So I learned that and then went to learn my more natural orthodox stance. Learning both is great, but IMO you need to be great at one before moving to the other because of how different things are.
I am also a boxer, I started at southpaw even though im a righty.

Basically what he said, hes right.
__________________


If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:30 PM   #29 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 13
the>prodigy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyJr View Post
where are you located prodigy? have you seen any of the great instructional videos? they can help you become more at ease with the style you are looking for.
Where are these videos?
the>prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios