My Fight Story, please give feedback. - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Standup Technique MMA Standup fighting techniques.

Reply

Old 03-01-2010, 07:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
punchbag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 603
punchbag is a jewel in the roughpunchbag is a jewel in the roughpunchbag is a jewel in the roughpunchbag is a jewel in the roughpunchbag is a jewel in the roughpunchbag is a jewel in the roughpunchbag is a jewel in the roughpunchbag is a jewel in the roughpunchbag is a jewel in the roughpunchbag is a jewel in the roughpunchbag is a jewel in the rough
Learn ju-jitsu and boxing/thai boxing. Make sure as may people you know are around, throw a straight one two,shoot in for the double leg take down, when you're there on the ground as most average guys will know nothing about the ground/submission game, you should easily transition to the guys back slap on a rear naked choke,which is a simple technique for beginners and when he's ko'd lying there pull down his trousers and walk away, by the time he comes round he'll be so humiliated by the large crowd laughing at him that he'll never mess with you again.
P.s on the off chance that he lands a punch out of nowhere that ends up in you suffering the same fate, I take no responsibility for this post,lol.
punchbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-04-2010, 02:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,450
xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
What kind of advice is that? Gouge out his eyes!? What the hell! Knock him down, quickly incapacitate him, and run the hell away. That is what you do in a street fight. Anything else is conjecture and honestly, a person willing to gouge out a man's eyes when its not completely and utterly necessary is not a man I want to know, because I can't respect him.
Good advice I'd say. Well I could care less about your respect, If I am in a position to where I have to fight, its me or him. And I like me a lot more, if I blind him, if take away his ability to have children, if I cripple him, disfigure him or even take his life it means nothing to me as long as I survived.

Don't fight, but if you must, fight like the devil.
__________________


If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Squirrel Fighting Champ
 
Squirrelfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,719
Blog Entries: 4
Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeberus View Post
Good advice I'd say. Well I could care less about your respect, If I am in a position to where I have to fight, its me or him. And I like me a lot more, if I blind him, if take away his ability to have children, if I cripple him, disfigure him or even take his life it means nothing to me as long as I survived.

Don't fight, but if you must, fight like the devil.

I call bullshit. If its you versus a guy, one on one in the street, you wouldn't do one thing you claim you would. Blind him? Take away is ability to reproduce? Cripple him? Take his life? You're chocked full of crap aren't you? That kinda sucks man. I agreed with you on about everything else I've ever read (which you care nothing about, but just saying, sucks for me). And if its versus him and a group, thank god you've got a fighter's cardio, run like a bitch so you don't get curb stomped!

Groin kicks I agree with, that's a given. But you are gonna sit there and say, you would take the time to break a limb or tear out an eyeball, or actually kill someone when you could just keep distance and run away? I guarantee that's BS.

This is all considering he doesn't have a knife, in that case, run for your life, nothing is worth fighting a knife wielding looney-toon. In the case of a gun...beg for mercy or give him what he wants...pride isn't worth dying for.
__________________


Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. Thatís it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit

Last edited by Squirrelfighter : 03-05-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
HeadlessNorseman?
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 131
Qwertty has a spectacular aura aboutQwertty has a spectacular aura aboutQwertty has a spectacular aura aboutQwertty has a spectacular aura aboutQwertty has a spectacular aura aboutQwertty has a spectacular aura aboutQwertty has a spectacular aura aboutQwertty has a spectacular aura aboutQwertty has a spectacular aura aboutQwertty has a spectacular aura aboutQwertty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
I call bullshit. If its you versus a guy, one on one in the street, you wouldn't do one thing you claim you would. Blind him? Take away is ability to reproduce? Cripple him? Take his life? You're chocked full of crap aren't you? That kinda sucks man. I agreed with you on about everything else I've ever read (which you care nothing about, but just saying, sucks for me). And if its versus him and a group, thank god you've got a fighter's cardio, run like a bitch so you don't get curb stomped!

Groin kicks I agree with, that's a given. But you are gonna sit there and say, you would take the time to break a limb or tear out an eyeball, or actually kill someone when you could just keep distance and run away? I guarantee that's BS.

This is all considering he doesn't have a knife, in that case, run for your life, nothing is worth fighting a knife wielding looney-toon. In the case of a gun...beg for mercy or give him what he wants...pride isn't worth dying for.
I think he means if he is seriously threatened he isnt going to hold anything back... i dont think he means ANY fight hes in hes gonna rip someone balls off and poke out their eyes just for the fun of it. I do agree with running when possible though
Qwertty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,450
xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
I call bullshit. If its you versus a guy, one on one in the street, you wouldn't do one thing you claim you would. Blind him? Take away is ability to reproduce? Cripple him? Take his life? You're chocked full of crap aren't you? That kinda sucks man. I agreed with you on about everything else I've ever read (which you care nothing about, but just saying, sucks for me). And if its versus him and a group, thank god you've got a fighter's cardio, run like a bitch so you don't get curb stomped!

Groin kicks I agree with, that's a given. But you are gonna sit there and say, you would take the time to break a limb or tear out an eyeball, or actually kill someone when you could just keep distance and run away? I guarantee that's BS.

This is all considering he doesn't have a knife, in that case, run for your life, nothing is worth fighting a knife wielding looney-toon. In the case of a gun...beg for mercy or give him what he wants...pride isn't worth dying for.
You'd be wrong. I would do any of those things to survive a fight. I've been in combat sports for over 10 years, I probably wouldn't need to do many of those things unless put into certain situations.

I have kicked dudes in the balls and I've been tackled to the ground once and I put my fingers all sorts of ways into his eyes. Nothing I've said has been crap, fighting fair is for friends, real fighting is for your life. And all the things I've said are very effective and they are things anyone can do, which is why these are common self defense techniques taught to women.

Well if everyone thought the same way the world would be a boring place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertty View Post
I think he means if he is seriously threatened he isnt going to hold anything back... i dont think he means ANY fight hes in hes gonna rip someone balls off and poke out their eyes just for the fun of it. I do agree with running when possible though
Exactly. Fighting on the street is stupid, thinking there is any sense of honor or rules to follow in such an event is equally stupid. My advice would be to let them call you a ***** and just walk away.
__________________


If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:54 AM   #16 (permalink)
MMA Patriot
 
americanfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: louisville ky
Posts: 4,001
americanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By All
fighting on the streets is stupid man don't do it if i get in a fight on the street you ended it as fast as you can fighting dirty. kick in dont the balls thumb in the eyes etc because when your on the street you never know what's going to happen he could pull a knife one of his friends could jump in. its too dangerous and not worth the risk.

however if you are determined to do it then lean how to throw a front kick accurately and quickly . use it as a stop kick when he starts to come in stick it right in his stomach be sure not to telegraph it our else he will over commit. I am usually not one to be an ass hole but if you want to you can taunt him and when he gets aggravated and after you hit him with a few front kicks he will over commit that is when you duck and shoot for the takedown and ground and pound.

not exactly the way i would do it but thats the way i think you should fight it. However i strongly advise that you don't fight on the street period.
__________________
"The fat man flies at midnight"
americanfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:15 AM   #17 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: parts unknown
Posts: 2,638
alizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By All
4get all the silly advice, if its on the street pick up w/e weapon is readily available and reak havoc.

if no weapon is available i would go for a headbut, a kidney shot or a straight left then right then low right kick. if the leg kick hits hard i might follow up with a groin shot and if he drops im def stomping him til he stops moving.

gl with this guy, if he is a boxer you really need to avoid exchanging hands for too long u will get the worst of it everytime. THROW STRAIGHT PUNCHES DONT GET FANCY and look for those kicks and groin shots or even a Muay Thai clinch if u have him hurt then use ur strength advantage.

if u arent prepared to take it to the next level.... dont get into fights on the street.... you think guys will get beatdown and just shake ur hand after???

Last edited by alizio : 03-08-2010 at 03:17 AM.
alizio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
Squirrel Fighting Champ
 
Squirrelfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,719
Blog Entries: 4
Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeberus View Post
You'd be wrong. I would do any of those things to survive a fight. I've been in combat sports for over 10 years, I probably wouldn't need to do many of those things unless put into certain situations.

I have kicked dudes in the balls and I've been tackled to the ground once and I put my fingers all sorts of ways into his eyes. Nothing I've said has been crap, fighting fair is for friends, real fighting is for your life. And all the things I've said are very effective and they are things anyone can do, which is why these are common self defense techniques taught to women.

Well if everyone thought the same way the world would be a boring place.

Well I guess I'll eat crow on this one. I wasn't thinking of a genuine survival situation, my interpretation was just a random d-bag with no training/willingness to make the fight go long. Or the skills to take someone down and actually do something there. In a situation where life and death are involved, that aniumal instinct kicks in and gouging at the eyes becomes a logical option...

I've never thumbed or scratched at the eyes, mostly because my street-fighting experience is rather limited to only a few situations(usually against a drunken idiot). But in each situation I did keep my opponent back/evaded until he gassed and quit, or I put him down quickly and ran if the first option wasn't cutting it.
__________________


Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. Thatís it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit

Last edited by Squirrelfighter : 03-08-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:37 PM   #19 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 13
LivingItUp has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I'm sorry but I don't buy your BS. Street fighter mentality ? lol.... you're an idiot. STOP FIGHTING PEOPLE YOU ASSHOLE.


Now that I've had my swipe at the fact that you actually SAID that shit. Good work on going to an MMA Gym and good luck with your training goals.
LivingItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios